House Republicans' Constitutional Ignorance

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Chris Weigant: House Republicans' Constitutional Ignorance

The Tea Party Republicans in the House of Representatives are supposed to -- according to their own statements -- absolutely revere the United States Constitution. They even opened their current congressional session by reading the whole text of the document aloud (or, at least, the non-embarrassing parts of it). So it's a little surprising that they appear not to understand one of the bedrock ideas enshrined within the Constitution -- how a bill becomes a law. House Republican leaders have announced they'll be voting on a bill this Friday (charmingly entitled the "Government Shutdown Prevention Act"). This bill reportedly contains a piece of legislative fantasy within it -- that the House of Representatives can declare something to be the "law of the land" without any input or action from either the Senate or President Obama.

What the Constitution actually says about that

Constitution's Article I, Section 7:

Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States...

Constitutional ignorance.

There's already a thread on this.
And quit posting drekk from the HuffPo.
What a laugh for Democrats to lecture anyone on the Constitution, with Elizabeth Warren in office.

What a laugh for Democrats to lecture anyone on the Constitution, with Elizabeth Warren in office.

I defend the Constitution so I know it, do you?

There can't be too many threads acknowledging Cantor's ignorance.

Or highlighting yours.
Cantor has forgotten more about law in the last 20 minutes than you've learned in the last 20 years. Fact.

Another ignorant, illiterate fool is going to tell us how laws are made again?

(As if that has ANY bearing on the issue they have with Cantor's Act)

See the other thread, then run away in shame.

Son? Someone should be defending it from the likes of you. You have shown nothing but ignorance and contempt for what you claim to know and defend.

Son? Someone should be defending it from the likes of you. You have shown nothing but ignorance and contempt for what you claim to know and defend.

Has Fail-Oh joined the leftist pretend resume squad? So he's pretending to be an NCO. Jillian pretends to be a lawyer. Chris pretends to be sentient.

And Rabid pretends to be stupid? No, that is not an act.

By the time the Teabaggers get done, President Obama will be re-elected with more votes than in 2008.

And Rabid pretends to be stupid? No, that is not an act.

By the time the Teabaggers get done, President Obama will be re-elected with more votes than in 2008.

Were you the same guy predicting "Dems again in 2010"?
Put "PAID" to that notion, s0n.

Forum List

Back