House Suing Obama Administration For Failure To Comply

IGetItAlready

Rookie
Jul 27, 2012
Don't you hate it when the things you wish everyone would just forget about keep blowing up in your face?

GOP sues to force Obama compliance on Fast and Furious

House Speaker John A. Boehner said President Obama and his team were ignoring a congressional subpoena — something the courts have long recognized as valid — and said lawmakers were left with no choice but to ask the third branch to referee.

The administration first said it would try to work out a way to release the documents and said they didn’t show anything incriminating. But the White House later reversed course and claimed executive privilege prevented them from having to release the information.

When you put it that way...

Justice Department spokeswoman Tracey Schmaler said the House GOP chose to fight rather than work the matter out. “We were always willing to work with the committee, instead the House and the committee have said they prefer to litigate,” she said.

Bullshit lady. The people were in fact paying attention and your misinterpretation of the facts of this case is as juvenile as the president's last minute attempt to cover for his old buddy Holder.

Last edited:
It is pretty much the same thing Bush and company did. They used executive privilege just like this. I agree there should be some sort of oversight on the president, and if it takes Obama to get the republicans to give up the executive power that kept the Bush administration from saying fuck you to congress when they wanted answers then let us get some new regulation over it. The US was asking for it years back when we were lied to about WMDs, and now it might finally come true.

One can only hope republicans are so shortsighted that they remove the easy way for the executive branch, no matter who is in office, from doing the wrong thing under the protection of executive privilege. I just think that if we do not have 4 more years of obama and mittens is in office using this sort of protection we will not hear a peep from congress on doing this. It seems a little like they planned on this more as a character assasination on Obama for the presidential election rather than actual reform they plan on getting through. If obama makes a second term i am sure they will be able to pass something in 4 years. I have no confidence congress will act in the next 3 months to get in reform just in case mittens is president, but maybe the republicans will prove me wrong.

Still, slamming holder for this is a bit far from convicting Obama on anything.

"the Justice Department has left the House no choice but to take legal action so we can get to the bottom of the Fast and Furious operation that cost border agent Brian Terry his life,” Mr. Boehner said."

Boehner is a liar. Fast and Furious did not cost agent Terry his life. The drug war did. He was murdered by Mexican national criminals hunting for drug smugglers to rob, who were stopped by the ATF agents, who then shot at them with bean bags. There is no reason to beleive that these Mexicans would not have been armed that night if there was no F & F.

"the Justice Department has left the House no choice but to take legal action so we can get to the bottom of the Fast and Furious operation that cost border agent Brian Terry his life,” Mr. Boehner said."

Boehner is a liar. Fast and Furious did not cost agent Terry his life. The drug war did. He was murdered by Mexican national criminals hunting for drug smugglers to rob, who were stopped by the ATF agents, who then shot at them with bean bags. There is no reason to beleive that these Mexicans would not have been armed that night if there was no F & F.

So take Brian Terry's death off the table. There's still this:

the Justice Department has left the House no choice but to take legal action so we can get to the bottom of the Fast and Furious operation

Is there any other excuse you'd like to use to deflect?

• Banned
It is pretty much the same thing Bush and company did. They used executive privilege just like this. I agree there should be some sort of oversight on the president, and if it takes Obama to get the republicans to give up the executive power that kept the Bush administration from saying fuck you to congress when they wanted answers then let us get some new regulation over it. The US was asking for it years back when we were lied to about WMDs, and now it might finally come true.

One can only hope republicans are so shortsighted that they remove the easy way for the executive branch, no matter who is in office, from doing the wrong thing under the protection of executive privilege. I just think that if we do not have 4 more years of obama and mittens is in office using this sort of protection we will not hear a peep from congress on doing this. It seems a little like they planned on this more as a character assasination on Obama for the presidential election rather than actual reform they plan on getting through. If obama makes a second term i am sure they will be able to pass something in 4 years. I have no confidence congress will act in the next 3 months to get in reform just in case mittens is president, but maybe the republicans will prove me wrong.

Still, slamming holder for this is a bit far from convicting Obama on anything.

This is one of those rambling, incoherent posts you're famous for te, but despite that fact I truly did read every word and did my very best to make sense of what you're attempting to say.
I'm sorry to say I've failed in that effort but one thing I can scrape together from all of that is that "Bush did it".

In that regard let me just say that the documents in question do not fall under the jurisdiction of an executive order, not all of them anyway, not even most of them.

The courts have recognized the congressional subpoena as valid and the DoJ and the administration must now comply.

And btw, were it not for 18 months of obstruction on the part of Holder and his DoJ, simpletons would have no grounds on which to base their "election year fishing expedition" claims.

Exactly what "reforms" are you referring to? The council is simply attempting to get to the bottom of what happened and Holder and Obama clearly don't want them to know.

the Justice Department has left the House no choice but to take legal action so we can get to the bottom of the Fast and Furious operation

Holder and Obama are stonewalling. What are they hiding?

If we just legalized drugs and turned border enforcement over to the cartels none of it would ever have happened.

They already have all the info on every aspect of F&F. That's not what they are fishing for.

But no lets not take his death off the table. It was the result of the horrible drug policy. So is the gun running. Lets end that.

there is no reason for the Administration to comply to Republican fanaticism ...

the Justice Department will be publishing their own investigation into the matter as is the proper response to the failed ATF program.

Wow, you are one ignorant mother fucker, aren't you?

F&F is the program by which Agent Terry was murdered, and his blood is all over Holders hands. It remains to be seen if it is on Obama's, but evoking Executive Privileged with regard to the F&F program Started by and ran by the Obama Administration's justice department, says he is hiding something.

They already have all the info on every aspect of F&F. That's not what they are fishing for.

But no lets not take his death off the table. It was the result of the horrible drug policy. So is the gun running. Lets end that.

It might be better to know exactly what happened before we attempt to keep it from happening again.
Why were there no tracking devices on these guns? How did we intend to track the guns without them?
Those two questions alone point to a ridiculously flawed program and as such the identity of the ranking DoJ official involved needs to be disclosed and appropriate action taken.
This thing has now gone to a whole new level with Holder and more recently Obama's blatant attempts to keep the truth from being known and claims that whistle blowers have been retaliated against.

Why isn't Obama mad as hell about this? Mexico was furious when they found out about this operation and if I recall, one of the many excuses the administration has cited in their opposition to AZ protecting their own borders was the implications of state affecting foreign relations. Has this operation not had the same effect?

there is no reason for the Administration to comply to Republican fanaticism ...

the Justice Department will be publishing their own investigation into the matter as is the proper response to the failed ATF program.

Whether YOU see a reason or not, there is a congressional subpoena that even the almighty Obama is not above.

F&F is the program by which Agent Terry was murdered, and his blood is all over Holders hands. It remains to be seen if it is on Obama's, but evoking Executive Privileged with regard to the F&F program Started by and ran by the Obama Administration's justice department, says he is hiding something.

Fuck you asshole.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk]Commando: "Fuck you asshole" - YouTube[/ame]

Fuck you asshole.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk"]Commando: "Fuck you asshole" - YouTube[/ame]
Yeah.....I figured.

I assume the House weighed suing Obama vs. a non-DOJ prosecution of Holder. Good choice, kick Obama and let the shit fall on Holder's head. Obama and Holder should be expelled to Africa where they can rule a 3rd-world country in unfettered Afro style.

Forum List

Back