House Republicans Behaving as if Stupidity were a Virtue?

Why wouldn't Boehner allow the bill to be voted on?

Because it wouldn't have passed originally. However, after Boehner got all that pressure from his own party to pass the bill, it was passed on a voice vote so no member is on record as having supported the bill.

Wrong.

It would have passed, because some of the Republicans were ready to vote for it.

But the Tea Party was against it, until they realized it would hurt them politically to be against it.

Why wouldn't Boehner allow the bill to be voted on?

Because it wouldn't have passed originally. However, after Boehner got all that pressure from his own party to pass the bill, it was passed on a voice vote so no member is on record as having supported the bill.

Wrong.

It would have passed, because some of the Republicans were ready to vote for it.

But the Tea Party was against it, until they realized it would hurt them politically to be against it.

I got the impressiong that Boehner didn't have the votes even though he had essentially assured Senate Republicans he could get it through.

Wrong.

I got the impressiong that Boehner didn't have the votes even though he had essentially assured Senate Republicans he could get it through.

No, he had the votes, but most of the Tea Party Republicans were against it.

So it would have passed with all of the Dems and a few of the Republicans voting for it.

That would have been a big embarrassment to him.

Wrong.

So it would have passed with all of the Dems and a few of the Republicans voting for it.

Why would he have been embarrassed then? He's certainly embarrassed now.

Wrong.

How many times have we heard them say, remember how it went in 2010. Those people (tea party republicans) that were voted in are way way over their heads and I am pretty sure there is a bit of regret for voting them in at this point.

Not going to well for them.

Forum List

Back