House of Cards Season 2!

Hey I'm going to start a thread (no spoilers) where we can blab about this shit. :thup:

Did you mean you want to start a thread where YOU CAN blab about it and reveal the spoilers?

I would post in it.

:)

Finished!!

Outstanding, better than season 1.

You do have to get past the episode 2-1 "game changer" and just accept that this is not Aaron Sorkin West Wing, this is a modern day Richard III with all the great asides to the audience and Machiavellian evil plotting.

Kevin Spacey is brilliant -- the looks to the camera are priceless.

I read that some political insiders say the show is 99% true. I think the vindictiveness and deep strategy is true, but the level of criminal activity, God help us if that's true.

I've also noticed how a number of the actors play very flat, complacent, emotionless, intentionally blind to the fact they are pawns in a game -- almost as if the director said I want to you read the lines as a chess piece would, oblivious as to your part in the game, thinking your choice is your own.

Those actors are portraying those with the Sheeple/Liberal malaise.

They do it very well.

They have no idea what the machinations happening around them, or to them, will result.

That is the essence of Liberalitis.

Unintended consequences and unforeseen results.

Oh, they have good intentions sometimes but they are only capable of limited rational reasoning ability.

IRVING KRISTOL: If you had asked any liberal in 1960, we are going to pass these laws, these laws, these laws, and these laws, mentioning all the laws that in fact were passed in the 1960s and ‘70s, would you say crime will go up, drug addiction will go up, illegitimacy will go up, or will they get down? Obviously, everyone would have said, they will get down. And everyone would have been wrong. Now, that’s not something that the liberals have been able to face up to. They’ve had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don’t know what to do about.

Silt 3.0: Baby It's Cold Outside (first half)

Their curse.

And we have vowed to co-exist with them.

If they were left to their own devices history would have been absolutely brutal in revealing their ideology and approach and attitudes as failures.

Yet, because we are a united people, or we have been until...soon...we have kept them in line to some degree and kept us all successful as a nation.

But now they hope to declare their independence from a RW America.

Obama is replicating his revolutionary, rebel father's dream.

Where Senior rebelled against Britain so that Kenya could be free and on it's own to sink or swim by the efforts of and at the direction of Kenyans, Obama wants to break free of the Right Wing. But he wants to take the entire country from the RW so he and his ruling class anti-American cronies and contributors can set up a country according to HIS and his father's ideals.

There's a lesson for you.

Hey I'm going to start a thread (no spoilers) where we can blab about this shit. :thup:

Did you mean you want to start a thread where YOU CAN blab about it and reveal the spoilers?

I would post in it.

:)

LOL come on in! Just don't spread the spoils where they don't belong. :cool:

What's the point of starting a new thread where you can blab just so long as you don't reveal the spoilers when you can do exactly that in THIS thread???

Am I missing something?

:confused:

Finished!!

This is about your Sig.

Taliban or Tea Party?

Ideological Purity.
Compromise as weakness.
Fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism.
Denying science.
A need to control women's bodies.
Severe xenophobia.
Tribal mentality (us vs. them)

There are several arguable points to make to bring it into the arena of complete truthfulness.

However, I will just concern myself with the obvious main difference between the Taliban and the Tea Party.

The obvious difference is that the Tea Party's foundation is the U.S. Constitution.

The Taliban's foundation is the Koran.

We know that hundreds of millions of fundamentalist Muslims are presently ready, willing and able to follow the Koan's instructions to conquer all countries, governments, religions and people to bring them into submission under Islam (which means, "Submission).

The U.S. Constitution stands for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Your sig = Fail

Last edited:
In Season Two, Ep. 3 there was a nice example of the power of the media and the Leftists in our Country.

At the 19:21 mark.

In 1992 G.H.W. Bush was being shown the difference between the old check out registers and the new ones at a grocery store supplier which he was curious about.

The Liberal media led everyone to believe he was totally out of touch with the average American and didn't know what these items were or how they worked.

Last edited:
Finished!!

You do have to get past the episode 2-1 "game changer" and just accept that this is not Aaron Sorkin West Wing, this is a modern day Richard III with all the great asides to the audience and Machiavellian evil plotting.

I read that some political insiders say the show is 99% true. I think the vindictiveness and deep strategy is true, but the level of criminal activity, God help us if that's true.

I've also noticed how a number of the actors play very flat, complacent, emotionless, intentionally blind to the fact they are pawns in a game -- almost as if the director said I want to you read the lines as a chess piece would, oblivious as to your part in the game, thinking your choice is your own.

They do it very well.

They have no idea what the machinations happening around them, or to them, will result.

Oh, they have good intentions sometimes but they are only capable of limited rational reasoning ability.

IRVING KRISTOL: If you had asked any liberal in 1960, we are going to pass these laws, these laws, these laws, and these laws, mentioning all the laws that in fact were passed in the 1960s and ‘70s, would you say crime will go up, drug addiction will go up, illegitimacy will go up, or will they get down? Obviously, everyone would have said, they will get down. And everyone would have been wrong. Now, that’s not something that the liberals have been able to face up to. They’ve had their reforms, and they have led to consequences that they did not expect and they don’t know what to do about.

Their curse.

If they were left to their own devices history would have been absolutely brutal in revealing their ideology and approach and attitudes as failures.

Yet, because we are a united people, or we have been until...soon...we have kept them in line to some degree and kept us all successful as a nation.

Where Senior rebelled against Britain so that Kenya could be free and on it's own to sink or swim by the efforts of and at the direction of Kenyans, Obama wants to break free of the Right Wing. But he wants to take the entire country from the RW so he and his ruling class anti-American cronies and contributors can set up a country according to HIS and his father's ideals.

We understand, Mo.

This is a thread about a TV drama.

There are plenty of other threads for discussing specific political issues.

I think you'd get more bang for your buck if you post in those threads, not this one.

I'm nursing this season. 1-2 episodes a day. I want to cherish and savor it.

I'm policing us to 1 per week. the problem is the damned spoilers. We almost got hit witha spoiler on episode 1 of 2 before the first day was even up!

Which "House Of Cards" Character Are You

You got Remy Danton

You’re smooth and you’re all about one thing, getting results and making money. You’re always working and that’s OK with you. I mean, what else would you be doing?

Attachments

• $remy.jpg
    $remy.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 98
Congratulations, you’re basically the coolest person in the room. But you might also be a sociopath, so watch out for that. You’re quick with a smile and quicker with a knife in someone’s back. But remember, don’t let that get to your head or everyone will realize how evil you truly are.

Finished!!

They do it very well.

Their curse.

We understand, Mo.

This is a thread about a TV drama.

There are plenty of other threads for discussing specific political issues.

I think you'd get more bang for your buck if you post in those threads, not this one.

How right you are.

Mr. H.

Forum List

Back