House Passes Auditing the Fed

Democrats will not allow it to go anywhere in the Senate, even though a large number of them supported it in the House.

No way will Dingy harry Reid let it slide. He's building up an arsenal of shelved legislation to help Obama 'Blame it all on the other side'

Dems in the Senate, led by Reid, will hold this up for as long as possible. Clear case of screwing the taxpayer.

Clear case of obstructionism they are pointing the fingers at others for doing.

You have to question this when Paul has never gotten a bill to pass the House, and all the sudden he gets overwhelming support for a bill attempting to achieve something that has been fought hard against for decades.

The obvious answer is they KNOW it won't pass and this is nothing more than theater.

You're crazy if you think the establishment on either side would ever let Paul have this victory, of all the victories he could have.

Further down in the article, and true to form????

The bill stands no chance of becoming law because the Democratic-controlled Senate will not take it up.

of course

But somehow, someway, the Libs on this board will find a way to blame Republicans.

Speaking of Harry Reid, here he is in 1995 talking about sponsoring legislation to audit the Fed...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1u3yDjhN4]Harry Reid's ULTIMATE FLIP-FLOP Passionate Speech Pleading for an Audit of The Federal Reserve - YouTube[/ame]

House passes Ron Paul bill on auditing Fed

The U.S. House overwhelmingly approved a bill by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, that would expand congressional authority to oversee deliberations at the Federal Reserve.
The vote was 327-98.

:clap2:

A very bad idea.

As bad as the Fed has been - and they've been bad - they'd be many times worse with dumbass politicians trying to run monetary policy.

I have no idea why conservatives and libertarians think this is a good idea.

The U.S. House overwhelmingly approved a bill by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, that would expand congressional authority to oversee deliberations at the Federal Reserve.
The vote was 327-98.

:clap2:

A very bad idea.

As bad as the Fed has been - and they've been bad - they'd be many times worse with dumbass politicians trying to run monetary policy.

We're not saying that at all, we're saying we want transparency so they can't get away with this anymore.

I think the idea is that if we're going to have centralized, authoritarian control over our lives - it ought to come under the auspices of democratic government. It's sort of like the reason why it's wrong to grant insurance companies control over our health care. The government shouldn't be in the business of granting fiefdoms to private companies.

Forum List

Back