House Kills Resolution to Oust Rangel From Chair of Tax-Writing Committee

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
NOW WE ALL KNOW IF CHARLIE WAS A REPUBLICAN HIS ASS WOULD BE GRASS.

Pay your taxes or step down.

That's the message critics are sending to Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., chairman of the powerful tax-writing Ways and Means Committee and subject of a major ethics probe into alleged tax evasion and other violations.

House Republicans on Wednesday tried to pass a resolution to oust Rangel from his chairmanship pending an Ethics Committee investigation into a long and stinging list of alleged wrongdoing. The measure stemmed from a probe into Rangel's alleged failure to pay his taxes and disclose income on multiple properties -- as much as $1.3 million.

But House Democrats were quick to strike down the measure by a vote of 243 to 156. House Republicans refused to accept defeat of the resolution, and asked for a second recorded vote following the first. The reading of the resolution was interrupted several times, and at one point was challenged by Democrats before being put to a vote.

A representative from Rangel's office on Wednesday blasted the resolution as a "highly partisan effort."

House Kills Resolution to Oust Rangel From Chair of Tax-Writing Committee - Political News - FOXNews.com

"highly partisan effort."

I would hope the Democrats would do the same thing if they found a republican doing the same thing as this fuckin' crook.
A crook's a crook regardless of party and they should be booted the fuck out, and no pention either.

"highly partisan effort."

I would hope the Democrats would do the same thing if they found a republican doing the same thing as this fuckin' crook.
A crook's a crook regardless of party and they should be booted the fuck out, and no pention either.

Yeah. This is larger than party. These are people that think they are larger than the LAW they write.

Last time I looked? Weren't they citizens as well?

KUDOS to the OP for this thread.

we must hope he is removed.

Apparently, this isn't the "Hope and Change" we were promised.

Nancy Pelosi, “Draining the Swamp” or Sandbagging the House <LINK

[SNIP]

When Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi took the Gavel to become the first woman Speaker of the House she stated that in her first one hundred days she would, “Drain the Swamp” from nearly ten years of the Republican, “Culture of Corruption”. She had another thing to say In her speech, that “It Just Might Take a Woman to Clean The House” of ethics violations perpetrated by the Republicans."

[/SNIP]

What of HER OWN? And that Of The DemocRATS? I suppose Nancy's JURY is still OUT on that front?

Nancy is a LIAR. It's that simple. Madmame Speaker? it's a Two-Way street, and YOU are a LIAR.

Forum List

Back