House passes 'don't ask, don't tell' repeal

Uh yeah, LOL.

This nation is in it's death throws. When men are left with nothing to lose and the line between the have and the have nots is never greater then blood is what you'll recieve. You can't vote your way out of this anymore than you can deny the nature of the human species. There is no bailout, no piece of moronic legislation that will save us. Ironically, in many ways the french revolution mimicks our current situation. Save your denial for the soap box because ultimately this nation state is headed for destruction and I hope you're prepared for that outcome because if you're not then stay the hell out of the way of real men.

Appreciate the sentiment, but we're hardly on our last legs.

We CAN still turn the deficit/debt around....we just need SANE, TRULY FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE conservative policy......

I admire your optimism as treasury futures are on the edge of being downgraded, but I digress. What I believe is inevitable isn't shared by many, but can be demonstrated historically.
Last legs no, hardly, but on our way and I see no will whatsoever by those truly in power to reverse the course.

Aey don't get me wrong, I know we're a nation founded on violent revolution, and I would join that if I saw a government REALLY start going the way of Hitler, China, etc.

None of my freedoms have been violated yet, and I believe that the Tea Party can turn things around. The economy is recovering, tho slowly.

I love this nation too much to ever possibly fathom a world without it. We saved the world twice, our style of government, culture, relative tolerance, history, charitable streak, sense of honor, duty, etc are solely unique, can't be matched, or duplicated.

The U.S. is one of God's greatest gifts to the world, ever. So believe me, I believe that to save this republic, EVERYTHING truly is on the table.

You seem well balanced, and honest but I have to suggest to you that our freedoms are being violated on a daily basis. Not on the scale of the pariah state of China but on many other levels. I find this intolerable, and it my disgust transcends party lines, unfortunately, it's the democraps that are doing most of the violating right now. Anyway, I'll step down from my soap box.

I still havent seen any good answer to my question. doesnt really matter to me whether it passes or fails because i dont think its an important issue. But if they repeal this law, are they replacing it with something else? Or is it simply going to revert back to the pre 1993 policy?

I am not sure how reverting back would help their cause but ive heard absolutely nothing about a new policy.

my understanding is they aren't just repealing it, but are going to allow gays to serve openly as well

the issue is important to the homosexuals who have been discharged simply because they are homosexual

R.C. Christian wrote:

You seem well balanced, and honest
Thanks, I am.

but I have to suggest to you that our freedoms are being violated on a daily basis. Not on the scale of the pariah state of China but on many other levels. I find this intolerable, and it my disgust transcends party lines, unfortunately, it's the democraps that are doing most of the violating right now. Anyway, I'll step down from my soap box.
Dually noted.

Washington (CNN) -- The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to overturn the ban on openly gay and lesbian soldiers serving in the U.S. military, passing legislation repealing the controversial "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

The bill -- a so-called "stand alone" measure not tied to any other legislative items -- passed 250 to 175 on mostly partisan lines. It now advances to the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/...ex.html?hpt=T2

too bad the cowards can't do that with the bill about the 9/11 responders

beware....gays are serving next to you.....oh wait, they already have been

:clap2:

they won't do the 9/11 responders bill b/c the repubs want to amend it to make it about immigration.

very sad. they can't stand giving NY money.

Well stated. The fact is this is a democratic agenda and they're trying to get all the votes they can before their scumbags in the house leave D.C. for good.

Well, I doubt our economy is going to last another 10 years going the way it is, good luck seeing how the higher-ups turn out. Hint: French Revolution

Neighbor, a french revolution can't come soon enough to this country.

Well, if it does, I will be sure to be around, although it would be my luck to be in the one spot I can't help at all lol.

Of course, this is much more important than dealing with things such as a sound tax policy and properly funding the government.

I think this bill has had way too much attention, I mean it is very important, but I would hope fixing our economy, and saving ourselves from debt, and protecting our country against economic destruction would be just a little bit higher.

Not aimed at OP or anyone really, just a rant.

Oh I'm sure that whites kinda felt the same way about the Civil Rights Bill.

Government sanctioned bigotry rates pretty high to me.

Washington (CNN) -- The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to overturn the ban on openly gay and lesbian soldiers serving in the U.S. military, passing legislation repealing the controversial "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

The bill -- a so-called "stand alone" measure not tied to any other legislative items -- passed 250 to 175 on mostly partisan lines. It now advances to the Senate.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/...ex.html?hpt=T2

too bad the cowards can't do that with the bill about the 9/11 responders

beware....gays are serving next to you.....oh wait, they already have been

Good.

I think this bill has had way too much attention, I mean it is very important, but I would hope fixing our economy, and saving ourselves from debt, and protecting our country against economic destruction would be just a little bit higher.

Bigotry? Don't ask Don't tell seems pretty simple to me, am I a bigot cause I do not care to know if your gay or straight?

Ok, I'll say this: I believe that our economy is much more important then whether or not you can tell others your gay in the US Military. I do not believe the latter should be ignored, far from it, but what is the point of the latter if the country goes up in flames in a decade?

I take it you prefer individual bigotry?

Forum List

Back