House Republicans Pass $868 Mil in Cuts to WIC (women, infants, children)

The Republican Party must first address the issues of military spending before they cut entitlement spending. The reason for this is simple: the interests of the American people outweigh the interests of needless military action. One of many reasons why I support Ron Paul (RonPaul2012http://ronpaul2012.com/).

No need to worry.

Conservative donations to private charity will make up for 100% of this. If you believe conservatives...

Indeed. Little known fact: poverty didn't exist before the D3m0nrat$ created it by passing the nightmarish Nazi-inspired Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

That's kinda of Correct. People were dying in droves in this country..to the cheers and champagne glass clinks of Conservatives.

“Let Them Die And Decrease The Surplus Population” - A famous Conservative!

No need to worry.

Conservative donations to private charity will make up for 100% of this. If you believe conservatives...

Indeed. Little known fact: poverty didn't exist before the D3m0nrat$ created it by passing the nightmarish Nazi-inspired Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

Well, maybe this will encourage more abortions.

And muggings. We're gonna have to hire more cops with the money we thought we saved.

We'll have children mugging old people for groceries. We'll have desperate moms getting weapons from Eric Holder.

But they leave farm subsidies unchanged.

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Food Aid Cuts For Women, Children Passed By House Republicans
There is far too little oversight of WIC, AFDC and other entitlement programs. Most people on these programs are gaming the system while far more deserving people are denied benefits.
When I drive by the County Social Services building which is in a former shopping center, the parking lot is packed every day. The kinds of cars in the lot I cannot afford event though my wife and I make a very good living.
When I am in the grocery store and I see people with loaded shopping carts, well dressed people whipping out food stamp coupon books. Well dressed people with full shopping carts who exit the store and get into their SUV's and other expensive vehicles.
I am sick of government bureaucrats who are employed to administer these programs gobbling up salary and benefits for doing next to nothing but figuring out ways to keep their cushy jobs.
I am just sick of it. Sick of government waste. Sick of politicians who bitch and moan about not being able to jack up our taxes and carp about not being able to spend more.
Oh my, the old Reagan welfare queen in a Cadillac.

As long as they can still give tax breaks to the rich and give oil companies tax incentives, they will be fine. The GOP's unwritten agenda is to rid the country of the lower class. In doing so, if some of the middle class are lost, well, that is the collateral damage of political war. How they convince so many in the middle class that they are actually interested in their well being, I will never know? Every move they make and every policy they push is a clear signal that they are interested only in corporate American, the rich, the influential, and white people.

OH please.....Shut the fuck up...."The White people"....
Racist fuckwad

Liberals don't seem to understand that corporations can also be spelled J.O.B.S.
But they sit on $Trillions.

Let's boil it down.............

Lefty: All of you that have more money than those who vote for me are going to have to pay your fair share so my dumb poor alcoholic, drug-addicted supporters will keep me in office and enjoying the good life. Oh, wait, I almost forgot.....It's for the children.

Farm state subsidies--means DEMOCRATS looking for reelection--HELLO. When are you going to get it--cuts are going to have to be made EVERYWHERE. We have RUN out of money. There are not enough RICH people in this county to pay this tab. 14.3 trillion in red ink now--with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities (social security and medicare). 18,000 baby boomers are entering social security and medicare daily and this will continue for the next 15 years--resulting in 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

View attachment 13731

1 billion dollars (100.00 bills stacked on palets)

View attachment 13732

1 trillion dollars (100.00 bills stacked on palets) What happened to the man? He's shrunk down in the lower left corner.

And all resulting in this

View attachment 13733

14.3 in red ink now--with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

We have 114.3 Trillion in unfunded liabilities.

It was funded for a total of 6.7 billion in 2011
And I'm not gonna do your research for you. Bottom line is yes, the dems also cut the bill.

No link = epic failure

Don't be so fuckin lazy its there if you look. You just DON'T WANT TO SEE IT.

I thought that the Democrat Congress failed to pass a budget last year. So, where would one go to look for last year's budget numbers which you claim show that the Democrats cut funding for WIC?

No link = epic failure

I thought that the Democrat Congress failed to pass a budget last year. So, where would one go to look for last year's budget numbers which you claim show that the Democrats cut funding for WIC?

Key word search on Google maybe?
Here is a snipit of what I easily found...

Funds WIC at $6.048 billion. This figure includes $147 million provided by Rep. Rosa DeLauro’s (D-CT) amendment at full Committee consideration. This additional funding was stripped out on the House floor, and then reinserted by an offset that reduced all accounts in the Ag Approps bill by a 0.78 percent across-the-board cut. Even with the additional $147 million, the program is not expected to serve all those who are eligible. WIC was funded at $6.7 billion in FY2011.

I found that in 2 minutes. If you lefties used your brain you wouldn't have to rely on us so much. Ha ha

Funds WIC at $6.048 billion. This figure includes $147 million provided by Rep. Rosa DeLauro’s (D-CT) amendment at full Committee consideration. This additional funding was stripped out on the House floor, and then reinserted by an offset that reduced all accounts in the Ag Approps bill by a 0.78 percent across-the-board cut. Even with the additional $147 million, the program is not expected to serve all those who are eligible. WIC was funded at $6.7 billion in FY2011.

I found that in 2 minutes. If you lefties used your brain you wouldn't have to rely on us so much. Ha ha

Actually, the figure I find (at a WIC site, no less) was funding at $6.748 billion as part of the CR, and NOT a legislative cut to the program by Democrats last year (as YOU claimed) because this CR for year 2011 was passed by the Republican controlled Congress. The date listed is April 12, 2011.

House Appropriators Announce Full Year CR WIC Funding for FY 2011 | NWICA

Note that it is an "international program." In other words, we aren't talking about providing food to American mother's and children. If you want to provide food to woman and children in Somalia, feel free to send them some. Our government simply doesn't have the money for this foolishness any longer.

But they leave farm subsidies unchanged.

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Actually, the figure I find (at a WIC site, no less) was funding at $6.748 billion as part of the CR, and NOT a legislative cut to the program by Democrats last year (as YOU claimed) because this CR for year 2011 was passed by the Republican controlled Congress. The date listed is April 12, 2011.

Here's an idea for ya. Since birth control is very easy to acquire, easier than a job, why not wait to have kids until you're more secure instead of depending on taxpayers who have their own families to house and feed, medical bills, education, etc. Naw. That wouldn't work. Dumb asses.

Not really comparable. States don't have the ability to borrow in the same way the federal government does. Federal government also has a lot more flexibility about how to spend. A lot of California's spending in required by referendums.

the fact is Polk....so many times in these threads i read the Lefties here saying how heartless the Republicans are for cutting programs for the Handicapped and Elderly....and yet here Brown is doing the same thing......he could have said i dont want to touch these people....but he did not.....and now all i hear is people like you making excuses for him.......

It's not an excuse. It's an explanation.

looks like an excuse to me.....he could have defended these people.....he did not......does that make him as heartless as the Republicans?........

So when did California give tax breaks to millionaires? I must have missed that...YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT AGAIN!:doubt:

no your missing the point......he is cutting from those who cant fend for themselves......i thought a good caring Democrat is beyond such things....if Arnold was the guy doing this Jim you would be right here calling him a Heartless Bastard....

No, you are the one missing the point. I am sure there is a need to cut from programs that serve the poor and impovished. But to do that at the same time you are advocating a tax cut for the wealthy is unthinkable. It is the lowest of lows. That is exactly what Paul Ryan's plan does.

And don't argue the old lame republican response that. cutting taxes for the rich, increases jobs. How did that work out for W? Obama has created twice the number of jobs as W did, in 2 years, to W's 8.

Now do you understand?

No, you are the one missing the point. I am sure there is a need to cut from programs that serve the poor and impovished.

there is a need?.....what need?.....now you sound like the people you are bashing here.......you sound like a Republican now Jimmy....

But to do that at the same time you are advocating a tax cut for the wealthy is unthinkable

oh i have?.....you want to show me where?......

Obama has created twice the number of jobs as W did, in 2 years, to W's 8.

and im delivering twice as many Unemployment Checks as i was back then.....and im talking Engineers and people with 4 year degrees.......and many of these guys said they voted for Obama......you think they will again?.....

now do you understand?

Here's an idea for ya. Since birth control is very easy to acquire, easier than a job, why not wait to have kids until you're more secure instead of depending on taxpayers who have their own families to house and feed, medical bills, education, etc. Naw. That wouldn't work. Dumb asses.

I can hear them now " I have a right to have kids whether I can afford them or not"

Fucking idiots.

Forum List

Back