House republicans claim people making $450,000 a year are middle class?

"Welfare" for corporations and the military are beneficial to the nation, they are both the best known vehicles with which to move money from the top to the bottom with the least amount of corruption.

House Republicans claim an annual salary of $450,000 is middle class

"On Thursday, House Republicans issued a fact sheet about their new tax cut plan that referred to Americans earning $450,000 a year as “low- and middle-income”—even though that income level would put those taxpayers in the top 0.5 percent of all individual Americans.

The median household income in the United States is $59,039, after all."

Middle class??? I am not going to argue the tax cuts or anything like that. I just want to hear justification for considering a couple who makes $450k as being middle class.
It illustrates just how clueless and out of touch Republican are – the GOP is indeed the party of the rich, its agenda detrimental to middle and income Americans.
like democrats are poor,right jones?....

They're stuck in the bubble. My brother lives in Alexandria, VA. His house is half the size of mine on a quarter of the property...and it was over 15 times more expensive ($650,000 and $42,000 respectively).

I lived in the Washington Metro area for awhile...the cost of living there is staggering. I'm not making excuses for the Republicans...they are out of touch...but in their circles, $450,000 IS middle class.
Yup. I was there on a government contract for about a year. Lived in Dale City and the rent was absurdly high. Income was higher as well but not at the level of the col increase. And food was ridiculously expensive.

Pelosi planted that in their heads when she said a couple thousand dollars in tax breaks is just 'crumbs'.
A couple of thousand in tax breaks are crumbs to billionaires.
You know, the people who actually get the tax breaks?

"Welfare" for corporations and the military are beneficial to the nation, they are both the best known vehicles with which to move money from the top to the bottom with the least amount of corruption.
Then why do Republicans work so hard to move money from the bottom to the top?

No they are not. There is no reason the corps get tax breaks, and well we do not need the military scattered all over the globe.

Then why do Republicans work so hard to move money from the bottom to the top?

Why do pretty much /all/ people want "more" money? To buy shit, to support their families, to support their lifestyles, to invest in shit, to make shit, to do stuff, etc.

No they are not. There is no reason the corps get tax breaks, and well we do not need the military scattered all over the globe.

I actually agree, corps with a decent product don't need tax breaks. Nations, states, and cities /need/ the jobs that said corporations can provide, therefore they offer tax breaks and grants to draw the corporations to them. Nations, states, and cities, in general, are a bit smarter than your average bear.

Forum List

Back