House passes new Buffett Rule

Terrific. :) Now, Democrats who want to put their money where their mouths are and FUND the spending they recommend have a cool, new way to do that. The debt should be paid off in no time, right? um... right? :eusa_shifty:

• Banned
Terrific. :) Now, Democrats who want to put their money where their mouths are and FUND the spending they recommend have a cool, new way to do that. The debt should be paid off in no time, right? um... right? :eusa_shifty:

To be fair, that knife cuts both ways.

What a joke, people can check a box and send in more to the IRS if they feel like it? :eusa_hand:

Not as far as I'm concerned. I'm not recommending that Washington spend more money. People who do though, have no excuse not to avail themselves to this most excellent method of proving that one isn't a gigantic hypocrite.

And I'm not willing to tar Republicans with the same brush to the same extent I will Democrats. They've recently offered up budgets, offered up plans to deal with the deficit and to reform entitlements, and while I might not strictly agree with those plans... at least they've put them out there. Democrats have offered bupkis.

• Banned

Not as far as I'm concerned. I'm not recommending that Washington spend more money. People who do though, have no excuse not to avail themselves to this most excellent method of proving that one isn't a gigantic hypocrite.

And I'm not willing to tar Republicans with the same brush to the same extent I will Democrats. They've recently offered up budgets, offered up plans to deal with the deficit and to reform entitlements, and while I might not strictly agree with those plans... at least they've put them out there. Democrats have offered bupkis.

You didn't see me recommend more spending. I said that knife cuts both ways. Republicans as well as Democrats can put their money where their mouths are.

You didn't see me recommend more spending. I said that knife cuts both ways. Republicans as well as Democrats can put their money where their mouths are.

It doesn't add up very well that way. So we'll keep pushing to raise the taxes on the wealthiest instead.

Forum List

Back