House Passes Auditing the Fed

...with Dingy Harry Reid and The Senate. Like all other Bills that come from the House led by Republicans.

Is it a fait a complis by Reid's actions of late and a myriad of legislation Reid has let languish and die an easy call to make?

Congratulations Congressman Paul. About time this passed...and far too long coming...

Ron Paul‘s ’Audit the Fed’ Bill Easily Passes the House 327-98

Further down in the article, and true to form????

The bill stands no chance of becoming law because the Democratic-controlled Senate will not take it up.

of course

House passes Ron Paul bill on auditing Fed

The U.S. House overwhelmingly approved a bill by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, that would expand congressional authority to oversee deliberations at the Federal Reserve.
The vote was 327-98.

:clap2:

YOU were 1 minute ahead of me in posting this...well done.
icon14.gif

The U.S. House overwhelmingly approved a bill by Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, that would expand congressional authority to oversee deliberations at the Federal Reserve.
The vote was 327-98.

:clap2:

YOU were 1 minute ahead of me in posting this...well done.
icon14.gif

What's even creepier is how fast a Mod was to Merge them
:eusa_shifty:

I saw that...like Chain Lightning...:eusa_shifty::eusa_angel:

The Fed should be free and clear from politics. I'd have to look at the finer points of the bill, but I'm worried this would lead to politicizing the Fed.

The Fed should be free and clear from politics. I'd have to look at the finer points of the bill, but I'm worried this would lead to politicizing the Fed.

It SHOULD be, yes.

But is it??

How can we know for sure without an Audit?

Any and every other bank in the country has to answer to authority.
Why not the Fed?

WOW! I think this is the first bill submitted by Ron Paul to ever pass.
Also from my linked article
;)
The vote served as a symbolic swan song for Paul, who is not seeking re-election.

Exactly. It's a gutted version of what he's been fighting for, for years.

Here's staunch progressive Grayson slamming the fed spokesman in support of Paul's audit the fed bill (which he co-signed)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1h2c3Hkf7o]Alan Grayson HR1207 hearing "Has the Federal Reserve Ever Tried to Manipulate the Stock Market " - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Protecting/auditing the fed is truly a bipartisan issue, both parties are split on the issue. The history of attempts to bring a measure of transparency has always faced opposition from the party bosses.

I actually support this bill, and think the Senate should pass it.

I'm with you all on this one.

The only thing I'd be worried about is that Congress is often rendered useless by partisanship, and might try to use manipulation of the fed for political purposes, if given control of it.

Any politician who votes against this bill is thus voting against transparency and that should be a red flag for all of their constituents. This is a litmus test if I have ever seen one for political integrity.
If the big banks own the politician they will vote no, if the people own the politician they will vote yes.
That simple.

Forum List

Back