House Republicans Pass $868 Mil in Cuts to WIC (women, infants, children)

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
But they leave farm subsidies unchanged.

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Food Aid Cuts For Women, Children Passed By House Republicans

Well, they have to find more money for tax cuts for the rich somewhere! Why not take it from those who can least defend themselves? Good move GOP!

Well, they have to find more money for tax cuts for the rich somewhere! Why not take it from those who can least defend themselves? Good move GOP!

are you going to bitch when a Democrat does the same thing?......if so i want to see you bad mouthing Jerry Brown......

Disabled Fight Jerry Brown’s Budget | HHS Network CA

Gov. Jerry Brown's budget cuts devastate the disabled, poor, sick and elderly : Indybay

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

are you going to bitch when a Democrat does the same thing?......if so i want to see you bad mouthing Jerry Brown......

Gov. Jerry Brown's budget cuts devastate the disabled, poor, sick and elderly : Indybay

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

So when did California give tax breaks to millionaires? I must have missed that...YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT AGAIN!:doubt:

As long as they can still give tax breaks to the rich and give oil companies tax incentives, they will be fine. The GOP's unwritten agenda is to rid the country of the lower class. In doing so, if some of the middle class are lost, well, that is the collateral damage of political war. How they convince so many in the middle class that they are actually interested in their well being, I will never know? Every move they make and every policy they push is a clear signal that they are interested only in corporate American, the rich, the influential, and white people.

So when did California give tax breaks to millionaires? I must have missed that...YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT AGAIN!:doubt:

no your missing the point......he is cutting from those who cant fend for themselves......i thought a good caring Democrat is beyond such things....if Arnold was the guy doing this Jim you would be right here calling him a Heartless Bastard....

Earth to Moonbats: We've run out of Other People's Money.

I'd cut WIC altogether if it were up to me. if you're eligible for WIC you're eligible for food stamps to. Welfare is meant to HELP, not support. Not to mention WIC is a discriminatory government program and is unconstitutional as a result.

I gotta say that while cuts need to be made to the budget, when Republicans cut food assistance to women, infants, and children while insisting on maintaining the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, it only serves to reinforce the image of Republicans' as being cold and heartless.

Seems pretty foolish to me. It makes what they tried to do to Medicare look positively altruistic in comparison.

A spending bill to fund the nation's food and farm programs would cut the Women, Infants and Children program, which offers food aid and educational support for low-income mothers and their children, by $868 million, or 13 percent. An international food assistance program that provides emergency aid and agricultural development would drop by more than $450 million, one-third of the program's budget. The legislation passed 217-203.

As they cut other programs, lawmakers rejected two proposals that would have saved money by lowering the maximum amount of money a farmer can receive in subsidies from the government. While fiscal conservatives and other critics of subsidies argued that they need to be cut as lawmakers look for ways to save, farm-state members said those cuts should be pushed back until Congress considers a new five-year farm bill next year.

Farm state subsidies--means DEMOCRATS looking for reelection--HELLO. When are you going to get it--cuts are going to have to be made EVERYWHERE. We have RUN out of money. There are not enough RICH people in this county to pay this tab. 14.3 trillion in red ink now--with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities (social security and medicare). 18,000 baby boomers are entering social security and medicare daily and this will continue for the next 15 years--resulting in 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

$1 billion dollars.jpg

1 billion dollars (100.00 bills stacked on palets)

$trillion dollars.jpg

1 trillion dollars (100.00 bills stacked on palets) What happened to the man? He's shrunk down in the lower left corner.

And all resulting in this

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

14.3 in red ink now--with another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

Wouldn't you think that a poster who uses "mustang" and shows a picture of a horse on a a pastoral background would appreciate farm subsidies? Alas. the internet is seldom what you think. Get used to cheap shots at the congressional majority these days.

Earth to Moonbats: We've run out of Other People's Money.

Only if it's for feeding poor children. We've got tons of cash laying around to subsidize big agribusiness concerns and to build weapons systems to blow up threats that don't exist.

explain Brown then.....

Not really comparable. States don't have the ability to borrow in the same way the federal government does. Federal government also has a lot more flexibility about how to spend. A lot of California's spending in required by referendums.

There is far too little oversight of WIC, AFDC and other entitlement programs. Most people on these programs are gaming the system while far more deserving people are denied benefits.
When I drive by the County Social Services building which is in a former shopping center, the parking lot is packed every day. The kinds of cars in the lot I cannot afford event though my wife and I make a very good living.
When I am in the grocery store and I see people with loaded shopping carts, well dressed people whipping out food stamp coupon books. Well dressed people with full shopping carts who exit the store and get into their SUV's and other expensive vehicles.
I am sick of government bureaucrats who are employed to administer these programs gobbling up salary and benefits for doing next to nothing but figuring out ways to keep their cushy jobs.
I am just sick of it. Sick of government waste. Sick of politicians who bitch and moan about not being able to jack up our taxes and carp about not being able to spend more.

Only if it's for feeding poor children. We've got tons of cash laying around to subsidize big agribusiness concerns and to build weapons systems to blow up threats that don't exist.

explain Brown then.....

Not really comparable. States don't have the ability to borrow in the same way the federal government does. Federal government also has a lot more flexibility about how to spend. A lot of California's spending in required by referendums.

So you want to keep borrowing & spending money we don't have? Wonderful idea.

Have you been watching what has been going on in Greece lately?

No one can borrow and spend their way to prosperity. If we keep this up--we will ALL be POOR and standing in soup lines.

Last edited:
As long as they can still give tax breaks to the rich and give oil companies tax incentives, they will be fine. The GOP's unwritten agenda is to rid the country of the lower class. In doing so, if some of the middle class are lost, well, that is the collateral damage of political war. How they convince so many in the middle class that they are actually interested in their well being, I will never know? Every move they make and every policy they push is a clear signal that they are interested only in corporate American, the rich, the influential, and white people.

OH please.....Shut the fuck up...."The White people"....
Racist fuckwad

New Topics

Forum List

Back