House passes bill overturning Obamacare

hc-pre_condition-corps.jpg

House votes to repeal Obama healthcare law, again | Reuters

Good news for the public at large for this nation.

It does three things.

1. Puts everyone on record in an election year.
2. Makes this a massive wedge issue.
3. Puts pressure on Obama on making a decision to keep it against the popular will or get rid of it which will end a weapon that can be used against him and his supporters in congress.

Looks like a lot of democratics in districts that aren't blood-shooting-out-the-eyes liberoidal are in save-my-ass mode.

The vote Wednesday was 244-185. By the Republican count, it was the 33rd time in 18 months that the tea party-infused GOP majority has tried to scrap, defund or scale back the law since grabbing the majority.

The Associated Press: GOP-controlled House votes to repeal health law

from your link.
Polls show public reaction to the law has been consistently negative. Republicans say voters in November will have the final say.

democrats just ignore that one little fact.

It does three things.

3. Puts pressure on Obama on making a decision to keep it against the popular will or get rid of it which will end a weapon that can be used against him and his supporters in congress.

It was a monumental waste of time. If there were no real issues that needed addressing, it wouldn't matter. But as things now stand, there's important work that needs to be done, and they're screwing around on MY dime.

GOP to the uninsured: Drop dead

The Republican message to uninsured Americans in the wake of the Supreme Court’s recent ruling couldn’t be clearer: You’re on your own.

The party may not have officially adopted the “let him die” policy of right-wing hecklers at that CNN primary debate, when Ron Paul was asked what should be done when an uninsured man shows up at the hospital. But as a practical matter, Republicans are in pretty unsavory territory. What other conclusion can we draw when Rick Perry, who presides over a state where one in four people lack health coverage, makes swaggering indifference to these Texans’ plight a point of sovereign pride?

It does three things.

It was a monumental waste of time. If there were no real issues that needed addressing, it wouldn't matter. But as things now stand, there's important work that needs to be done, and they're screwing around on MY dime.
What do you mean a waste of time?...It's not like they had anything important to vote on, like a budget.

hmm

well the House was the easy hurdle, no bribes needed to take it out and not enough bribes to go around to save it.

Congress will waste billions bribing dems to vote to keep it, not as much as they spent to pass it, but enough to show the public that they think money is endless.

Good. When this goes to the Senate then people pick their side and it will have a big factor on who gets voted out.

As I said before, Obamacare being upheld was the worst thing that could have happened. People that got their way now have no major reason to show up and vote while the majority that wants this unconstitutional law repealed has even more reason to show up and vote... It's just the way things work.

It does three things.

What do you mean a waste of time?...It's not like they had anything important to vote on, like a budget.

They spend a LOT of time on vacation and not in session. When they finally ARE in session, they should be doing the work of the people instead of the supercilious silliness they engage in just to uselessly pass a bill they KNOW is not going anywhere simply in an effort to position themselves for election despite the fact that everyone and his brother knows exactly where they stand on the issue of Obamacare.

Like I said, it was a monumental waste of time on MY dime.

They spend a LOT of time on vacation and not in session. When they finally ARE in session, they should be doing the work of the people instead of the supercilious silliness they engage in just to uselessly pass a bill they KNOW is not going anywhere simply in an effort to position themselves for election despite the fact that everyone and his brother knows exactly where they stand on the issue of Obamacare.

Like I said, it was a monumental waste of time on MY dime.
Then maybe you can 'splain why there hasn't been a budget in over three years to vote on....Y'know, important stuff.

Your faux indignation duly noted.

Isn't this the 33rd time the House has voted to repeal?

"Jobs. Jobs. Jobs." or not.

Yeah, the wingnuts are fixated on jobs - which is why they're ignoring them...
That's why asswipe Harry Reid has no fewer than a dozen bills that already passed the HoR, that he refuses to even allow even to be debated, huh?

Blind hacks.

Duh, what about Obama's jobs bill - the American Jobs Act? The House jobs bills are mostly bullshit to reduce government regulations.

Forum List

Back