House just voted 232-184 to take away your internet privacy

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Today is a very sad day in America. Internet privacy is officially dead.

Online Privacy News

In the course of one week, the theft of your internet privacy by Congress is now complete. All it needs now is for Cheeto Jesus to sign it and it's a done deal. You no longer have the "luxury" of opting out of the collection and sale of your private life by anyone willing to pay for it. Employers, government, law enforcement, advertisers, everybody can now know and sell about your plans to look or another job, donate to Planned Parenthood, use tracking to know when your children leave and arrive to and from school, where you go on vacation and whether your home is vulnerable to robbery while you are gone, can use your email, text messages, internet browser history, internet forms you fill out, everything...to deny you healthcare, car insurance, inform your employer that you are planning to leave, falsely incriminate you for activities that are nobody's business but yours...

The only hope is that the state you live in will be as outraged as you are and will motivate state politicians to create protections for you at the state level. Most of us, (maybe all of us) don't even have the luxury of boycotting the ISPs with whom we subscribe services and switching services to another, more ethical vendor, if any really even exist outside the realm of local dial-up ISPs.

---

Allowing corporate America to fuck you in the ass since 1776.

Buy stock in VPN companies.

No shit, the other day I was walking around some stores and all the sudden my phone alerts me, it was an alert for a coupon to some store I had never heard of, looked around and the store was just down the street. The fuckers knew exactly where I was

Online Privacy News

In the course of one week, the theft of your internet privacy by Congress is now complete. All it needs now is for Cheeto Jesus to sign it and it's a done deal. You no longer have the "luxury" of opting out of the collection and sale of your private life by anyone willing to pay for it. Employers, government, law enforcement, advertisers, everybody can now know and sell about your plans to look or another job, donate to Planned Parenthood, use tracking to know when your children leave and arrive to and from school, where you go on vacation and whether your home is vulnerable to robbery while you are gone, can use your email, text messages, internet browser history, internet forms you fill out, everything...to deny you healthcare, car insurance, inform your employer that you are planning to leave, falsely incriminate you for activities that are nobody's business but yours...

The only hope is that the state you live in will be as outraged as you are and will motivate state politicians to create protections for you at the state level. Most of us, (maybe all of us) don't even have the luxury of boycotting the ISPs with whom we subscribe services and switching services to another, more ethical vendor, if any really even exist outside the realm of local dial-up ISPs.

---

Obama developed the greatest surveillance state the world has ever known, and you said nothing.

Repubs have wanted this all along. So have RWNJs. Not surprised they're getting it. They also want an end to net neutrality and they'll get that too.

I live in a very backward red state. No hope for freedom or equal rights here. And because of living out in the boonies, I don't have a lot of options.

Being surveilled all the time is not good, people. Keep that in mind.

1368373977137169853chicken-egg-shell-icon-hi_zpsz9n8zdmq.png

Last edited by a moderator:

No shit, the other day I was walking around some stores and all the sudden my phone alerts me, it was an alert for a coupon to some store I had never heard of, looked around and the store was just down the street. The fuckers knew exactly where I was

It's creepy, isn't it?

Does anyone really think that Hussein's "internet broadband privacy" actually worked? The freaking FBI and the CIA couldn't even prevent foreign hackers from infiltrating the DNC.

Repubs have wanted this all along. So have RWNJs. Not surprised they're getting it. They also want an end to net neutrality and they'll get that too.

I live in a very backward red state. No hope for freedom or equal rights here. And because of living out in the boonies, I don't have a lot of options.
Dem hillbilly? Who'da thunk it.

Here's is Uber, on almost every new phone sold in the world.

Uber is tracking passengers even after their rides are over, and it isn’t going well

Contrary to what the article says, the app can't be fully removed.

So they're repealing a rule that was put in place on Jan 3, 2017.
DATES:
Effective January 3, 2017, except for §§ 64.2003, 64.2004, 64.2006, and 64.2011(b) which contain information collection requirements that have not yet been approved by OMB. The Federal Communications Commission will publish a document in the Federal Register announcing the effective date of these rules upon approval. Section 64.2005 is effective March 2, 2017.
From here: Federal Register :: Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services

Don't blame congress for that, blame the apps you use.

It's Google, not the apps

You can deny google your location.

It's Google, not the apps

You can deny google your location.

I know but I use it for maps and driving a lot

Online Privacy News

---

They're making amurica great again.

Forum List

Back