HOUSE of filth. 3 feet of feces in house

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
House Of Filth: Nearly 100 Cats Found In NJ Home - wcbstv.com

SPCA spokesman Matthew Stanton said there was 2 feet of feces in one room of the home on Farm Road in Chester Township. Investigators wore masks to help them breathe through the stench of urine, Stanton said.

"The conditions were absolutely horrific - there wasn't one inch of the house that wasn't covered in feces or urine," SPCA Lt. Rick Yocum says. "There were three foot piles of feces in the hallways.

"It was one of the worst houses I've ever entered into," Yocum says.

Twenty felines were taken to a veterinarian on Thursday. The remaining animals were expected to be removed Friday.

"These people are not horrible people - their lifestyle went out of control," Yocum says. "She's obviously a hoarder."

"For hoarders, the animal is the most important thing," SPCA Superintendent Frank Rizzo says. "More important than their own health."

The SPCA will spend the next two weeks finding homes for the remaining 70 cats still inside, while these rescued cats are being treated for upper respiratory problems.

Oughton has been charged with 93 counts of improperly sheltering an animal. Investigators say they don't want any jail time because they realize this was simply a good deed that got out of hand.

For anyone interested in adopting any of the cats, visit the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals at NJSPCA - The New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

i get aggravated when my cat even goes to the litter box, lol. how could a person live in that house?

Pretty fuckin' gross!

I remember when I was a kid, there was a house in our town (actually out in the rural areas), where a hermit lived. He cut a hole in the floor of a second floor room and used the room below it as a septic tank.

I am sure there is mental disease associated with the practice of creating an "in-house".

who is going to adopt any of these cats? once they poop out of the litter box they will always do that. EWWWWWWWWWW

A few years back a deputy and child welfare worker went into a house like that and both had lung burns from the fumes so bad they could no longer work and went on disability.
I can't remember specifics but it was really bad.
Never go into someplace like that without a canister gas mask on.

A few years back a deputy and child welfare worker went into a house like that and both had lung burns from the fumes so bad they could no longer work and went on disability.

how did the woman live there? it would be like living in an unflushed toilet. the fleas and ticks must have been swarming as well. how did she sleep?

how did the woman live there? it would be like living in an unflushed toilet. the fleas and ticks must have been swarming as well. how did she sleep?

My wife had talked to the deputy and he did go back to work after a year of treatment.
She also spoke with the case workers supervisor and at that time the case worker was still on workmans comp.
This was a few years back in central Fl. the woman that owned the property had two mobile homes on it. She lived in one, but her kids lived in the other and that was the one with all the cat feces in it.

I don't know what happened to the kids after they were removed, but I imagine they must have had some damage also.
Pretty freakin' sorry huh?:evil::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back