House panel votes to subpoena Kellyanne Conway

So..did she or didn't she..and does it really matter anymore..in this hyper-partisan era?

Seriously, you are asking whether or not seeing to it that government officials follow the law is worth pursuing? Because "partisan"?
Yup...this endless chasing the tail we engage in..trying to get the other side on some ridiculous law breaking, strikes me as counter-productive. How about this...we concede that all of Trump's officials are partisan--and leave it at that.

I would disband all of the hearing..all of the investigations--refer any suspected criminal activity to the Justice Dept.---and put together a comprehensive series of bills meant to reform...leaving all partisan bs...out of it.

Kelly's partisanship, while in poor taste, hurts nothing and no-one.

Roll out some legislation---and make everyone take a stand on the record. Everything from legalizing weed to a clear bill removing any exemptions the President currently enjoys from prosecution. Put out a bill that defines 'Executive Privilege'--let everyone take a stand..so the voters can decide!

Start the ball rolling on Congressional term limits--if it takes an amendment--start garnering siggies.

But no..instead let's decide if Kellyanne violated the Hatch Act.

Pretty much all political appointees are partisan. That's not so say there shall be no restraints on partisan activity on the taxpayers' dime while on a government payroll.

I don't see how your proposal makes sense, to be honest. Government oversight is one of the primary Congressional responsibilities. But you seem to suggest, lawbreaking by government officials shall remain without consequences. Then you move on to Congress making new laws, which will then magically be followed? Or has there to be Government Oversight to ensure the laws are actually followed?

All told, the most devastating aspect of the Trump administration is their utter contempt for the law and for Congress. The U.S. system is designed so as to ensure that the other branches reign that in because it would spell doom for the Republic if they did not. You seem cavalierly to dismiss all of that.

I also think Congressional term limits are a horrible idea, and it has nothing to do with Executive lawbreaking anyway.

So..did she or didn't she..and does it really matter anymore..in this hyper-partisan era?

Seriously, you are asking whether or not seeing to it that government officials follow the law is worth pursuing? Because "partisan"?
Yup...this endless chasing the tail we engage in..trying to get the other side on some ridiculous law breaking, strikes me as counter-productive. How about this...we concede that all of Trump's officials are partisan--and leave it at that.

I would disband all of the hearing..all of the investigations--refer any suspected criminal activity to the Justice Dept.---and put together a comprehensive series of bills meant to reform...leaving all partisan bs...out of it.

Kelly's partisanship, while in poor taste, hurts nothing and no-one.

Roll out some legislation---and make everyone take a stand on the record. Everything from legalizing weed to a clear bill removing any exemptions the President currently enjoys from prosecution. Put out a bill that defines 'Executive Privilege'--let everyone take a stand..so the voters can decide!

Start the ball rolling on Congressional term limits--if it takes an amendment--start garnering siggies.

But no..instead let's decide if Kellyanne violated the Hatch Act.

Pretty much all political appointees are partisan. That's not so say there shall be no restraints on partisan activity on the taxpayers' dime while on a government payroll.

I don't see how your proposal makes sense, to be honest. Government oversight is one of the primary Congressional responsibilities. But you seem to suggest, lawbreaking by government officials shall remain without consequences. Then you move on to Congress making new laws, which will then magically be followed? Or has there to be Government Oversight to ensure the laws are actually followed?

All told, the most devastating aspect of the Trump administration is their utter contempt for the law and for Congress. The U.S. system is designed so as to ensure that the other branches reign that in because it would spell doom for the Republic if they did not. You seem cavalierly to dismiss all of that.

I also think Congressional term limits are a horrible idea, and it has nothing to do with Executive lawbreaking anyway.

I think that there are limits..I do not think that the most important thing congress can do is rein in the President..I think that endless partisan hearings inure the public to the very thing you wish to prevent.

Lawbreaking by politicians will remain without consequence.....yup..I suspect that it will..i also suspect that this has been the norm from the beginning of our Republic.

There is a limit...you seem to think that unless every jot and tittle is followed...that the end is nigh. I don't believe that. Meanwhile...I see nothing of any consequence getting done.

Let's be real here..these hearings are not prompted by any high ethical dudgeon...it is just a partisan ploy.

Sorry about the term limits plug..was ranting on a bit.

I think that there are limits..I do not think that the most important thing congress can do is rein in the President..I think that endless partisan hearings inure the public to the very thing you wish to prevent.

Lawbreaking by politicians will remain without consequence.....yup..I suspect that it will..i also suspect that this has been the norm from the beginning of our Republic.

There is a limit...you seem to think that unless every jot and tittle is followed...that the end is nigh. I don't believe that. Meanwhile...I see nothing of any consequence getting done.

Let's be real here..these hearings are not prompted by any high ethical dudgeon...it is just a partisan ploy.

Sorry about the term limits plug..was ranting on a bit.

If - IF - it turns out, Congress is a push-over, the Republic is over and done with. There's nothing left of it other than an Executive off the leash - in other words, an autocracy.

That nothing gets done is not caused by hearings. A divided Congress and a monumentally inept man playing reality-tv-president, and dragging the country down into the gutter where he resides, is more like it.

But let's agree to disagree on that one, shall we? I am happy Conway will be made to answer for her multiple violations of the law, which is how it should be.

If her violations of the Hatch Act are anything like that first one where she made a quip about Ivanka's clothing line (IIRC), there is not a lot of need to pass the smelling salts, folks.

"The House Oversight Committee has voted to subpoena White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, after the Office of Special Counsel found she violated the law prohibiting government employees from engaging in political speech on the job so many times OSC suggested she be removed from office.
The 25-16 vote fell largely along party lines, with outspoken Republican Rep. Justin Amash being the only Republican to approve the resolution to subpoena the president's top aide over her Hatch Act violations."

House panel votes to subpoena Kellyanne Conway over political speech
She's a witch she's a witch!

"The House Oversight Committee has voted to subpoena White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, after the Office of Special Counsel found she violated the law prohibiting government employees from engaging in political speech on the job so many times OSC suggested she be removed from office.
The 25-16 vote fell largely along party lines, with outspoken Republican Rep. Justin Amash being the only Republican to approve the resolution to subpoena the president's top aide over her Hatch Act violations."

She's a witch she's a witch!
uh huh

iu

If her violations of the Hatch Act are anything like that first one where she made a quip about Ivanka's clothing line (IIRC), there is not a lot of need to pass the smelling salts, folks.

With all due respect, OldLady, the issue isn't a minor violation of the law. It's the utter disrespect of the law as expressed by repeated violations despite prior warnings, along with the decision not to remove her from her office despite the repeated lawbreaking. That's while her boss is nominally charged with the duty to see to it that the law be faithfully executed. Apparently, Trump cares just as much as you do about his oath of office - which would be, not at all.

A Republic, a country governed by laws, rather than men, IF you can keep it. There is no keeping it once the electorate ceases to care.

So they can scold her? What is the point of that?

It's democrat Party over Country

So they can scold her? What is the point of that?

Well those useless fucks have to look like they are doing something. They sure aren't doing anything to help the country.

Love to see Kellyannes double speak in front of Congress

But, but.....Hillary

Forum List

Back