House Passes Volunteerism Bill Critics Call forced

I do find it kind of ironic that a half-white/half-black man is going to make other blacks go into forced servitude.

Imagine hearing John McCain talk about this during the campaign. Al and Jesse would be all up into it...screaming that
a white man wants to bring back slavery.

Well...your "brother" wants to do it.

Are you cool wit dat?

Last edited:
oh no... the HORROR... LOOKING INTO the feasability of people helping other people.

how suckish!!!

There is no question about the feasibility of young people helping others, millions do so. Whether or not it should be 'required'? No more than saying the pledge, it's not the job of the government.

I do find it kind of ironic that a half-white/half-black man is going to make other blacks go into forced servitude.

Imagine hearing John McCain talk about this during the campaign. Al and Jesse would be all up into it...screaming that

Are you cool wit dat?

we need more cowbell

Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds

sounds like re-education camps to me......

Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds

sounds like re-education camps to me......

you're just a typical white person

Are you cool wit dat?

we need more cowbell

images

- Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

The House of Representatives passed a measure Wednesday that supporters are calling the most sweeping reform of nationally-backed volunteer programs since AmeriCorps. But some opponents are strongly criticizing the legislation, calling it expensive indoctrination and forced advocacy.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h111-1388

Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.”
also

Section 120 of the bill also discusses the “Youth Engagement Zone Program” and states that “service learning” will be “a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.”
In Obama's own words

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that is just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded.” President Obama July 2008
Change is coming....

I really don't see this passing. I think the campaign talk was so Obama could look more hawkish without having it tied to foreign po,licy. He knew his strengths were in domestic policy and he wanted to work in the hawkish message.

I can't see mandatory service passing - I could see it being tied to a benefit, like a scholarship, like the teaching service etc that clinton did, like the NIH service I had to do for my fellowship money - But not some sort of draft for all youth. That's nuts, it won't fly.

The house is a bunch of crazies anyway, ignore them, they pass everything.

How about.. we DON'T ignore them. We replace them.

I really don't see this passing. I think the campaign talk was so Obama could look more hawkish without having it tied to foreign po,licy. He knew his strengths were in domestic policy and he wanted to work in the hawkish message.

I can't see mandatory service passing - I could see it being tied to a benefit, like a scholarship, like the teaching service etc that clinton did, like the NIH service I had to do for my fellowship money - But not some sort of draft for all youth. That's nuts, it won't fly.

The house is a bunch of crazies anyway, ignore them, they pass everything.

How about.. we DON'T ignore them. We replace them.

Can't we just do without them ?

Forum List

Back