House Orders Up 3 Elite Jets; $200 Million Cost

Thompson pointed out that the cost of the plane would be peanuts compared to the cost to the nation if a top official were taken hostage or harmed taking a commercial flight to a dangerous region of the world.

They sure do treat these morons like they are our saviors. Is anyone else thinking our Country might be saved if some of our top officials were taken hostage or harmed?

The Air Force asked for one, and the other two will be stations a few miles from D.C...

But I suppose that's just a coincidence. :doubt:

You're right. That makes no sense at all if they were being used by Military Top Brass, what with the Pentagon being in Kansas and all.

Uh..the Air Force requested one. According to them that's all they needed for the Military Top Brass. If they need more for the top brass, they would have asked for more.

Next?

You really don't know about the # of planes used by the top brass and how old some of that fleet is, do you?

You're right. That makes no sense at all if they were being used by Military Top Brass, what with the Pentagon being in Kansas and all.

Uh..the Air Force requested one. According to them that's all they needed for the Military Top Brass. If they need more for the top brass, they would have asked for more.

Next?

You really don't know about the # of planes used by the top brass and how old some of that fleet is, do you?
then how come the Air Force only asked for ONE?

Thompson pointed out that the cost of the plane would be peanuts compared to the cost to the nation if a top official were taken hostage or harmed taking a commercial flight to a dangerous region of the world.

They sure do treat these morons like they are our saviors. Is anyone else thinking our Country might be saved if some of our top officials were taken hostage or harmed?
I think the country wouldnt miss a beat if Washington DC disappeared in a mushroom cloud.

It appears to me--that Americans are getting ripped off by this current congress & administration-- far worse than Wall Street ever screwed anyone.

INGTON -- Congress plans to spend $550 million to buy eight jets, a substantial upgrade to the fleet used by federal officials at a time when lawmakers have criticized the use of corporate jets by companies receiving taxpayer funds.

The purchases will help accommodate growing travel demand by congressional officials. The planes augment a fleet of about two dozen passenger jets maintained by the Air Force for lawmakers, administration officials and military chiefs to fly on government trips in the U.S. and abroad.

The congressional shopping list goes beyond what the Air Force had initially requested as part of its annual appropriations. The Pentagon sought to buy one Gulfstream V and one business-class equivalent of a Boeing 737 to replace aging planes. The Defense Department also asked to buy two additional 737s that were being leased.

Congress Gets an Upgrade - WSJ.com

I think the country wouldnt miss a beat if Washington DC disappeared in a mushroom cloud.

Nice.

just read where the House approved 8.......... Congress Gets an Upgrade - WSJ.com

This is the same type of aircraft that wasn't good enough for Pelosi(this model does have a greater range but we know that really wasn't Pelosi's bitch). They all burn between 800-1,000 gallons of jet fuel per hour. Even with 18 people on board, that's 45 gallons per person per hour........... at somewhere near 5 bucks a gallon.

Rush pays for his.

This is one of the stupidest things to come out from Congress in some time.
there is a newer thread here showing that Congress put in a bill to order 8 more after this set
so that makes it 11 when the military only asked for 1

I wonder if Al Gore will be shooting the sequal to Inconvienent Truth and continue his conquest against the Global Warming Monster while flying in one of those fuel guzzling jets, one of his fuel guzzling limos, or in his massive fuel burning mansion. I think all his hot air is the real cause behind global warming!

I wonder if IT Part 2 will be another showing of his own inflated ego?

I can see it now..."I, Al Gore must combat global warming and the carbon footprint because my mom didn't give me waffles once while in the third grade..."

This Air Force purchase does not surprise me in the least, this is the same purchasing arm that has brought you the debacle with the Air Force Tanker program. This is also the same Air Force that begged the DoD and congress for 60 more F-22's and was turned down and at the same time told congress no thank you on any more C-17's however they were told to take some anyway. So why then is it so shocking that congress would have the Air Force purchase G-5's for VIP usage ?

Forum List

Back