House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Full Non-Redacted Mueller Report

A lot of words to say, "I got nothing."
  1. "Mueller Declined to Make a Formal Finding on Obstruction Because of the Justice Department’s Policy Against Indicting a Sitting President. Nonetheless, He Concluded the President Could Not Be Exonerated of Obstruction.
"While it is true that Mueller did not make a traditional prosecutorial judgment about obstruction of justice, it is not true, as Barr implied in his March 24 letter to Congress, that Mueller demurred on obstruction because of the 'difficult issues of law and fact' he was called on to examine.

"He demurred because of Justice Department policy against indicting a sitting president."

Five Critical Takeaways From the Mueller Report

The whole investigation was a phony and illegal plot, starting with that crooked FISA warrant.
The whole investigation was a phony and illegal plot, starting with that crooked FISA warrant.
Does the investigation end with Barr or Congress?

1. "Mueller Did Not Request Barr to Draw His Own Conclusions on Obstruction. That Decision Should Be Left to Congress by Means of an Impeachment Investigation."

You're still having a lot of trouble with that "telling reliable sources from partisan hack sites" thing, apparently.

Citing truthdig.com is the same thing as saying, "This is fact because I want it to be!"
Truthdig has a left bias, but they've never failed a fact check. Just because you want it to be false doesn't make it false

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Fact check by whom?

Just because you want it to be true doesn't make it true.

1. "Mueller Declined to Make a Formal Finding on Obstruction Because of the Justice Department’s Policy Against Indicting a Sitting President. Nonetheless, He Concluded the President Could Not Be Exonerated of Obstruction.
"While it is true that Mueller did not make a traditional prosecutorial judgment about obstruction of justice, it is not true, as Barr implied in his March 24 letter to Congress, that Mueller demurred on obstruction because of the 'difficult issues of law and fact' he was called on to examine.

"He demurred because of Justice Department policy against indicting a sitting president."

1. "Mueller Did Not Request Barr to Draw His Own Conclusions on Obstruction. That Decision Should Be Left to Congress by Means of an Impeachment Investigation."

You're still having a lot of trouble with that "telling reliable sources from partisan hack sites" thing, apparently.

Citing truthdig.com is the same thing as saying, "This is fact because I want it to be!"
Truthdig has a left bias, but they've never failed a fact check. Just because you want it to be false doesn't make it false

Fact check by whom?

media bias fact check gives them a factual rating.

However, several sources also report that Mueller didnt request Barr to draw his own conclusions on obstruction.
Wired reports Mueller goes to great lengths to demolish William Barr’s theory of obstruction
and politico reports that Barr tried to hide obstruction.
The details of this were reported by fortune.
All this is in alignment with truthdig, so in this case their story jives with other news sites.

Fact check by whom?

However, several sources also report that Mueller didnt request Barr to draw his own conclusions on obstruction.
Wired reports Mueller goes to great lengths to demolish William Barr’s theory of obstruction
All this is in alignment with truthdig, so in this case their story jives with other news sites.

Chuckles, Mueller doesn't HAVE to "request" that Barr do anything. Barr doesn't work for him; he works for Barr. And the responsibilities of each of their jobs are already clearly defined. That's like saying it's not my supervisor's job to make decisions about my work output unless I specifically request that she do so.

THIS is why your source is suspect, and your fact-checking source for your source is suspect: because they keep telling you complete nonsense.

The powers and limits of Robert Mueller's new job as special counsel

CBS News put this out in 2017. I assume you don't think they have a right-wing bias they're going to lie on behalf of.

Q. Could Trump fire Mueller?

A. No, but Attorney General Jeff Sessions' deputy, Rod Rosenstein, could. Special counsels can be fired only by the "personal action" of the attorney general.

You know what you call a person who can fire you? Your boss. You know what doesn't happen between you and your boss? You deciding what he's going to do and giving him marching orders.

Q. Will the results of the investigation become public?

A. Not necessarily. When a special counsel closes shop, he or she must give the attorney general a confidential report explaining the decision to bring charges or drop the matter. The attorney general would have to notify Congress of the conclusion, but can decide whether to make the special counsel's report public.

Oh, hey, look! Exactly what fucking happened, which turds like you promptly started screeching about on every single possible point under the pretense that it was "outrageous"!

Let's continue.

Organization, Mission & Functions Manual: Attorney General, Deputy and Associate

The position of Attorney General was created by the Judiciary Act of 1789. In June 1870 Congress enacted a law entitled “An Act to Establish the Department of Justice.” This Act established the Attorney General as head of the Department of Justice and gave the Attorney General direction and control of U.S. Attorneys and all other counsel employed on behalf of the United States. The Act also vested in the Attorney General supervisory power over the accounts of U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.

The mission of the Office of the Attorney General is to supervise and direct the administration and operation of the Department of Justice, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Drug Enforcement Administration, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Bureau of Prisons, Office of Justice Programs, and the U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals Service, which are all within the Department of Justice.

The principal duties of the Attorney General are to:

• Represent the United States in legal matters.
  • Supervise and direct the administration and operation of the offices, boards, divisions, and bureaus that comprise the Department.
  • Furnish advice and opinions, formal and informal, on legal matters to the President and the Cabinet and to the heads of the executive departments and agencies of the government, as provided by law.
  • Make recommendations to the President concerning appointments to federal judicial positions and to positions within the Department, including U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Marshals.
  • Represent or supervise the representation of the United States Government in the Supreme Court of the United States and all other courts, foreign and domestic, in which the United States is a party or has an interest as may be deemed appropriate.
  • Perform or supervise the performance of other duties required by statute or Executive Order.
In case you're not aware of it, the Special Counsel has essentially the same job and authority as a US Attorney.

What this means is that, when the Special Counsel declines to complete his job by making a clear prosecutorial decision one way or the other and punts it upstairs to his boss - who IS the Attorney General, not Congress - it becomes the responsibility of the Attorney General to make that decision. So Barr has done nothing inappropriate or abnormal.

What this also means is that it is 100% not Mueller's job to make any decisions about who to report to, or who does what with his report's information once handed in. He's a flunky, not Torquemada directing the Spanish Inquisition.

Fact check by whom?

Now that is false since Mueller VIOLATED the Special Counsel requirement that he give either a PROSECUTION or DECLINATION to each charge in the FINAL report. Since Mueller didn't do either on the Obstruction charge, that forced Barr and others to make the determination BASED on what evidence Mueller provided in the report. That is the specific reason why AG.Barr made the decision at all, because Mueller failed to do his job in making that decision.

I have posted this about 7 times now, yet not one of you leftists acknowledge the obvious violation, which Barr himself noted, when asked why he made the decision that there was insufficient evidence of obstruction.

Here it is AGAIN!

28 CFR § 600.8 - Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.

"(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

bolding mine

==============================================================================================================

I posted this one week ago, which was completely ignored:

From the Federalist,

Mueller Passed The Prosecutorial Buck, Preferring To Slime Trump On Obstruction Rather Than Indict

"After two years and spending an estimated $35 million, Robert Mueller issued a 448-page report that ignored the governing special counsel regulations. Those regulations required Mueller, at the conclusion of the special counsel’s work, to “provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.”

Yet, instead of issuing the mandated closing documentation, Mueller explained that his team “determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment” of whether “to initiate or decline a prosecution.”

Attorney General William Barr spoke during today’s press conference of Mueller’s failure to perform this regulatorily required duty. When asked why he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein felt it necessary “to take it to the next step to conclude there was no crime,” Barr retorted:"

========================================================================================

Here is that reason why Barr stated in why he made the decision, that Mueller failed to make:

"Reporter: "Given that, why did you and Mr. Rosenstein feel the need you had to take it to the next step to conclude there was no crime, especially given DOJ policy?"

Barr: "The very prosecutorial function and all our powers as prosecutors, including the power to convene grand juries and compulsory process that's involved there, is for one purpose and one purpose only. It's to determine yes or no, was alleged conduct criminal or not criminal. That is our responsibility and that's why we have the tools we have. And we don't go through this process just to collect information and throw it out to the public. We collect this information. We use that compulsory process for the purpose of making that decision. And because the special counsel did not make that decision, we felt the department had to. That was a decision by me and the deputy attorney general. Yes."

LINK

red bolding mine
=================================================================================================

Its over, the decisions have been made, there are no prosecution charges to run with. Mueller didn't post any against Trump. Stop fighting reality!

Fact check by whom?

Now that is false since Mueller VIOLATED the Special Counsel requirement that he give either a PROSECUTION or DECLINATION to each charge in the FINAL report. Since Mueller didn't do either on the Obstruction charge, that forced Barr and others to make the determination BASED on what evidence Mueller provided in the report. That is the specific reason why AG.Barr made the decision at all, because Mueller failed to do his job in making that decision.

I have posted this about 7 times now, yet not one of you leftists acknowledge the obvious violation, which Barr himself noted, when asked why he made the decision that there was insufficient evidence of obstruction.

Here it is AGAIN!

"(c)Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

bolding mine

==============================================================================================================

From the Federalist,

Mueller Passed The Prosecutorial Buck, Preferring To Slime Trump On Obstruction Rather Than Indict

"After two years and spending an estimated $35 million, Robert Mueller issued a 448-page report that ignored the governing special counsel regulations. Those regulations required Mueller, at the conclusion of the special counsel’s work, to “provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.”

Yet, instead of issuing the mandated closing documentation, Mueller explained that his team “determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment” of whether “to initiate or decline a prosecution.”

Attorney General William Barr spoke during today’s press conference of Mueller’s failure to perform this regulatorily required duty. When asked why he and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein felt it necessary “to take it to the next step to conclude there was no crime,” Barr retorted:"

========================================================================================

Here is that reason why Barr stated in why he made the decision, that Mueller failed to make:

"Reporter: "Given that, why did you and Mr. Rosenstein feel the need you had to take it to the next step to conclude there was no crime, especially given DOJ policy?"

Barr: "The very prosecutorial function and all our powers as prosecutors, including the power to convene grand juries and compulsory process that's involved there, is for one purpose and one purpose only. It's to determine yes or no, was alleged conduct criminal or not criminal. That is our responsibility and that's why we have the tools we have. And we don't go through this process just to collect information and throw it out to the public. We collect this information. We use that compulsory process for the purpose of making that decision. And because the special counsel did not make that decision, we felt the department had to. That was a decision by me and the deputy attorney general. Yes."

LINK

red bolding mine
=================================================================================================

Its over, the decisions have been made, there are no prosecution charges to run with. Mueller didn't post any against Trump. Stop fighting reality!
Mueller "declined" prosecution because of a Justice Department interpretation of constitutional limitations placed on prosecutors which preclude prosecution of a sitting POTUS.
D3gqfG1XsAAHrjZ.jpg

Mueller provided a road map for congress to impeach the semi-literate, pathological liar currently residing in the White House while Barr does all he can to obstruct such an outcome.

Fact check by whom?

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

From the Federalist,

LINK

red bolding mine

Do you know the difference between investigator and prosecutor?
Remaining 16 known probes.
tygtascqqsv21.jpg

Fact check by whom?

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

From the Federalist,

LINK

red bolding mine

Do you know the difference between investigator and prosecutor?
Remaining 16 known probes.
tygtascqqsv21.jpg

Oh, hey, incorrect assumptions based on a false premise. Let me get RIGHT on caring about that.

. . . And I'm done.

Fact check by whom?

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

From the Federalist,

LINK

red bolding mine

Mueller "declined" prosecution because of a Justice Department interpretation of constitutional limitations placed on prosecutors which preclude prosecution of a sitting POTUS.
D3gqfG1XsAAHrjZ.jpg

Mueller provided a road map for congress to impeach the semi-literate, pathological liar currently residing in the White House while Barr does all he can to obstruct such an outcome.
That's good news, George. Trump and Barr going to the World Series.

Fact check by whom?

Here it is AGAIN!

bolding mine

From the Federalist,

LINK

red bolding mine

D3gqfG1XsAAHrjZ.jpg

Tell 'em to stay out of Cuba, Hossfly
qycdazqr2mx3pibrqejl.jpg

Trump Administration Kills Baseball Deal With Cuba

Forum List

Back