House planning to admonish

Let 'em.

It'll probably garner the man another million in donations.

Indeed. One, he apologized and it was accepted. Two, while apologizing he begged forgiveness for venue, not message. Many agree with him, Obama lied.

Tomorrow will be interesting with big turnout in DC and many others throughout the country. Where I'll be:

Republican Day Healthcare Rally

Ah yes, the 9/12 rally.

Think Progress » Flashback: Beck said he was against capitalizing on a ‘historical terrorist attack.’

Think Progress » Exploiting 9/11, Glenn Beck, Extremists And Corporate-Backed Groups Plan Anti-Obama March

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...works_says_jump_tea_partiers_ask_how_high.php

For the record by the way, I think it's wrong of House democrats to try and censure Joe Wilson. He apologized to the only man who was slighted, Barack Obama. Obama accepted his apology and that's that. The Faux Outrage by House Democrats is transparent as can be.

Also, this event is going to be funded by the health lobbyists and groups against ANY reform. Doesn't sound so American to me.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the dems are pushing this. The outburst seems to have generated positive energy for them, and this will take the wind out of their sales.

I'm surprised the dems are pushing this. The outburst seems to have generated positive energy for them, and this will take the wind out of their sales.

They are looking at the fact that Joe Wilson's opponent has raised more than $400,000 in a day and the DNC has raised much money since this. They are looking to capitalize to raise even more funds. Meanwhile, the RNC is looking to capitalize in their own way I'm sure.

I too think, and hope, he'll tell the house to go fuck themselves. He apologized, the President accepted, and that should be the end of it.
The people will, and do, see it for what it is, the fledgling left wing trying to score political points and that's it.:eusa_whistle:

The Associated Press: House plans to admonish Rep. Wilson over insult

By BEN EVANS and SEANNA ADCOX (AP) – 2 hours ago
WASHINGTON — Democratic leaders are planning a House vote early next week to admonish Republican Rep. Joe Wilson if he does not apologize on the House floor for yelling "You lie!" during President Barack Obama's health care address to Congress.

I don't think he will cave to this pressure, after all he has raised some re-election money by doing this. Nancy Pelosi needs to do a whole lot of apologizing to the American people for calling anyone who opposes her views as Nazi's.

WASHINGTON — Democratic leaders are planning a House vote early next week to admonish Republican Rep. Joe Wilson if he does not apologize on the House floor for yelling "You lie!" during President Barack Obama's health care address to Congress.

I don't think he will cave to this pressure, after all he has raised some re-election money by doing this. Nancy Pelosi needs to do a whole lot of apologizing to the American people for calling anyone who opposes her views as Nazi's.
Speaker Pelosi certainly never called anyone a Nazi.

You're right. That was John Murtha.

The Dems will not hold majority forever. What comes around goes around.

And then Liberalism will be supposedly dead again. Then the Republicans will fuck it up, with the GOP being on the ropes. Then the Democrats in class fashion will fuck up yet again, being the weak spine individuals that they are for the most part. Then the Republicans have their time. Round and round we go, when it stops, nobody knows. Probably around the time people say "I'm tired of the two party system where they basically vote the same but act like they throw us a bone by "fighting" for us on certain issues."

Though I assume Liberals will be the ones to grow most tired first, especially since at least the Republicans are smug and hypocrites enough to try and get something like Gay Marriage federally banned while bitching about how Abortion is protected federally.

Yeah... But she was thinkin' it! :lol:
Are you using Reagan's fortune teller?

No, I have a Magic 8 Ball.

magic-8-ball.jpg

Forum List

Back