House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill

House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill - The Hill's E2-Wire

The House rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at repealing a slew of light bulb efficiency standards that conservatives have targeted as an egregious example of federal overreach.

The Better Use of Light Bulbs (BULB) Act, sponsored by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), failed on a 233-193 vote, with a two-thirds majority needed for passage.

The vote fell mostly along party lines, but five Democrats voted in favor of the bill and 10 Republicans voted against the bill. One Republican voted "present."

So the Republicans wasted all their time on this issue, just to fail in the part of Congress they have a large majority of.
:boohoo:

The morons in DC need to have a few more light bulbs going off in their heads... Big brother has no business telling people what type of light bulbs that can buy.

on the surface, not anymore than you having to start a New thread when we have like 3 (combined by Mods ) on this topic already , so as to highlight another rep are dim bulbs plug......

but alas, no, read the article, its has a message that speaks to your op commentary.

I didn't see another thread about the failure of this bill passing. If there is another one, feel free to point it my way.

It is amusing to watch kooks get up in arms over this. They invoke "liberty" as an argument.

Only if they had as much passion for liberty regarding the TSA and the Patriot Act. Alas, they don't. They are hypocrites and don't understand the meaning of liberty.

I support the move to CFL's because it makes sense on several levels.
Not the least of which is that it saves the electric generation industry hundreds billions in upgrades and new power plants, which keeps electricity cheaper.

that would seem to be something the right would support?

The question to ask now is this: Have Republicans taken up legislation to allow corporations that own canneries to put is much damn salt as they want in canned food? Or better yet, is there a constitutional amendment pending that would make the seasoning of food a constitutional right?

I wish both things were true.

It is amusing to watch kooks get up in arms over this. They invoke "liberty" as an argument.

Only if they had as much passion for liberty regarding the TSA and the Patriot Act. Alas, they don't. They are hypocrites and don't understand the meaning of liberty.

Hey.....at least the k00ks are winning on shit that matters.:rock: We can throw a bone to the mental cases: light bulbs.

Meanwhile, every environmental nut is sitting squarely on a big old telephone pole in terms of significant environmental regulations. Nobody gives a rats ass about global warming anymore except the internet OCD contingent. On capitol hill, the topic is radioactive. ANd in a couple of years, we're going to be fracking the shit out of everywhere Im happy to say.......plus, I dont have to worry about having my electric bill double, thanks to epic levels of fAiL from the tree fcukking huggers. Fcukk them......watching their epic fall into the abyss since 2008 has been a hoot!!!!!!!!!!:2up:

peewee2-1.jpg

Last edited:
on the surface, not anymore than you having to start a New thread when we have like 3 (combined by Mods ) on this topic already , so as to highlight another rep are dim bulbs plug......

but alas, no, read the article, its has a message that speaks to your op commentary.

I didn't see another thread about the failure of this bill passing. If there is another one, feel free to point it my way.

did you figure it out?

First, why on earth did they need a two thirds majority for passing? They are just repealing a law. Yeah, they would probably get vetoed by the President and need it to override the veto, but as of right now why wouldn't they merely have to have majority support as all laws are since the law needs to be passed before the President can exercise his descretion to veto it.

Second, why on earth are you people happy that the Federal Government is telling you what kind of light bulb you can buy? Do you have no self respect and desire for liberty anymore?

I think we have been as passionate about the TSA. As for the Patriot act, I still haven't seen a fair argument of why we can't do to terrorists what we already do to mobsters.

I'm with the "D" is for "Dim-wits" party on this one. Last thing I need out of my own semi-useless default party is for them to throw a big monkey wrench into my black market light bulb empire. I've been stockpiling for a year! :tongue:

Off brand 40 watt bulbs to start at $10 each. :eusa_whistle:

They aren't worth 3 for a dollar.

I think we have been as passionate about the TSA. As for the Patriot act, I still haven't seen a fair argument of why we can't do to terrorists what we already do to mobsters.

Give them a reality show?

First, why on earth did they need a two thirds majority for passing? They are just repealing a law. Yeah, they would probably get vetoed by the President and need it to override the veto, but as of right now why wouldn't they merely have to have majority support as all laws are since the law needs to be passed before the President can exercise his descretion to veto it.

Second, why on earth are you people happy that the Federal Government is telling you what kind of light bulb you can buy? Do you have no self respect and desire for liberty anymore?

I do have the liberty to choose my phone plan, thank goodness.

I can't wait to see the dims come up with a solution to the mercury contamination that's coming... dumbasses.

House turns out lights on Barton's bulb bill - The Hill's E2-Wire

The House rejected a bill Tuesday aimed at repealing a slew of light bulb efficiency standards that conservatives have targeted as an egregious example of federal overreach.

The Better Use of Light Bulbs (BULB) Act, sponsored by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), failed on a 233-193 vote, with a two-thirds majority needed for passage.

The vote fell mostly along party lines, but five Democrats voted in favor of the bill and 10 Republicans voted against the bill. One Republican voted "present."

So the Republicans wasted all their time on this issue, just to fail in the part of Congress they have a large majority of.

Apparently you flunked third grade arithmetic. Get someone to tell you what 2/3rds of 435 is.

Does not the Gov advocate, subsidize, regulate, and address the standards of every energy source we have Avatar?

Introducing the ideal of choice as freedom would , as an umbrella overview, be a rather monumental task to parse out , would it not?

Forum List

Back