House passes bill overturning Obamacare

The libbies have a different term for those who join in a republican sponsored bi partisan bill:

Traitors.

What do you mean a waste of time?...It's not like they had anything important to vote on, like a budget.

They spend a LOT of time on vacation and not in session. When they finally ARE in session, they should be doing the work of the people instead of the supercilious silliness they engage in just to uselessly pass a bill they KNOW is not going anywhere simply in an effort to position themselves for election despite the fact that everyone and his brother knows exactly where they stand on the issue of Obamacare.

Like I said, it was a monumental waste of time on MY dime.

The people need to know where their representatives stand on this job killing bill. The only way they can know is to see how they vote.

What a load of bull...in more than one respect. First of all, where's the evidence that Obamacare will kill jobs? More people will be eligible for health care, and that can only increase the number of people who can get work in every part of the health care delivery field. Secondly, everyone knows where people stand on the issue. It's not a mystery. They're just running around without getting anything meaningful done. It would be like going to a construction job site and watching everyone walking to and fro but not carrying any supplies or tools because they're not doing any real work; they just LOOK busy.

Last edited:
From the House Republican Conference and House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) to U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donahue, congressional Republicans and their conservative allies have touted 27 measures passed by the House of Representatives that they claim are "bipartisan jobs bills awaiting Senate action." But the bills are mostly highly partisan attempts to slash regulations that protect, among other things, public health, consumer rights, workplace safety and the environment. The GOP has also dishonestly included in its count a few viable measures with popular bipartisan support; one of these is being held up in the Senate by a Republican, and the others have been placed on the Senate calendar.

More: The 27 Republican Bills That Aren't About Jobs | Political Correction

Yeah, the wingnuts are fixated on jobs - which is why they're ignoring them...
That's why asswipe Harry Reid has no fewer than a dozen bills that already passed the HoR, that he refuses to even allow even to be debated, huh?

Blind hacks.

Oh...NOW that matters, huh? I'll bet you were bitching about all the bills Nancy Pelosi's House put out that never got heard or were filibustered by the GOP, right? :lol:
Remind us all what the Senate votes on Boiking's proposed budgets were again?

G'head and Google it....We have time....You can tell us.

Blind hack.

This irritates me. I completely support the repeal of the health care law. But this is nothing but a waste of time. They've done this some 33 times in the past 18 months. That's once every two weeks. You think we need the reminder of where everyone's vote stands on this?

If the House GOP were actually serious about trying to get this law repealed, I'd welcome seeing the battle unfold and watch as they attach the repeal to the budget, or something like that. For all the complaints about the Democrats not passing a budget when they controlled the House, where's the GOP budget? We are starting to get short on time, ya know. I'd rather see a government shutdown loom over the fact that the GOP is willing to play hardball by attaching a repeal to the budget bill, than see one loom because the GOP is playing pussy-foot and wasting time.

The Boehner House has voted 33 TIMES to repeal Obamacare.

einstein.gif

This irritates me. I completely support the repeal of the health care law. But this is nothing but a waste of time. They've done this some 33 times in the past 18 months. That's once every two weeks. You think we need the reminder of where everyone's vote stands on this?
So what?

What has irritated me about the GOP for the last several decades is that they bring this or that up for a vote (ending corporate welfare back in the '90s is a good example), lose that vote, then throw up their hands and meekly mewl "well, we tried", then go back to being cheap imitations of democratics.

'Bout time they persisted at something, for a change.

Yeah, the wingnuts are fixated on jobs - which is why they're ignoring them...
That's why asswipe Harry Reid has no fewer than a dozen bills that already passed the HoR, that he refuses to even allow even to be debated, huh?

Blind hacks.

Duh, what about Obama's jobs bill - the American Jobs Act? The House jobs bills are mostly bullshit to reduce government regulations.

The one that your (D)-controlled Senate shot down?

That one?

:eusa_hand:

This bill will never see a vote in the Senate, and when that happens it needs to be made VERY public that they didn't care to put it up.

Then we'll see what happens in November..
:thup:

So what?

What has irritated me about the GOP for the last several decades is that they bring this or that up for a vote (ending corporate welfare back in the '90s is a good example), lose that vote, then throw up their hands and meekly mewl "well, we tried", then go back to being cheap imitations of democratics.

The Democrats do the same thing. But anyway, just what are they persisting at here? I don't see them as persisting at anything. They're not even making a real attempt to get the law repealed. This is political grandstanding for benefit of election year politics, and that's about it. They need to actually get serious about repealing the law, or just admit that they don't really care and are just trying to swindle the voters.

If the House GOP were actually serious about trying to get this law repealed, I'd welcome seeing the battle unfold and watch as they attach the repeal to the budget, or something like that. For all the complaints about the Democrats not passing a budget when they controlled the House, where's the GOP budget? We are starting to get short on time, ya know. I'd rather see a government shutdown loom over the fact that the GOP is willing to play hardball by attaching a repeal to the budget bill, than see one loom because the GOP is playing pussy-foot and wasting time.

Does this answer your question?

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The House of Representatives passed the FY2013 Budget Bill, Thursday, on largely partisan lines. The bill was proposed by Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI), Chairman of the House Budget Committee.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In a stunning backtrack that virtually guarantees Congress for the third year will be unable to produce a budget, Senate Democrats’ top budget writer Tuesday canceled this week’s expected votes on a 2013 fiscal blueprint.

So what?

The Democrats do the same thing. But anyway, just what are they persisting at here? I don't see them as persisting at anything. They're not even making a real attempt to get the law repealed. This is political grandstanding for benefit of election year politics, and that's about it. They need to actually get serious about repealing the law, or just admit that they don't really care and are just trying to swindle the voters.
Democratics do the same thing?...That's your only comeback?

Democratics don't do any election year grandstanding in the halls of congress?

Really?

Other than the fact the law doesn't do that?

That's exactly what the law does, making the IRS the collection arm of Kaiser and Blue Cross - forcing every American to buy their product. This law is the very definition of fascism.

{Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/benito_mussolini.html#Z6YyuiVc3g3v6B2u.99}

Forum List

Back