House passes bill stripping their own powers

I cannot believe Congress has done this. The Constitution states that the senate must approve the presidential appointments of each administration. This has been the way it has been since the conception of the Constitution. And when we have the most imperialistic president in history, they give him the right to select whom ever he chooses without going through the senate for approval? Mindboggling! :mad:

1. The Framers of the Constitution did not give the President the kingly power to appoint the senior officers of the government by himself. Instead, they allowed the President to name an individual for a senior office, but then required the President to obtain the Senate’s consent before appointing the individual to office. Thus, they required the cooperation of the President and the Senate to put someone in high office.

2. Now, as soon as President Obama adds his signature to the bill, the checks and balances established by our Founding Fathers as a protection against tyranny will be eliminated, as well as the concept of enumerated powers.

3. In light of this impending imbalance, it must be inquired as to what could compel Congress to legislate away its own power? Why would so many representatives in the Senate and the House willingly abolish their role as bulwark against executive despotism?
Arguably, the answer is a desire to reduce its workload and improve the efficiency of government.

4. To the minds of many, however, t. As the Heritage Foundation he trade of rightful power for a more streamlined appointment process is a ripoffsays:

The Congress should not reduce the number of Senate-confirmed appointments as a means of dealing with its cumbersome and inefficient internal process for considering nominations. Doing so gives away Senate influence over a number of significant appointments, does nothing to improve the Senate process, and still leaves nominees whose offices require nominations mired in the Senate process. The proper solution to the problem of a slow Senate is to speed up the Senate rather than to diminish the role of the Senate. The Senate should look inward and streamline its internal procedures for considering all nominations. The proper solution also is the faster one, as the Senate can accomplish the solution by acting on its own in the exercise of its power to make Senate rules, while S. 679 requires approval by both Houses of Congress
House Passes Bill Eliminating Senate Approval of Presidential Appointments

So the senate works too hard? Since when?

A republican controlled HOR approved this bill?

I cannot believe Congress has done this. The Constitution states that the senate must approve the presidential appointments of each administration. This has been the way it has been since the conception of the Constitution. And when we have the most imperialistic president in history, they give him the right to select whom ever he chooses without going through the senate for approval? Mindboggling! :mad:

1. The Framers of the Constitution did not give the President the kingly power to appoint the senior officers of the government by himself. Instead, they allowed the President to name an individual for a senior office, but then required the President to obtain the Senate’s consent before appointing the individual to office. Thus, they required the cooperation of the President and the Senate to put someone in high office.

2. Now, as soon as President Obama adds his signature to the bill, the checks and balances established by our Founding Fathers as a protection against tyranny will be eliminated, as well as the concept of enumerated powers.

3. In light of this impending imbalance, it must be inquired as to what could compel Congress to legislate away its own power? Why would so many representatives in the Senate and the House willingly abolish their role as bulwark against executive despotism?
Arguably, the answer is a desire to reduce its workload and improve the efficiency of government.

4. To the minds of many, however, t. As the Heritage Foundation he trade of rightful power for a more streamlined appointment process is a ripoffsays:

The Congress should not reduce the number of Senate-confirmed appointments as a means of dealing with its cumbersome and inefficient internal process for considering nominations. Doing so gives away Senate influence over a number of significant appointments, does nothing to improve the Senate process, and still leaves nominees whose offices require nominations mired in the Senate process. The proper solution to the problem of a slow Senate is to speed up the Senate rather than to diminish the role of the Senate. The Senate should look inward and streamline its internal procedures for considering all nominations. The proper solution also is the faster one, as the Senate can accomplish the solution by acting on its own in the exercise of its power to make Senate rules, while S. 679 requires approval by both Houses of Congress
House Passes Bill Eliminating Senate Approval of Presidential Appointments

So the senate works too hard? Since when?

A republican controlled HOR approved this bill?

Yes but only 95 Republicans voted for it's passage.

Here's an idea! Let's read the Constitution!

Specifically, Article 2, Section 2:

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Next!

Last edited:
Was it modified in the house and needs to go thru the senate again?
I don't know but this is a common thing.

Lee is a liberty candidate and voted no Paul,Rubio,Demint are tea party folks and voted no. Both my senators voted no on it.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll537.xml

Wish I could say both of mine did, but I have Bill Nelson to contend with

He's in a tough race ain't he?

Yea, there's a few big hitters going after him

I'm prob going with Connie Mack IV

Was it modified in the house and needs to go thru the senate again?
I don't know but this is a common thing.

I checked out the amendments.

No biggies.

I think it passed so easily just because they're such minor appointments.
I saw one amendment that wanted to allow Sec of Treas to be one to pass w/o confirmation, but it was killed.

Oh, we're way to far gone to come back, the Collective has won. It's time to pack the trucks and head for the hills, IMHO.
Ya reckon :confused::eusa_shhh::cool:

I think a better choice would be to contact Hairy(Rambo)Dresdead and follow his instructions to a "T".Make sure and chant "Gawd blass murka" on a regular basis.

Attachments

• $bhouz.jpg
    $bhouz.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 55
We are talking about the Republican controlled house here now aren't we?
with all those new Tea Party members?
Damn those GOP statists! :D

I will repeat again only 95 republicans voted for passage and all the democrats. So it really doesn't matter that the house is controlled by republicans when you have 95 idiots with 165 other morons you will get passage of bullshit.

Forum List

Back