House Passes Bill

I think it's a miracle or something!

It is indeed; and nothing about abortion – will wonders never cease.

-ObamaCare was the plan put up by Dole and others as an alternative to HillaryCare and used by Romney in Massachuttes. The only difference was Romney didn't have to raise taxes because Dukakis had already done that. It was also endorsed by the Heritage Foundation.

-The Stimulus amount was determined by Republicans.

-They were included in every piece of legislation.

-They were wined and dined at the White House.

And they still filibustered.

There you go again with your facts…

It is good news then, yes?

Yes, it is good news – better news would be the House addressing the issue of jobs.

Well we can buy more copper from Africa,transfer more wealth to corruption worse than our own,or use what we have here,copper is an important mineral,its used in many things and its expensive.

Arizona is the leading producer of copper in the United States, responsible for 65% of total U.S. mine production.

There are two basic types of copper mines: underground mines and surface mines. The method used for a particular mine will depend primarily on the distance of the ore body from the surface,
Arizona Copper Mining

Again, I'm all for jobs in Arizona and there is no doubt that copper mining in Arizona would bring jobs , if one cared to look at the history, copper has been mined here since as far back as the 1500's. My main concern as it would be for everyone in the state is that they don't leave these open pit mines abandoned like there are many all over the state.

00195.jpg

You can still see all the copper in this abandoned pit mine in Pinal County, so that begs the question, how many of these are able to produce still?

THe house has been very busy passing bills. It is the Senate which is sitting on its hands.

Yeah. Passing nonsense bills on abortion, naming stuff, repealing ObamaCare and a balance budget amendment.

Nothing really relevent.

lol a balanced Budget amendment is not really Relevant.

To rich.

Today they passed part of Obama's Job's Bill. Funny thing is they passed the same repeal of a tax a couple weeks ago and it never came up for a vote in the Senate because it didn't have Obama's name on it.

So much for America Needing help "now"

Arizona is the leading producer of copper in the United States, responsible for 65% of total U.S. mine production.

There are two basic types of copper mines: underground mines and surface mines. The method used for a particular mine will depend primarily on the distance of the ore body from the surface,
Arizona Copper Mining

Again, I'm all for jobs in Arizona and there is no doubt that copper mining in Arizona would bring jobs , if one cared to look at the history, copper has been mined here since as far back as the 1500's. My main concern as it would be for everyone in the state is that they don't leave these open pit mines abandoned like there are many all over the state.

00195.jpg

You can still see all the copper in this abandoned pit mine in Pinal County, so that begs the question, how many of these are able to produce still?

Dangit ... another pretty picture. I know I'm supposed to think that's hideous, but it's so beautiful.

Arizona Copper Mining

00195.jpg

Dangit ... another pretty picture. I know I'm supposed to think that's hideous, but it's so beautiful.

It's also just cool. I monument to what man can do with some heavy machinery and a lot of time.

What your both seeing is the copper in the side if the hill, you know how copper turns green when exposed over time, well there you have it. My point is why not do a study on these abandoned mines and see if they can be brought back into production rather than making more of these "holes". Some of these mines were abandoned not because they did not have enough copper, but because when the bottom dropped out of copper, they were shut down.

Freeport-McMoRan spokesman Ken Vaughn said the company has considered restarting Bisbee several times in the past three decades and is taking another serious look at it.

"We're conducting a feasibility study and could make a decision this year," he said.

Another mine the company is looking to reopen is in Miami, about 60 miles east of Phoenix. Phelps Dodge closed its open-pit mine there in 2001 when copper prices tumbled. The company has continued to operate and expand its smelter and copper-rod plant in Miami which now employ a combined 600 people. Reopening the mine, which, in the 1930s, was the world's third-largest copper mine, could mean 200 to 300 new jobs to the formerly depressed area that is seeing a resurgence of mining activity.

Australia's BHP Billiton is reopening its Pinto Valley Mine west of Miami and nearby, Quadra Mining Ltd. of Vancouver, is investing $200 million to develop a new copper mine called the Carlota. Combined, the mines would create 600 permanent mining jobs and as many as 1,000 temporary construction positions.
High prices for metals prompt reopening of long-closed pits

This is an article from 2007 and reopening these mines is not uncommon, so again, because copper is such an up and down industry would it not be more prudent to look into that first before digging more of these open pits in the Arizona landscape?

THe house has been very busy passing bills. It is the Senate which is sitting on its hands.

Yeah. Passing nonsense bills on abortion, naming stuff, repealing ObamaCare and a balance budget amendment.

Nothing really relevent.

lol a balanced Budget amendment is not really Relevant.

To rich.

Today they passed part of Obama's Job's Bill. Funny thing is they passed the same repeal of a tax a couple weeks ago and it never came up for a vote in the Senate because it didn't have Obama's name on it.

So much for America Needing help "now"

It would be ridiculous to pass such an amendment. Entirely so.

Forum List

Back