House panel passes college football playoff bill

I hope it passes, teams like Boise State will never be able to prove themselves without a playoff system. And we all know when you prove yourself you get more money for your program.
A good example of this is Gonzaga, in the last ten years since it started going to the playoff every year enrollment is up and the program is funded quite a bit more bringing in even more money to the school in the long run.

And Boise State is going to kick TCU's ass in the Fiesta Bowl.

Jeeze. Now the Clowns in DC are into football????

I am trying to figure out why the hell they would give a shit about this! :confused:

Do I want a playoff system? Yes, but do I think that should be left up the BCS and not the government? Absolutely!

Well Obama did say he would get this done. Congrat Prez you actually have done one thing in your first year.

I am trying to figure out why the hell they would give a shit about this! :confused:

Do I want a playoff system? Yes, but do I think that should be left up the BCS and not the government? Absolutely!

Well Obama did say he would get this done. Congrat Prez you actually have done one thing in your first year.

the only valid argument i heard about it was from an antitrust side. the teams not in the bcs conferences get shafted.

the only valid argument i heard about it was from an antitrust side. the teams not in the bcs conferences get shafted.

They have a right to set up their system how they like. Government has authority to dictate, because universities receive public funds. I am not doubting from the legal end, rather I am doubting from a priority end, we have countless problems:
(1) Unemployment at possible 20%+ (officially at 10.2%)
(2) The war in Iraq
(3) The war in Afghanistan
(4) The poor economy
(5) The healthcare mess
(6) Getting off foreign oil
(7) Detroit in a mess
(8) The weak and incompetitive US manufacturing sector
(9) Climategate leading to cap and trade leading to killing this country
(10) Illegal immigration

From the LRC blog (emphasis mine):
The Evil Joe Barton, Conservative Texas Republican

Posted by Lew Rockwell on December 9, 2009 05:54 PM
I am watching this lizard on the progressive Ed Show on MSNBC. Like Obama, they both love the bill to force college football into a basketball-style playoff. But perhaps it is a useful reminder that in the united state of America, the government sees absolutely nothing beyond its command and control.
itsnotfascism-1.jpg

JohnRandolphSouthronPartisan

Forum List

Back