House passes Ryan "budget"

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Paul Ryan Budget: House Passes Plan 228-191

aka The Rape Of The American People

Look Stephanie - the link is to HuffPo. Dose that mean its not true?

Note that this was a real vote. Not the phony vote they forced on the Obama budget. This one had actual numbers in it. Funny thing is, the senate won't pass this garbage and the president won't sign it.

IF the pres were to sign this shit, I'd be the first to say he should be impeached.

WTF is wrong with the rw's that they're in favor of having their own legs cut off?

I really don't understand Boehner's thinking on this. I guess he's afraid of Cantor lowering the boom, because this doesn't make sense. Why would you take a vote on something that's deeply unpopular, and that you know will never pass the Senate, in an election year.

Luddly Do-right...to the rescue. Is now planning the impeachment of Obama.

Go for it dude...we are all behind you on this one...110%!

Paul Ryan Budget: House Passes Plan 228-191

aka The Rape Of The American People

Look Stephanie - the link is to HuffPo. Dose that mean its not true?

Note that this was a real vote. Not the phony vote they forced on the Obama budget. This one had actual numbers in it. Funny thing is, the senate won't pass this garbage and the president won't sign it.

IF the pres were to sign this shit, I'd be the first to say he should be impeached.

WTF is wrong with the rw's that they're in favor of having their own legs cut off?

I really do hope all Americans take a close look at this budget proposal. The idiot Republicans are trying to cut taxes even more when revenue is at its lowest level in the last 60 years. They are brain dead, completely brain dead. And they're going to try to tell us that by cutting the top income tax rate from 35% to 25%, we will increase tax revenue. They are absolutely brain dead and do not understand basic math concepts. This really is scary shit folks.

If you libturds have a better plan, then out with it.

I've got a plan that is just as realistic as this one. Instead of cutting taxes, let's raise them to a top rate of 90%. Might as well battle stupid ideas with more stupid ideas. The Republicans sure seem to keep doing it.

I completely understand the argument that spending must be cut. Whether I agree or not does not matter, at least that argument has merit. However to make that argument while insisting that we cut revenue even more than we have only makes sense to those with an IQ in the range of 50 to 75. I really do love it though; cut taxes so revenue drops, then blame social programs on the shortfall. This shit should be on Comedy Central rather than in Congress.

Democrat Obstructionists

That's what they do third best..Blaming & Whining is still.. 1st & 2nd...

I haven't read Ryan's budget.
I did read his medicare proposal.
Newt was right when he called
it right wing engineering.
Ryan looks out for the GOP's
corporate backers.
He's not looking out for the people.
Beware of the wolves in
sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

I've got a plan that is just as realistic as this one. Instead of cutting taxes, let's raise them to a top rate of 90%. Might as well battle stupid ideas with more stupid ideas. The Republicans sure seem to keep doing it.

I completely understand the argument that spending must be cut. Whether I agree or not does not matter, at least that argument has merit. However to make that argument while insisting that we cut revenue even more than we have only makes sense to those with an IQ in the range of 50 to 75. I really do love it though; cut taxes so revenue drops, then blame social programs on the shortfall. This shit should be on Comedy Central rather than in Congress.

I certainly hope that is Obama's re-election strategy, raise taxes to 90%.

Revenue will come when the economy comes back. Closed businesses and the unemployed pay nothing, no matter how high you set their tax rate. 30% of businesses making profit and employed people will bring in real revenue.

I really don't understand Boehner's thinking on this. I guess he's afraid of Cantor lowering the boom, because this doesn't make sense. Why would you take a vote on something that's deeply unpopular, and that you know will never pass the Senate, in an election year.

Of course it won't pass the Senate, because Harry and the Hussein won't let it come up for vote. Just because the Senate won't do their job means the House shouldn't pass a budget?

Obama does not want a budget passed, period. Last year when Repubs and Dems we're negotiating a budget, the Repubs said they would cave in and be ready to raise taxes. Obama immediately pulled the plug when the Repubs called him on his bluff. Since then there has been no real attempt for both sides to come together and work on a budget because Obama made it quite clear he will sign no budget, even if it has the support of both the Dems and Repubs. He's election strategy is to run against a "do-nothing Congress" and his re-election campaign is far more important than the welfare of the country.

Yes, Yes, give oil companies and the wealthy more tax breaks, take it out of my pay check, every month if you have to. Take away my Medicare and SS, I want to get screwed so oil companies continue to make obscene profits. F me, I need to suffer more. Good God, the republican base is insane.

Luddly Do-right...to the rescue. Is now planning the impeachment of Obama.

Go for it dude...we are all behind you on this one...110%!

The pubs force a phony vote on a budget they've deleted all the details from and you somehow believe this equates with impeaching the president?

If I live to be 100, I will never understand the fantasy world of the rabid, radical, ignorant right winger.

bayoubridge and other intelligent, well-read posters are correct -
Yes, Yes, give oil companies and the wealthy more tax breaks, take it out of my pay check, every month if you have to. Take away my Medicare and SS, I want to get screwed so oil companies continue to make obscene profits. F me, I need to suffer more. Good God, the republican base is insane.

The Ryan budget will increase the national debt.

The NYTimes:

a. Deficit in 2016
Obama: $529 billion
Ryan Plan $241 billion

b. Added debt over the next ten years:
Obama $6.4 trillion
Ryan $3.1 trillion

c. Balances the budget:
Obama: never
Ryan: by 2040
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/us/politics/house-republicans-release-budget-blueprint.html?_r=1

don't confuse him with facts. He'll get a nosebleed or something.

Doing nothing is a better plan then eliminating medicare, giving millionaires 6 trillion in more tax breaks and eliminating preventative health spending, energy efficient spending Pell grants, transportation investments etc etc etc

Doing nothing is a better plan then eliminating medicare, giving millionaires 6 trillion in more tax breaks and eliminating preventative health spending, energy efficient spending Pell grants, transportation investments etc etc etc

There was a time when a million dollars was alot of money.

In ten years it will be worth a six pack of beer.

This is simply theater, and they know it which would be the hard part to understand if you didn't recognize the power of pretense over time. Down the road, regardless of what happens, the republicans can go back and say, they had the solution but it wasn't accepted. It does not matter that it would never work or accomplish anything; it only matters that you reference it. You see the power in this in the rewriting of important events and history. The American mind today is lost in cesspool of partisan nonsense that pretends to be truth, BS as Henry Frankfurt wrote.

"It is just this lack of connection to a concern with truth - this indifference to how things really are - that I regard as of the essence of bullshit." Harry Frankfurt

Forum List

Back