House votes to restrict unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Newby, May 27, 2011.

1. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    And which House is that you might wonder? It's the Massachusetts House, which is controled by Democrats. Funny how Wisconsin comes under the media scrutiny for doing this because the Repubs are in control over there, yet the Dems in Mass. seem to get a pass for doing the same thing.

House votes to restrict unions - Boston.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,989
    This will be ignored, the press will not cover it in detail, no outrage will occur and the left will simply pretend it doesn't matter AFTER the outcry they made about Wisconsin. Proving to anyone with half a brain it was never about the Unions but rather a means to attack a different party.

3. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,124
    Do as I say, not as I do. Do as I say, not as I do. Do as I say, not as I do.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

4. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Ma. is a seriously Liberal state. Ted fucked it up in a big way like everything else he touched.
    I'm glad he's fucking dead. Dead Ted.. has a nice ring to it.

5. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Public unions shouldn't be tolerated at all. Labor unions typically negotiate for a share of a given companies profits. Taxpayers DON'T HAVE "profits". And there's no disinterested third party to arbitrate problems and to protect our interests. These public union members ARE a part of "government".

6. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    When has the left not staked out two positions...One for them and one for the peasants.

7. copsnrobbers

copsnrobbers I call it as I see it

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +244
    Lets not forget they represent a money pit for the cock sucker liberals.

Public Unions will be our demise.. Welfare is nothing compared to it.

Recent studies show the absolute majority of Public Union workers did NOT graduate from High School.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  8. OohPooPahDoo

OohPooPahDoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,320

Massachussetts?

You mean that state where Governor Romney signed and supported forcing people to buy health insurance.

9. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    This might seem somewhat of an opinion from days gone bye, but its my humble opinion that while everyone should have a right to bargin with their employer for their salary and working conditions etc. A public employee accepts the fact they are working for the taxpayer and not a private company when making an application for the postion and as such those positions should not be subject to strike or any kind of negotiation as it tends to hold the entire public hostage including those doing the negotiation. As for private companies it's also my humble opnion that Unions should be allowed to form at the will of the employee's as the above does not hold true, and those who do not wish to join those Unions should not be forced to do so. It has always seemed to me that as a Free nation when you have to force someone to pay into a group they do not wish to belong to as a condition for working , sort of goes against the word Free. Those Union members though who have formed should not be held in contempt as well nor should they be kept by law from seeking better compensation as a group or better working conditions. Just a thought here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043
    Quit living in the past man.. First all we hear from you left wingers is Bush this, Bush that.. Nothing about Obama might be the PROBLEM. Now you are blaming Romney for THIS and he has not been the GOV there in how many years. Just like the left blamed Romeny for that mans wife death even though she had insurance for years after her husband got let go from Bain, even though he had the choice to get bought out, Even though she did not die until 8 years after Romney left Bain.. But somehow . It was ALL Romneys fault.

When is it the Democrats fault... The only time you guys take credit for anything is when it is positive.. Reagan also got dealt a bad economy but he DID not play the blame game his first 4 years on Carter . He did what he had to do to turn the economy around.. So tired of the woesy me , Poor me, HELP me, GIVE me, Im entitled to Party !!