House of Cards

I am currently into the Netflix original series, "House of Cards." Anyone else invoved in this? I find it most interesting, especailly the character of Francis Underwood as played by Kevin Spacey as well as his wife and his girlfriend.

Any thoughts or comments on this series?

Super series!

I subscribed to Netflix primarily for HOC!

More than worth the $8/mo. fee.

Netflix announces a release date for House of Cards season two | Digital Trends

Detailed within a Netflix press release today, the streaming video company has set a February 2014 release date for the new season of Kevin Spacey’s House of Cards. Starting on Valentine’s Day, all thirteen episodes of the new season will be available for viewing on the same day.

:thup:

I read there are indications Netflix is going to go for a third season, too!

Frank Underwood’s devious plan is going swimmingly.

Though the premiere of House of Cards‘ second season is still months away, Netflix is already thinking ahead to a possible season 3. “Our intent is that the show keep going for sure,” Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said during a keynote address at this weekend’s 2013 Film Independent Forum, adding, “It was not our intent that it just run for two seasons.” After his speech, Sarandos reiterated that his company wants to make more House of Cards, telling Deadline that “talks are in progress right now.”

As Sarandos said in his address, Netflix originally committed to making two 13-episode seasons of Beau Willimon’s Shakespearean political drama. Though Willimon has indicated that he’d be up for additional seasons of the series, co-executive producer Rick Cleveland said earlier this month that he believed the show would end after episode 26: “House of Cards is only going to go a second season and I think that’s it,” he told Gold Derby.

Why?

Because “Kevin Spacey likes to do movies, and Robin Wright likes to do movies.” (Spacey and Wright haven’t yet responded to EW’s requests for comment.).

'House of Cards': Netflix wants season 3 | Inside TV | EW.com

A season 3 has already been given the green light. :thup:

I tried watching season 1 again, but it wasn't working for me. Then I got the idea to watch the episodes in reverse order. Much more entertaining for some reason LOL.

Well, my backwards-viewing of episodes lasted 3 deep LOL.

Ended going back to Ep. 1 and viewing forward. Lots of blanks filled in for me in the process.

Watched the last two episodes 3x and now I'm crystal clear and raring to go Feb. 14. :thup:

And the son hadn't been very forthcoming re: his new job, but he seems to have a lot more involvement in this Series than I thought. :thup:

I just told him "no spoilers". LOL

Ended going back to Ep. 1 and viewing forward. Lots of blanks filled in for me in the process.

Watched the last two episodes 3x and now I'm crystal clear and raring to go Feb. 14. :thup:

And the son hadn't been very forthcoming re: his new job, but he seems to have a lot more involvement in this Series than I thought. :thup:

Say! Any chance I could get your son's number? I need to ... erm ... plan a surprise party for you. Yeah. That's it.

A party. >.>

Say! Any chance I could get your son's number? I need to ... erm ... plan a surprise party for you. Yeah. That's it.

A party. >.>

LOL. I thought of asking if Claire ends up getting pregnant. Funny that would be my most pressing concern at this point.

With all the shit about to go down, I'm impressed they've milked a season 2 let alone lined up #3.

Kevin Spacey is No Ian Richardson.

The British version is orders of magnitude better.

In a way, I wish I had discovered that series first. But it t'warnt to be.

I did watch many episodes of the British version of "The Office" which I think far better than the U.S. production. I can't bring myself to watch a single episode.

Funny how that shit works LOL.

I wonder if that goes to acting or direction though. Sometimes really good actors have less than stellar performances when directed by the wrong person.

It's also the writing, turn of phrase, and the environment of the House of Commons.

And Ian Richardson...nobody tops a classically trained Shakespearean actor.

I wonder if that goes to acting or direction though. Sometimes really good actors have less than stellar performances when directed by the wrong person.

It's also the writing, turn of phrase, and the environment of the House of Commons.

And Ian Richardson...nobody tops a classically trained Shakespearean actor.

Oh. Great. I have to add another show to the other 250 I'm juggling. And by juggling, I mean feeling bad about not watching any of them while I'm in here posting.

The environment of the House of Commons is what sold me. :thup:

I am currently into the Netflix original series, "House of Cards." Anyone else invoved in this? I find it most interesting, especailly the character of Francis Underwood as played by Kevin Spacey as well as his wife and his girlfriend.

Any thoughts or comments on this series?

I watched season 1 and enjoyed it. I need to start season 2.

Forum List

Back