House Passes 1.1 Trillion With 5,000 Earmarks? Say it Ain't So

completely bogus. thats not even close to reality.

No, that chart is actually pretty accurate. Earmark spending really is a very small percentage of the Federal budget, usually between one to two percent. Defenders of the status quo will use that small percentage as a justification that it is perfectly okay to do. Of course, when you're talking about a budget of $3 trillion, one or two percent is a hell of a lot of money and the bottom line is whether it's a lot or not, there is no excuse for wasting it when we already have insurmountable debt to pay off.

One of the most ignorant posts I have ever read. Thank you for taking the ignorant posts to a new height. :lol:

I must know you from another board?

Or are you just a natural asshole?

You don't know me from anywhere else, UScitizen....but I see you don't take criticism very well.
Just don't post ignorant posts as you did with that one, and I won't call you on it.

I see the the it is not my fault it is the government's fault all the time.
Strange from the party of personal responsibility.

The govt is just operating the same way many of us did during the boom. Leverage upon leverage.

bush-budget-2009.jpg

the CATO institute!....ouch.

do you have an actual cato institute link for that....your cartoon is from bartcop.com yet you're dishonestly trying to pass it as if its directly from cato....unless you have an actual link to cato, it is entirely possible it is false...

further, obama's stimulus didn't just add 4% to the 2009, that is a freakin lie, which is why i believe the cartoon is false and your misrepresentation is dishonest

With the economy in the state that it is, I just can't believe that Congress can't control themselves.

Why is it hard to believe? The American people won't hold them accountable for it so of course they're going to do it.

Most of the American people have no right to complain about govt spending, they have not done very well on managing their money either.

dumbest post of the month award....

usc hates the 1st amemdment....and guess what people, if you managed your finances badly this year usc wants to take away your right to free speech....

:cuckoo:

And no earmarks for Republicans in it?

Just what is an earmark anyway? Considering the stimulus plan most anything in there can be considered an earmark.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, UScitizen. Look up the definition yourself, I've done it plenty of times. But, in the economical environment we're facing, with increases in debt...this ain't the time for earmarks. Also, Obama campaigned against earmarks stuck in bills like this. I guess Congress didn't get the message.
No republicans voted for the bill, but if they had earmarks in it, they are no better than the democrats.

Obama promised that he would not sign any bills with earmarks and turned right around and signed the 410 billion dollar omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks in it. Bush had threatened to veto it because of all the earmarks, so the dems held it over for their guy to sign. Here we go again.

The only change you can beleive in is the pocket change you are gonna have left after this administration is through.

bush-budget-2009.jpg

the CATO institute!....ouch.

do you have an actual cato institute link for that....your cartoon is from bartcop.com yet you're dishonestly trying to pass it as if its directly from cato....unless you have an actual link to cato, it is entirely possible it is false...

further, obama's stimulus didn't just add 4% to the 2009, that is a freakin lie, which is why i believe the cartoon is false and your misrepresentation is dishonest

when god offered nookie a brain he asked why

I must know you from another board?

Or are you just a natural asshole?

You don't know me from anywhere else, UScitizen....but I see you don't take criticism very well.
Just don't post ignorant posts as you did with that one, and I won't call you on it.

I see the the it is not my fault it is the government's fault all the time.
Strange from the party of personal responsibility.

The govt is just operating the same way many of us did during the boom. Leverage upon leverage.

:lol::lol: You really don't have a clue, I'm truely sorry for that, UScitizen.

Most people don't even know what an "earmark" is. Republicans have demonized it so that people just assume it's "bad". Republicans are good at demonizing things. It's so much easier than offering solutions.

Republicans will say, "The solution is to cut spending" or "The solution is to drill baby drill". Those are not "solutions". They are "sound bytes".

For instance, the Republicans demonized a study that looks into the cause of the disappearing honeybees. To Republicans, honeybees are just insects that sting and so they should die. Oh these people. Their determined ignorance will be the death of us all.

Most people don't even know what an "earmark" is. Republicans have demonized it so that people just assume it's "bad". Republicans are good at demonizing things. It's so much easier than offering solutions.

Republicans will say, "The solution is to cut spending" or "The solution is to drill baby drill". Those are not "solutions". They are "sound bytes".

For instance, the Republicans demonized a study that looks into the cause of the disappearing honeybees. To Republicans, honeybees are just insects that sting and so they should die. Oh these people. Their determined ignorance will be the death of us all.

There are almost as many earmarks in this bill sponsored by repugnants as dunbocrats.
Both parties deserve to be demonized in a non-partisan way.

Are those the same bees that ended up with having a virus, or bacteria...those bees? Or are they the ones where cell phone towers where killing them? Get real

Are those the same bees that ended up with having a virus, or bacteria...those bees? Or are they the ones where cell phone towers where killing them? Get real

The new study of sick bees disclosed fragments of ribosomal RNA in their gut, an indication of damage to the ribosomes, which make proteins necessary for life, according to a study in Tuesday's issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

New clue found to disappearing honey bees - Science- msnbc.com

Thank you for proving my point "Meister" baitor. So, your next question is "Why are honeybees important?"

Republicans are like "children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

I almost wish I was a Republican. For them, everything is "simple". The questions are "simple". The answers are "simple". They speak "simpleton".

Last edited by a moderator:

The new study of sick bees disclosed fragments of ribosomal RNA in their gut, an indication of damage to the ribosomes, which make proteins necessary for life, according to a study in Tuesday's issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

New clue found to disappearing honey bees - Science- msnbc.com

Thank you for proving my point "Meister" baitor. Republicans are like "children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

If only I was a republican rdean. What I had stated was from the studies of their time, and you found one of this time, and there will be another one after this one. Your the one that got baited, typical far left democrat

I have a question and this is a respecful question for all those who voted for President Obama keeping in mind, I have a daughter who I am very proud of who voted for President Obama as well. During the campaign, President Obama brought many young people, and old and , those of color, together on the promise of change to Washington D.C. That change included, openness, getting rid of paid lobbyists, and yes earmarks or pork spending, just to name a few. All these things I will admit to you as a Republican held great appeal to me especially someone who has long thought the DoD was in dire need of all those things. However, all that said, do you think now that the house and senate have gone on a year long spending binge for everything, from turtle tunnels, studying mice and my personal favorite is the one in SC where they used Stimulus money to hire someone to locate more Stimulus money. Does all this and with the latest thing, and the things to come, square with all those campaign promises that so many thought would finally change Washington for the better? or do you think that congress, has basically ignored the Presidents campaign promises and used his election as an excuse to ram through everything they please? I have my thoughts on the matter, and as most of you know, I am one that will tell you point blank when I say congress I make no distinction between republican or democrat, past or present.

The answer... My way, or no way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifjRVLVjzA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifjRVLVjzA[/ame]

And no earmarks for Republicans in it?

Just what is an earmark anyway? Considering the stimulus plan most anything in there can be considered an earmark.

I'm not going to do your homework for you, UScitizen. Look up the definition yourself, I've done it plenty of times. But, in the economical environment we're facing, with increases in debt...this ain't the time for earmarks. Also, Obama campaigned against earmarks stuck in bills like this. I guess Congress didn't get the message.
No republicans voted for the bill, but if they had earmarks in it, they are no better than the democrats.

Obama promised that he would not sign any bills with earmarks and turned right around and signed the 410 billion dollar omnibus bill with 9,000 earmarks in it. Bush had threatened to veto it because of all the earmarks, so the dems held it over for their guy to sign. Here we go again.

The only change you can beleive in is the pocket change you are gonna have left after this administration is through.

bush has no idea what a veto is. bollocks.

How then he vetoed 12 bills?

Ame®icano;1802587 said:

How then he vetoed 12 bills?

first look up hyperbole.

then look up how many vetos his predecessors have excercised.... any of them... ever.

now you can come to grips with that kid not having a clue about veto power.

history is a neocon weak point; ignorance their strong point, what with the bliss and all.

i think its poor policy, the void of vetos in his first term and the puny 12-13 he laid out. mind you, sarge, he noted his disagreement with bills in writing several times, but did not uphold the obligation of the chief to check the legislature with a veto but these 12 instances.

there's your republican budget disaster: cut taxes, ignore spending.

I never made any claim that Bush was right in his spending. I have said many times he spent too much and did not admit that it was too much. That he was far from conservative. I've also said that what we need right now in Washington is fiscal conservatives. This drunken sailor spending has got to stop and stop soon.

Forum List

Back