House GOP’s Ryan to unveil new budget

A subject you obviously failed, if you believe that the Senate cannot introduce a bill.
Legislative Process – How the Congressional Legislative Process Works

Were you too lazy to read the actual Constitution?

Article 1

Section. 7.

Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.​

MORON.

First FAIL on your part...
YOU said:
Duh, all bills originate in the House, not the Senate.

You said nothing about raising revenue. You said they ALL originate in the House, which is patently untrue.

Second FAIL on your part:
All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives
A budget bill does not raise revenue. It determines how revenue raised will be spent.

That's 2 FAILS on the same subject on the same post. God, you're stupid. I even posted a link that shows EXACTLY how the budget process works, and you still cling to your FAIL.

Man up, admit you goofed. It happens to us all.

EDIT: FYI the bills that can only originate in the House are 'appropriations' bills.

You're quite a moron. In context, the federal budget is a revenue bill.

DT must be checking with his 7th grade civics teacher to see why she didn't properly prepare him for discourse on the general operations of the government :rofl:

Were you too lazy to read the actual Constitution?

Article 1

Section. 7.

Clause 1: All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.​

MORON.

First FAIL on your part...
YOU said:

You said nothing about raising revenue. You said they ALL originate in the House, which is patently untrue.

Second FAIL on your part:
All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives
A budget bill does not raise revenue. It determines how revenue raised will be spent.

That's 2 FAILS on the same subject on the same post. God, you're stupid. I even posted a link that shows EXACTLY how the budget process works, and you still cling to your FAIL.

Man up, admit you goofed. It happens to us all.

EDIT: FYI the bills that can only originate in the House are 'appropriations' bills.

You're quite a moron. In context, the federal budget is a revenue bill.

you simply refuse to admit you are wrong.

The budget bill is NOT a revenue bill.

The ONLY bills that MUST begin in the House, are appropriations bills, and the budget is NOT an appropriations bill. I have linked yo to proof that both the Senate and House can submit budget bills, along with the entire process from start to finish.

Your refusal to admit you are wrong simply solidifies your status as a useless poster here.

INTERACTIVE: The Federal Budget Process (washingtonpost.com)
DT... look at section 2...
Once the president lays out his proposal, the House and Senate budget committees can begin writing their budget resolutions. The budget resolution sets targets for spending and tax revenue and identifies any policies that will need to move through reconciliation. The resolutions are sent to the floor for a vote, and differences are resolved in conference.
If the Senate cannot introduce a budget resolution, then what is there to reconcile with the House budget resolution?

From the OP link........

But the document will be an important symbolic outline of Republican priorities in a key election year

I find this a very telling statement.

So what the article is stating is that Ryan will be the one to set the priorities for the entire GOP platform?

The same Ryan whose last budget eliminated Medicare as we know it?

Ryan?s Budget Attempts to End Medicare and Shift Costs to Seniors

The same Ryan whose budget his own party and the American people rejected?

Poll: Conservatives And Republicans Oppose Ryan Budget | TPMDC

Poll: Americans don’t support Ryan-budget | Right Across the Atlantic

THIS guy will be setting the GOP priorties in the upcoming election?

I can't wait to see the details. This ought to be good. :popcorn:

Yes, it is a nice piece of mouth watering piece for Democrats to run propaganda against.

I wonder, are the Republicans trying to lose the election?

Of all the delicious election issues to campaign against the Democrats, Republicans want to remind people of some of their own problems when dealing with policy. Don't Remind them, I say! Campaign on these wonderful, liberal created problems while keeping mum on anything that could derail your efforts to win!

It is called politics--that is the process of winning people over to your side! Don't give the citizenry a reason not run to you!

INTERACTIVE: The Federal Budget Process (washingtonpost.com)
DT... look at section 2...
Once the president lays out his proposal, the House and Senate budget committees can begin writing their budget resolutions. The budget resolution sets targets for spending and tax revenue and identifies any policies that will need to move through reconciliation. The resolutions are sent to the floor for a vote, and differences are resolved in conference.
If the Senate cannot introduce a budget resolution, then what is there to reconcile with the House budget resolution?

looks like Dick Tuck tucked his dick in and ran when confronted by reality.:lol:

Yeah, how unfair of dems to show the practical consequences of the Ryan plan.

Simple fact: The Ryan plan costs medicare recipients money and provides ZERO incentives for savings.

Let's not use SOCIALIZED MEDICINE, which costs half as much and provides better outcomes...NO! That's UNAMERICAN!

Wonder what the repercussions will be of that half billion Obamacare is taking out of Medicare to bolster that clusterfuck bill??

Socialized Medicine?? Oh you mean Govt run medicine.

You want to trust your medical care to the Govt?? The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well in its entire history?? That Socialized Medicine.

Better you than me buddy. I wouldn't trust Govt to run my anything.

Then you're a fool.

Government built the interstates, researched and built the atomic bomb, the microprocessor, the internet and landed a man on the moon.

Good thing we didn't have lazy dumbasses like you back then.

No. Your the fool if you think Govt run anything will be cheaper or better.

Anyone who depends on Govt to take care of them is the lazy dumbass.

You fit the bill to a tee. Idiot.

If Paul Ryan wanted to stop wasting everyone's time, he would introduce a budget composed of sufficient compromise sufficiently bi-partisan and centrist enough that it could get through the Democratic Senate and get signed by the Democratic President.

Anything else is just obstructionist posturing.

Wonder what the repercussions will be of that half billion Obamacare is taking out of Medicare to bolster that clusterfuck bill??

Socialized Medicine?? Oh you mean Govt run medicine.

You want to trust your medical care to the Govt?? The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well in its entire history?? That Socialized Medicine.

Better you than me buddy. I wouldn't trust Govt to run my anything.

Then you're a fool.

Government built the interstates, researched and built the atomic bomb, the microprocessor, the internet and landed a man on the moon.

government run medicare is the most popular and widely used government service. it also keeps costs down as much as possible. if many americans had the the choice, they would actually use medicare services if they were afforded to them.

Last edited:
If Paul Ryan wanted to stop wasting everyone's time, he would introduce a budget composed of sufficient compromise sufficiently bi-partisan and centrist enough that it could get through the Democratic Senate and get signed by the Democratic President.

translation: He should just write a budget that gives the Dems everything they want. Anything else is asking for a fight.

Then you're a fool.

government run medicare is the most popular and widely used government service. it also keeps costs down as much as possible. if many americans had the the choice, they would actually use medicare services if they were afforded to them.

Let me get this straight, Syphon...you're making the point that Medicare keeps costs down? Really? Does this take place in some "alternate universe" that I'm not familiar with?

translation: He should just write a budget that gives the Dems everything they want. Anything else is asking for a fight.

You're an idiot, and illiterate. That's not a promising combination in the modern world.

I think most American families who have to live within a budget are owned an explanation form the Democrats on why they believe that the Federal government suddenly became exempt from the process.

We have annual trillion deficits

We have our first ever credit downgrade

Why don't we have a budget?

Then you're a fool.

Wonder how popular it would be if you could use only the money you personally have put into it??

If when your money ran out you weren't funded by those paying behind you??

Somehow I think it would lose loads of its popularity.

You're an idiot, and illiterate. That's not a promising combination in the modern world.

^^ Ironic post is ironic

Wonder how popular it would be if you could use only the money you personally have put into it??

medicare works the same way as insurance, its just run through the government.

lets say you have private insurance and you need heart surgery. in the end the cost for all your treatment is $500,000. lets say over the years you have paid in $50k in the way of premiums. by your logic, the insurance company wouldnt have to cover your procedure since you havent paid enough money into the system. is that what you are advocating?

funny how the only ones you ever accuse of obstructionism are Republicans.

Did you hear?

McDonalds is coming out with the new "0bama Meal"...

You order anything you want on the menu and the guy behind you pays....

Forum List

Back