House OKs Iraq funds in installments

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mace, May 10, 2007.

1. Mace

Mace Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Wow, good for them. I never thought they'd really stand up against him. Wonder who will get their way, Bush or the house. The house seems to be playin hardball which is suprising. They couldn't over ride a veto but they could keep sending bills he doesn't like. Bush can only veto so much till there's no money left for the war and he has to compromise.

House OKs Iraq funds in installments - Yahoo! News

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    We have been here before. Reagan had to Veto Congress over spending and he shut down the Government. Guess who lost in those wars?

If the democrats continue to refuse to fund troops IN the field, it won't be Bush that gets the blame. especially when the reason he wont sign is pork, bribes and unreasonable timetables.

3. Mace

Mace Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bush wont shut down the government and isn't nearly as popular as Reagan. Neither is his war, people elected the dems in part because of it. They want to see them checking the prez some. This plan isn't unreasonble.

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    As long as they demand timetables with arbitrary withdrawal schedules and pork they will lose.

I would suggest you check what gives the dems a majority. It is not new flaming Liberals it is moderate to conservative democrats, at least thats what they told their constituents they were. This wont sell well in those districts either.

5. Mace

Mace Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Even in those districts the wars unpopular. I'm in rural kentucky, very conservative here and you'd still be hard pressed to find someone who suppors this war, thinks Bush is doing a good job running it, or thinks it should continue.

6. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    Ya and I bet they are hoping the troops get cut off in a war zone with no money... sure thing.