House Republicans vote to increase mercury emissions

Mercury in our environment makes more right winger Beck viewers. Republicans like that.

but seriously mercury in our environment may be responsible for the rise in mental retardation among our children.
Putting a cork up everyones' ass won't save the world.

a32613.jpg
where did you find that pic of chris?

yeah, somehow not cutting the current levels is somehow adding more to it
chris and his cohorts are liars

Umm not reducing the mercury output to the environment IS adding more mercury to the environment vs reducing the output of mercury into our environment.

And depending on the details of the exemption it may actually allow more mercury output by the cement corps.
not the way he said in his title
the title of this thread is a bald faced lie

Umm not reducing the mercury output to the environment IS adding more mercury to the environment vs reducing the output of mercury into our environment.

And depending on the details of the exemption it may actually allow more mercury output by the cement corps.

the title may be decieving, but then about half of the thread titles here are.

I am for keeping as much mercury out of my grandchildrens environment as I can. I would like for them to be able to eat fish they catch.

the title may be decieving, but then about half of the thread titles here are.

I am for keeping as much mercury out of my grandchildrens environment as I can. I would like for them to be able to eat fish they catch.
same here
but i dont blatently lie in titles
like he does
hell, unless he;s doing the copy & paste thing, most of what he posts is lies

Nothing decieving about it.

Allowing plants to continue to pump mercury into the air increases the amount of mercury every single day.

The U.S. House of Representatives passed a budget bill early Saturday that would stop the federal government from enforcing new clean-water rules affecting the St. Johns River and other Florida rivers and lakes.

The restriction on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was a minor amendment written into a bill that would cut overall government spending by about $60 billion through the end of September.

Its implications for Florida could be dramatic, however.

Interests on opposing sides have painted EPA's efforts as either a key to reducing potentially toxic algae blooms that often cover the state's waterways or a mad rush to waste billions of dollars cleaning streams to impossibly high standards.

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi and Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam are currently suing EPA over the rules.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: U.S. House budget vote threatens Florida clean-water rule | jacksonville.com

The U.S. House voted overwhelmingly to bar the Environmental Protection Agency from moving ahead with allowing a higher blend of ethanol in the nation's gas tanks.

Just before 2 a.m. today, the House voted 286-135 to block the EPA from spending any money to carry out a waiver to allow E15 to be sold at the nation's fueling stations. Currently, most gas stations sell E10 — which is 10 percent ethanol.

The EPA has granted a waiver to allow a blend of 15 percent of ethanol to be sold for vehicles from the 2001 model year and newer.

Rep. John Sullivan, R-Oklahoma, introduced an amendment to the bill to fund government operations through Sept. 30, to block EPA from moving ahead.

From The Detroit News: House votes to block E15 from gas pumps | detnews.com | The Detroit News

What a load of unhinged, Al Gore bullsHIT! Around 70% of mercury released is connected to volcanoes, the ocean, and soils. The big fish / shell fish scare is a joke. It's nothing more than economic warfare. Why is high mercury levels in fish only mentioned every now and then? Because they mention it when they see fit. Today it's lead in the water, tomorrow it's Madcow disease. Then the next day it's the swine flu which was nothing more than the same old flu. My, My how those drug companies made their profits off of the fools who shot their kids and themselves up with that garbage. They are now finding out that the vaccine causes seizures in many people. = Sheople. ~BH

Forum List

Back