CDZ Housing Prices Increasing Twice as fast as Income

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
That is the National average and it conceals many problems:

The lack of skilled construction workers. This is both absolute and a disconnect between where it is possible to build affordable housing and where people want to live post-tax bill.

Much of the existing housing stock is found where SALT and the federal tax bill has both lowered public services and decreased take home pay.

What are some of the other problems I have missed?

lack of skills yes but job loss doesn't have anything to do with house prices going UP.

People trying to move to urban centers. Plenty of surplus in flyover country if you don't mind making less money and Wal-Mart being the big destination spot for you and your neighbors.

Back to reality. The poorer you are, the better Walmart is for you as a shopper. You get more for less money. See how that benefits a poor person ???

Then there is how they help low end workers by giving them experience to train them to get a better paying job if they are willing to work.

Walmart is a great American company

People trying to move to urban centers. Plenty of surplus in flyover country if you don't mind making less money and Wal-Mart being the big destination spot for you and your neighbors.

Back to reality. The poorer you are, the better Walmart is for you as a shopper. You get more for less money. See how that benefits a poor person ???

Then there is how they help low end workers by giving them experience to train them to get a better paying job if they are willing to work.

My post wasn’t any commentary on Wal-Mart. Though I don’t like how they help workers to sign up for welfare so they don’t have to pay them more, but you gotta game the system when you can I guess

My post wasn’t any commentary on Wal-Mart. Though I don’t like how they help workers to sign up for welfare so they don’t have to pay them more, but you gotta game the system when you can I guess

OK, it sounded snarky towards Walmart.

As to your follow on. Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?

As to your follow on. Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?
These days? I don’t know. The administration might pass a tariff or subsidy for people who want more than they’re worth at any time.

These days? I don’t know. The administration might pass a tariff or subsidy for people who want more than they’re worth at any time.

I don't know what that means, but what the hell. Here you go

Very important that people be forced to rent rather than own.

Renters almost universally believe there is no connection between property taxes and the rent they pay.

So, when presented with bond initiatives almost all vote in favour of them because it sticks it to those fat-cat landlords and doesn't touch them at all.

Very important that people be forced to rent rather than own.

Renters almost universally believe there is no connection between property taxes and the rent they pay.

So, when presented with bond initiatives almost all vote in favour of them because it sticks it to those fat-cat landlords and doesn't touch them at all.

I believe the theme song for that movie is "Burn Baby Burn".

We make less money in flyover country because we aren't burdened by state governments sucking us dry for liberal schemes. Prices across the board are lower in flyover country, so it takes less to live. Companies pay higher wages in places like New York and California because those states would be ghost towns if they paid what the rest of the country gets paid. The question is, why haven't those companies moved? I'll give you a for instance. My 2800 sq ft house that is worth $289k would cost you well over $1M on either coast. I'll stay in flyover country with a relative wage/cost than your stinking, festering, decaying urban center.

We make less money in flyover country because we aren't burdened by state governments sucking us dry for liberal schemes. Prices across the board are lower in flyover country, so it takes less to live. Companies pay higher wages in places like New York and California because those states would be ghost towns if they paid what the rest of the country gets paid. The question is, why haven't those companies moved? I'll give you a for instance. My 2800 sq ft house that is worth $289k would cost you well over $1M on either coast. I'll stay in flyover country with a relative wage/cost than your stinking, festering, decaying urban center.
Your house is worth less because the economy and market where you live have only a fraction of the competition and demand for products and services that exists in urban centers. In other words, if you live somewhere where nothing’s going on, don’t expect people to be outbidding each other for the chance to work and/or live there.

It’s called Mortgage Banker whores.
It’s doesn’t mean these houses are selling.

Your house is worth less because the economy and market where you live have only a fraction of the competition and demand for products and services that exists in urban centers. In other words, if you live somewhere where nothing’s going on, don’t expect people to be outbidding each other for the chance to work and/or live there.

LOL You don't know shit about what you're talking about. We had one of the lowest state unemployment rates during the disastrous Obama economy.

LOL You don't know shit about what you're talking about. We had one of the lowest state unemployment rates during the disastrous Obama economy.
So? The market dictates that your house is cheap because there’s little demand for it. The most basic economic principle there is.

That made no sense in terms of the post you responded to. Try again.

Why isn't it the responsibility of the low end workers to work harder and care more about their jobs rather than Walmart to pay them more than they are worth?

Forum List

Back