House Passes Bill

No way will Harry Reid pass this bill, it'll never even come up for a vote. You think they'll take a chance on pissing off the environmentalists with an election coming up?

Talking about a miracle, get back to me when the Senate passes something, hell anything.

No way will Harry Reid pass this bill, it'll never even come up for a vote. You think they'll take a chance on pissing off the environmentalists with an election coming up?

Talking about a miracle, get back to me when the Senate passes something, hell anything.

I know. The national copper shortage is daunting.

[/sarcasm]

the senate is being held hostage by the minority

Seems odd that this Senate cannot work with the minority party when other Senates in the past were able to do so and pass bipartisna bills. Maybe they shouldn't have treated the repubs like shit when they had the 60 votes.

Seems odd that this Senate cannot work with the minority party when other Senates in the past were able to do so and pass bipartisna bills. Maybe they shouldn't have treated the repubs like shit when they had the 60 votes.

Except they didn't.

-ObamaCare was the plan put up by Dole and others as an alternative to HillaryCare and used by Romney in Massachuttes. The only difference was Romney didn't have to raise taxes because Dukakis had already done that. It was also endorsed by the Heritage Foundation.

-The Stimulus amount was determined by Republicans.

-They were included in every piece of legislation.

-They were wined and dined at the White House.

And they still filibustered.

I know. The national copper shortage is daunting.

[/sarcasm]

WEll if you really knew what you were talking about you would be alarmed at the price of copper. Copper products like wire are driving up costs,what cost 7-8 bucks a foot 2 years ago now is in the 15 buck range,so ya its relevant.

Legislation to authorize the exchange of federal land for private land, a prerequisite for the mine, was introduced in 2005 but stalled in 2007, after then-Rep. Rick Renzi, R-Ariz., was accused of trying to pressure the company to buy unrelated property from his former business partner in exchange for his help on the deal. Renzi has pleaded not guilty to federal corruption charges.

Arizona Sens. Jon Kyl and John McCain, both Republicans, are longtime supporters of the mine development and helped Gosar craft his bill.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz., who blocked the project in the past Congress, said he remains opposed to the development because of concerns it will harm the environment and sacred tribal lands in the area. He also questioned how many jobs will be created at the highly automated mine and how much of its copper will benefit the United States rather than being exported to foreign nations.

Land swap for Arizona mine faces challenges

25.jpg

This has been an issue for a little while now, mining in Arizona has been as much apart of this states lore since its creation and even before that when Arizona used to be known by the 3C's Cotton, Copper, Citrus, and now that two of them are pretty much gone, as long as its done in a manner that sensitive to the environment then there should not be a large issue with it. Frankly I for one am surprised our Senators are actually doing something that on the surface might benefit the state besides taking trips to Pakistan and going down to the Senate Floor and grandstanding. If one cares to look right behind the good Sem from Nevada in poor ratings is our very own, I for one am quite happy that Sen. Kyl is about to retire and it could not come soon enough to suit me, it's a shame Sen. McCain cannot follow his lead. However, its good to see they finally remembered they represent our state.

It is good news then, yes? I know there were some ecological concerns, but it seems somebody somewhere always squeals, no matter what the instance at hand happens to be.

It is good news then, yes? I know there were some ecological concerns, but it seems somebody somewhere always squeals, no matter what the instance at hand happens to be.

BD, it's really a very pretty area and a pretty popular campground area as well, and I for one am very much of the opinion that one can be a good steward of the environment and at the same time have a successful business. The picture will give you some idea of the area they are talking about.

oak-flats_20Jul08_1995.jpg

BD, it's really a very pretty area and a pretty popular campground area as well, and I for one am very much of the opinion that one can be a good steward of the environment and at the same time have a successful business. The picture will give you some idea of the area they are talking about.

oak-flats_20Jul08_1995.jpg

Oooh! That looks more like here (MN) than AZ. Pretty. :)

BisbeeLavenderPit.jpg

Thats the Bisbee openpit coppermine, can tell you if they plan to mine like this, you will have many in Arizona who will have a problem with it.

Whaddya mean!......when you have a super majority.....it's the very BEST time to treat the minority like shit! :razz:

Forum List

Back