House Repubs waste MORE time

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Is there no limit to the non-jobs bills the Repubs take up? :eusa_eh: Red meat for the soc con base no doubt.

First Read - House to vote on making 'In God We Trust' nation's motto
"For more than 50 years, the National Motto has been the law of the land. While some have questioned its constitutionality, none of these challenges has succeeded. We wonder, therefore, why the Majority believes this precatory intervention by Congress is so necessary."
"By aggressively pursuing a vehicle that places the government in the position of making an affirmatively religious statement, the Majority has transgressed the clear line between government and religion in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment."

Last edited:
Yeah but, designating a Monument IS the work for the people and JOBS jobs jobs.

Clearly a vital subject.... since we have two threads on it.

More hysteria from the left. Funny shit.

The Democrats took control of the country in January 2007 & massively increased government debt, spending & regulations. They destroyed our jobs.

fredgraph.png

You didn't waste any time did you steffie :dig: From my link in my other thread:

Beyond the historical issues, Obama noted the economic value of Fort Monroe's designation as a national monument. He said local officials have estimated that a plan for reusing the site would help create nearly 3,000 jobs in next-door Virginia.

why do conservatives shun reading? :eusa_eh:

You didn't waste any time did you steffie :dig: From my link in my other thread:

Beyond the historical issues, Obama noted the economic value of Fort Monroe's designation as a national monument. He said local officials have estimated that a plan for reusing the site would help create nearly 3,000 jobs in next-door Virginia.

OK THEN........(an ESTAMATED)3000 jobs should put a dent in that 9% Unemployment...
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
The Democrats took control of the country in January 2007 & massively increased government debt, spending & regulations. They destroyed our jobs.
Yeah. Wall St and their water-carriers in Washington, from both sides of the aisle, had nothing to do w/ it :cuckoo:

Last edited:

OK THEN........(an ESTAMATED)3000 jobs should put a dent in that 9% Unemployment...

Your not very good at backpedaling stef :( I'll give you another pass because you're a ardent conservative. ;) I unnerstand ;)

Your not very good at backpedaling stef :( I'll give you another pass because you're a ardent conservative. ;) I unnerstand ;)

No backpedaling. I read about all the hoopla over this somewhere else this morning, before I went to work. but you'll EXCUSE me if I don't get a picture down of the Obama and shower it with kisses FOR THOSE 3000 (estimated) jobs over some monument

Is there no limit to the non-jobs bills the Repubs take up? :eusa_eh: Red meat for the soc con base no doubt.

"For more than 50 years, the National Motto has been the law of the land. While some have questioned its constitutionality, none of these challenges has succeeded. We wonder, therefore, why the Majority believes this precatory intervention by Congress is so necessary."
"By aggressively pursuing a vehicle that places the government in the position of making an affirmatively religious statement, the Majority has transgressed the clear line between government and religion in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment."
I think there are quite few Republican congressman that need to say they did do something in Washington and what better way to impress the Tea Party than to put "In God We Trust" on every government building. If the court shoots it down, then that strengthens the resolve to pack the courts with conservative judges.

No backpedaling. I read about all the hoopla over this somewhere else this morning, before I went to work. but you'll EXCUSE me if I don't get a picture down of the Obama and shower it with kisses FOR THOSE 3000 (estimated) jobs over some monument

Jobs are jobs stef. You specifically mentioned what did it have to do w/ "jobs, jobs, jobs". One job means a lot to someone who doesn't have one. Multiply that by @ 3K. This Fort was also pivotal in The Civil War. I believe Gen'l Butler was commanding there.

I bet it will pass the House and Senate and Obama will sign it.
Know why?

Official White House Response to Edit the Pledge of Allegiance to remove the phrase "Under God".

By Joshua DuBois

The separation of church and state outlined in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution is an important founding principle of our nation. Our nation's Bill of Rights guarantees not only that the government cannot establish an official religion, but also guarantees citizens' rights to practice the religion of their choosing or no religion at all.

Throughout our history, people of all faiths – as well as secular Americans – have played an important role in public life. And a robust dialogue about the role of religion in public life is an important part of our public discourse.

While the President strongly supports every American's right to religious freedom and the separation of church and state, that does not mean there's no role for religion in the public square.

When he was a Senator from Illinois, President Obama gave a keynote address at the Call to Renewal conference where he spoke about the important role religion plays in politics and in public life.

A sense of proportion should also guide those who police the boundaries between church and state. Not every mention of God in public is a breach to the wall of separation - context matters.

That's why President Obama supports the use of the words "under God' in our Pledge of Allegiance and "In God we Trust' on our currency. These phrases represent the important role religion plays in American public life, while we continue to recognize and protect the rights of secular Americans. As the President said in his inaugural address, "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers." We're proud of that heritage, and the strength it brings to our great country.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/Petitions#!/response/religion-public-square

If I am wrong, there will be egg on someone's face.

Last edited:
Red meat for the soc con base no doubt.

Correct. The stuff of stump speeches.

why do conservatives shun reading?

It may conflict with rightist dogma.

I think there are quite few Republican congressman that need to say they did do something in Washington and what better way to impress the Tea Party than to put "In God We Trust" on every government building. If the court shoots it down, then that strengthens the resolve to pack the courts with conservative judges.
True, a frightening prospect.

It bet it will pass the House and Senate and Obama will sign it.
Know why?

Official White House Response to Edit the Pledge of Allegiance to remove the phrase "Under God".

By Joshua DuBois

The separation of church and state outlined in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution is an important founding principle of our nation. Our nation's Bill of Rights guarantees not only that the government cannot establish an official religion, but also guarantees citizens' rights to practice the religion of their choosing or no religion at all.

Throughout our history, people of all faiths – as well as secular Americans – have played an important role in public life. And a robust dialogue about the role of religion in public life is an important part of our public discourse.

While the President strongly supports every American's right to religious freedom and the separation of church and state, that does not mean there's no role for religion in the public square.

When he was a Senator from Illinois, President Obama gave a keynote address at the Call to Renewal conference where he spoke about the important role religion plays in politics and in public life.

A sense of proportion should also guide those who police the boundaries between church and state. Not every mention of God in public is a breach to the wall of separation - context matters.

That's why President Obama supports the use of the words "under God' in our Pledge of Allegiance and "In God we Trust' on our currency. These phrases represent the important role religion plays in American public life, while we continue to recognize and protect the rights of secular Americans. As the President said in his inaugural address, "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non-believers." We're proud of that heritage, and the strength it brings to our great country.

He'd also sign a bill that said churches are nice but that doesn't mean its a pressing issue right now :eusa_eh:

It bet it will pass the House and Senate and Obama will sign it.
Know why?

By Joshua DuBois

He'd also sign a bill that said churches are nice but that doesn't mean its a pressing issue right now
:eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

:lmao:

mind.jpg

He'd also sign a bill that said churches are nice but that doesn't mean its a pressing issue right now :eusa_eh:

Obviously it's pressing enough to have the White House comment on the petition, eh?

Forum List

Back