House Votes to Lift Ban on Offshore Drilling!!!

I don't understand how it's a "giveaway" if private companies are risking their own money to build offshore platforms.

Also, if these aren't too far out to sea, I wonder if they just use underwater pipelines to get the oil to land?

Mr.Conley said:
Exactly, we just need to ensure that the procedures are in place so that, if anything ever did happen, the effects could be minimized.

I believe now that they've genetically engineered bacteria to "eat" oil spills and render them harmless to the environment. I'm not sure though. I'll go check.

You libs and your incessant demented hand-wringing ...

You're like rain man.

Advancing the Gay Jewish Satanic Atheist Liberal NeoCon Chinese Japanese Masonic Illuminatti Mexican Rockefeller Disney Corporate Communist "New World Order" plan for global domination, one post at a time
Edit/Delete Message

Mr.Conley said:
Advancing the Gay Jewish Satanic Atheist Liberal NeoCon Chinese Japanese Masonic Illuminatti Mexican Rockefeller Disney Corporate Communist "New World Order" plan for global domination, one post at a time
Edit/Delete Message

At least you're honest.

Yes, my Gay Jewish Satanic Atheist Liberal NeoCon Chinese Japanese Masonic Illuminatti Mexican Rockefeller Disney Corporate Communist NWO Controllers are very pleased with my work here.

Mr.Conley said:
Yes, my Gay Jewish Satanic Atheist Liberal NeoCon Chinese Japanese Masonic Illuminatti Mexican Rockefeller Disney Corporate Communist NWO Controllers are very pleased with my work here.

Finished reading Mein Kampf so time is heavy on your hands?

red states rule said:
Finished reading Mein Kampf so time is heavy on your hands?
OHHH... using the , "Your a Nazi," attack. I expected more from you.

However, all these conspiracy theorists seem to think that the Nazi and Hitler survived after World War 2, so I'll add that to the sig.

Now its, "Advancing the Gay Jewish Nazi Satanic Catholic Atheist Liberal NeoCon Chinese Japanese Masonic Illuminatti Mexican Rockefeller Disney Corporate Communist "New World Order" plan for global domination, one post at a time

Alas, one of the biggest reasons libs are proven hyprocrits. Bitch about our dependancy on foreign oil but refuse to let us get our own. So willing to give the money to foreign oil companies that don't have hardly any environmental laws to follow, and completely unwilling to let our own energy companies to provide us with what we need. Libs seem to live in some kind of fantasy world where we can just wake up and all be driving hydrogen or corn fueled cars within a few years. Meanwhile in reality we are being strangled by our dependancy on foreign oil.

jillian said:
Good to know the Senate is still a little more circumspect than the House. I wish they'd put a bit of effort into finding alternative energy sources.

By "circumspect" do you mean "stupid"?

Mr.Conley said:
WASHINGTON - The House voted Thursday to end a quarter-century offshore drilling ban and allow energy companies to tap natural gas and oil beneath waters from New England to Alaska.

Opponents of the federal ban argued that the nation needed to move closer to energy independence and insisted the gas and oil could be taken without threatening the environment and coastal beaches. They said a state choosing to keep the moratorium could do so.

The measure was approved 232-187.

But the bill’s prospects in the Senate were uncertain. Florida’s two senators have vowed to filibuster any legislation that would allow drilling within 125 miles of Florida’s coast. Other senators from several coastal states also have strongly opposed ending the drilling restrictions.

Many lawmakers fear that energy development could despoil coastal beaches, should there be a spill, and threatens the multibillion-dollar recreation and tourist economies of states where offshore energy development has been barred since the early 1980s.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13573049/
about damn time

Forum List

Back