House passes keystone pipeline construction

Passed it huh?

Strange that Nebraska just a few days ago agreed to review a new route and begin permitting after that.

I guess congress passed the Nebraska part Carte Blanc?

Passed it huh?

Strange that Nebraska just a few days ago agreed to review a new route and begin permitting after that.

I guess congress passed the Nebraska part Carte Blanc?

ONLY if Buffett and OBAMA allow it...as Buffett is against it seeing as in cuts into his Railroad and LOST revenue on the Burlingto Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF).

AH! The PLOT thickens...doesn't it?

And this being a election year it will probably die in the Senate as Harry Reid will not want to piss of the Obamas environmental base.

We will see
It also has to get past Obama

I guess I have to ask the question, if this was going to be such a big job creator, why does the Congress need to pass a bill to fund it?

It's not like the poor oil companies are pleading poverty.

There not funding it as I can find

That federal approval is necessary because the pipeline, which will originate in Alberta, Canada, must cross the border for oil to reach gulf coast refineries.

Read more: TransCanada submits new Keystone XL pipeline plan | Fox News

You mean Reids Senate may finally pass a bill sent by the House??

WOW break out the band.

WOW break out the band.

Then BHO has to sign it
Allot of that oil will go over seas
The reason is the tar/sands is a low grade product
Additional jobs at all ends of this thing as well as some addition to the supply here

People do not realize that oil is a product that is traded world wide with brent trading 25.00 higher than west Texas crude

WOW break out the band.

Then BHO has to sign it
Allot of that oil will go over seas
The reason is the tar/sands is a low grade product
Additional jobs at all ends of this thing as well as some addition to the supply here

People do not realize that oil is a product that is traded world wide with brent trading 25.00 higher than west Texas crude

I'd like to see him veto it like he said he would.

I guess I have to ask the question, if this was going to be such a big job creator, why does the Congress need to pass a bill to fund it?

regulation is the reason why. It's international and with the regulations we are at the mercy of congress and the prez to get something done. Never fear environmentalists will bitch about the habitat of the sandafluke stinkbug and democrats will make up reasons to shut it down.

as Buffett is against it seeing as in cuts into his Railroad and LOST revenue on the Burlingto Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF).

What's wrong with a private citizen being opposed to something against his business interests?

Nothing
My issue with buffet is the way he is seen as the lefts hero when he is a ruthless Hedge fund owner who stuck his nose where is did not belong with the tax issue

Most people think Buffet was talking apples and apples with his the amount of tax he pays
One is income
One is capital gains, and the only thing they have to do with each other is that most wealth used to invest in capital gains has been taxed once, not the profits made from the (IF profit is made) but the wealth used to invest in
Buying a house is what this country needs more than anything right now and to sell that home making profit
Punishing those who would risk that investment would be stupid

Last edited:

Good question I feel the same way about green energy see Solyndra if that is the wave of the future and is going to be the big job creator and money maker it's passed of as then it should not need Government money just private investors.

Last edited:

Good question I feel the same way about green energy see Solyndra if that is the wave of the future and is going to be the big job creator and money maker it's passed of as then it should not need Government money just private investors.

There is no monies allocated for the pipe-line
it will be all privately funded. the only reason the federal govt (congress and the President) is getting involved is because the pipe-line will cross the Canadian border
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6tmPBQ&usg=AFQjCNGG1E2Q0bKaU3QbFVwKrBhtyMwKMw
That federal approval is necessary because the pipeline, which will originate in Alberta, Canada, must cross the border for oil to reach gulf coast refineries.

Forum List

Back