House Passes 1.1 Trillion With 5,000 Earmarks? Say it Ain't So

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Meister, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Vast LWC

Vast LWC <-Mohammed

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +872
    You said, specifically:

"I can promise you that 3/4 of the Senators whoi voted for this legislation have no fucking clue what it is they have voted for".

Which is a statement that has been repeated many times, by many different people, on the right-wing side of the fence.

So, I want you to back up what you said. If you can't then you should not make assinine assumptions like this.

Or, perhaps you can explain what you were trying to convey. Be my guest, spin away.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  2. Vast LWC

Vast LWC <-Mohammed

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +872
    But it is enough time to prove both these statements to be completely false, which has been done.

This bill lowers the deficit, and in no way "takes over 6% of our economy".

Regulating takes money. One must pay regulators to do the regulating.

Apparently you haven't actually read any of the bill at all. You should really check it out for yourself, and stop repeating the right-wing talking points.

3. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,512
    Nice misdirection. But anyone with any unbiased sense knows that we have had nothing nut rushed through BS and bribery with this congress, but you go on and believe what you want. We understand that you cannot go against anything even remotely liberal. It's against your religion. And I don't make assumptions, the Bill was not out of committee long enough to be read and comprehended before it was voted on. Hence, they knew not what they voted for. No spin just simple unbiased fact.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,154
    The bill hadn't even been written when the voted on it. They voted on the concept of the bill.

5. antagon

antagon The Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    they voted on two concepts of the bill. even more bizaare. it was by xmas though.

6. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,302
    Isn't it true that senators and congressmen hire people to read through the bills? on BOTH sides of the fence?

7. SFC Ollie

SFC Ollie Still Marching

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,512
    Yes they all have aides which read different sections and write summaries, but there is little time for even that the way they have been rushing things. I still say there were very few if any Senators who could have told you everything that was in the bill or supposed to be in the bill when they voted for it.

8. antagon

antagon The Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +286
    no, nobody could recite pelosi's novel verbatim, but i wont come close to saying that senators particularly, even congressmen had a detailed grip on the issue at hand. particularly the centerist democrats. republicans and shoe-in liberals may have had theyre yeas and nays ready since last year.

there's plenty of time. lawyers and their offices plow through more in less time. these guys are no different, unless you apply the cynicism that mone of them give a shit or arent hard-working, whatsoever.