House Majority leader says he can't Support Fiscal cliff deal....

really shooting themselves in the foot it looks like.

America saw this. The senate working together to come up with something, the white house jumping on board, and then the house not backing it.
The house will get the blame, and thus it could be bad come the next election. The public already blames the GOP for most of this mess. Putting your foot down like this is not a smart move.

but hey, you gate what you pay for.
But what if we went over the "cliff" and nothing happened?

ice cream soda for everyone?

Latest updates: Will the House vote? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I guess the GOP wants to lose there jobs at mid-terms. Because that's what will happen come the midterms America already spoke in the Presidential election. This is one way to end the gridlock though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes it did speak it said we want the status quo which is why Obama is still President the Democrats still control the Senate and the Republicans the House. The only message sent by the people from the 2012 election is they don't like or trust either party enough to give them full control of the Government again.

really shooting themselves in the foot it looks like.

America saw this. The senate working together to come up with something, the white house jumping on board, and then the house not backing it.
The house will get the blame, and thus it could be bad come the next election. The public already blames the GOP for most of this mess. Putting your foot down like this is not a smart move.

but hey, you gate what you pay for.
But what if we went over the "cliff" and nothing happened?

ice cream soda for everyone?
Nothing...That's what.

Ferchrissakes!....Am I the only person on Earth who can see that this is a 100% phony manufactured "crisis"?

I never really liked him but after Obama was re-elected he seemed to get more reasonable. But he is getting a lot of flack from the ultra right which well is most of them.

This is completely true. The reality is that both sides are responsible for bringing us to this cliff, for overspending for years, etc. etc. And both sides will have to be involved in order to create a solution. From here on out, it's a political game. The side that is able to cast the most blame on the opposition wins. And at the moment, Obama and the Democrats are outmaneuvering the GOP.

The House needs to bring it to a vote and just stop these two idiots and their showboating.

I guess the GOP wants to lose there jobs at mid-terms. Because that's what will happen come the midterms America already spoke in the Presidential election. This is one way to end the gridlock though :lol::lol::lol::lol:

America did speak in the election and REELECTED the GOP control of the house which CONTROLS fiscal matters.

Actually, the GOP LOST seats in both the House and the Senate. Yes, the GOP still controls the House, but not as much as they did before the elections.

Might wanna do some real research into that.

Additionally, because the Senate has been able to hammer out a deal, and Boehner sits around with his thumb up his ass blocking everything that comes his way. Wanna know who is really to blame for going over the fiscal cliff? Look no farther than Boehner and the House.

2014 is gonna see a whole bunch of GOP representatives going home.

I never really liked him but after Obama was re-elected he seemed to get more reasonable. But he is getting a lot of flack from the ultra right which well is most of them.

This is completely true. The reality is that both sides are responsible for bringing us to this cliff, for overspending for years, etc. etc. And both sides will have to be involved in order to create a solution. From here on out, it's a political game. The side that is able to cast the most blame on the opposition wins. And at the moment, Obama and the Democrats are outmaneuvering the GOP.

Gallup: Disapproval Of Obama Has Climbed 5 Points Since Christmas

Gallup: Disapproval of Obama Has Climbed 5 Points Since Christmas | WOPULAR

America did speak in the election and REELECTED the GOP control of the house which CONTROLS fiscal matters.

Actually, the GOP LOST seats in both the House and the Senate. Yes, the GOP still controls the House, but not as much as they did before the elections.

Additionally, because the Senate has been able to hammer out a deal, and Boehner sits around with his thumb up his ass blocking everything that comes his way. Wanna know who is really to blame for going over the fiscal cliff? Look no farther than Boehner and the House.

Only if we can overcome the gerrymandering. It's going to be tough.

Only if we can overcome the gerrymandering. It's going to be tough.

Hey, haven't you heard? 6th year President's always make gains in Congress!

LOL

It's DOA. The House will not do anything. The cliff is the best medicine. Both sides lose- tax increases for the entire country- and spending cuts.

I don't care what any of them do at this point..They're all a bunch of low life scum as far as I'm concerned. They caused this mess to begin with and they continue to perpetuate it..

It's DOA. The House will not do anything. The cliff is the best medicine. Both sides lose- tax increases for the entire country- and spending cuts.

Latest looks like the House may undertake an amendment, but the totalitarian Democrats in the Senate have already said that their one hour before midnight bill is dumped on the people's House an 'all or nothing' bill.

Latest looks like the House may undertake an amendment, but the totalitarian Democrats in the Senate have already said that their one hour before midnight bill is dumped on the people's House an 'all or nothing' bill.

Almost every republican senator voted with Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell for that stink bomb.. Blame goes in both directions on this one.

Almost every republican senator voted with Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell for that stink bomb.. Blame goes in both directions on this one.

I only read about the Democrat Senators saying there would be no amendments, so I can't speak to that one!

Agreed. Going over the cliff is the fiscally responsible thing to do and the American people need to start feeling the consequences of their poor voting choices.

Not exactly. America reelected President Obama by a rather large margin; individual congressional districts kept the GOP's majority in the House but with less of a Majority then they had before the election.

Why are some of you gloating that the current congress was elected by the people?? The same people will be getting rid of them shortly.

Is it your contention that a POTUS' party makes gains in Congress in his 6th year?

(trying to not LOL)

As usual, you have no idea what my contention is. You are way off base.

My point is that since this congress has been called the worst ever, it's likely they will get the boot. Not a big leap. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back