House rejects debt limit hike in protest vote

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Reuters ^ | Jan 18, 2012 | Reuters
House rejects debt limit hike in protest vote | Reuters

The House of Representatives voted to reject a $1.2 trillion increase in the federal debt limit on Wednesday in a largely symbolic vote aimed at staking out election-year positions on government spending.

The House voted 239 to 176 along party lines in favor of a "resolution of disapproval" against the increase sought by President Barack Obama, but the the winning tally was far short of the number needed to override an Obama veto

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

I'm so fucking happy, GO REPUBLICANS!!! It is time to cut, cut and cut some more!

Obama gutted the pipeline and the 100,000 jobs and Canadian oil in favor of his arab friends... vote down any money he wants to spend. I love to hear him whine.

The House of Representatives voted to reject a $1.2 trillion increase in the federal debt limit on Wednesday in a largely symbolic vote aimed at staking out election-year positions on government spending.

The House voted 239 to 176 along party lines in favor of a "resolution of disapproval" against the increase sought by President Barack Obama, but the the winning tally was far short of the number needed to override an Obama veto

I'm so fucking happy, GO REPUBLICANS!!! It is time to cut, cut and cut some more!
Damned straight. Throwing more money isn't going to work. All it does is get us farther in debt. Further entrences future generations to slavery to pay it off.

I'd say give it to him with the same amount in cuts in the budget/government jobs and be firm about it. WE are broke.

Obama gutted the pipeline and the 100,000 jobs and Canadian oil in favor of his arab friends... vote down any money he wants to spend. I love to hear him whine.

100,000 jobs?

Don't you mean 100 million jobs?

All of you know the GOP will go limp under its current leadership.

Symbolic of what, when they will cave.

Are you not getting sick of the school yard politics. Here is how it was planned. Obama could not O.K the pipeline because in fact it will only create 10 thousand jobs based on Canadian numbers. The left is against it, rightfully so. The product is more toxic than imaginable with no means of clean up. The pipeline is being constructed of thinner steel to cut costs and is being pumped at higher pressure. The pipeline has already had a dozen leaks. These are just facts. Obama comes out against the pipeline ahead of schedule in order to have something to give the republicans to raise the debt ceiling. End result is we lose they win. Higher debt and a project that benefits only one corporation who is refining the crap. Our environment suffers, our economy suffers and Obama and the right look like they are doing their jobs. Stupid shit like this pisses me off and if either side of the public thinks they won well then the country is full of idiots.

100,000 jobs?

Don't you mean 100 million jobs?
It's more like 20,000 ON this topic.

Nice attempt at hijacking though.

Obama Administration Rejects Keystone Pipeline Permit | Fox News

Eric Cantor says 20,000 jobs but he is as big a liar as Willow

All democrats do is spend and when they're not doing that they're drafting laws that would make our government more federalist or authoritarian...

Every progressive in this country belongs in prison..........

I think we should borrow all the money that China will loan to us. Then just to fuck 'em, not pay them back.

I think we should borrow all the money that China will loan to us. Then just to fuck 'em, not pay them back.

We will never pay them back via money...

The way we pay them back is through trade agreements for the next century....

Are you not getting sick of the school yard politics. Here is how it was planned. Obama could not O.K the pipeline because in fact it will only create 10 thousand jobs based on Canadian numbers. The left is against it, rightfully so. The product is more toxic than imaginable with no means of clean up. The pipeline is being constructed of thinner steel to cut costs and is being pumped at higher pressure. The pipeline has already had a dozen leaks. These are just facts. Obama comes out against the pipeline ahead of schedule in order to have something to give the republicans to raise the debt ceiling. End result is we lose they win. Higher debt and a project that benefits only one corporation who is refining the crap. Our environment suffers, our economy suffers and Obama and the right look like they are doing their jobs. Stupid shit like this pisses me off and if either side of the public thinks they won well then the country is full of idiots.

If you are going to spout BS dont even respond to anything I post.

folks, this vote was meaningless. reps made a deal last time the limit was raised to have a phony vote and give obama authority to raise the limit anyway.

This is why we need Ron Paul...

He'd tell China to go fuck off...

I would too haha....

We will never pay them back via money...

The way we pay them back is through trade agreements for the next century....

When China comes over here and kicks our ass and takes the country over, it won't matter.

They can't....

They would be certainly pissed but they damn well know they cant defeat the US without destroying the world, hence themselves in the process.

China would never go to war with the US...

Forum List

Back