House GOPer: Leadership had to talk me into voting for repeal

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
The Plum Line - House GOPer: Leadership had to talk me into voting for repeal

Duffy said that the GOP leadership could only get him to vote for the bill repealing health reform by vowing that Repubicans would ultimately put forth their own proposal to replace it:

"I don't believe that we should ... just do a straight-up repeal. My position during the campaign and today is, let's reform the reform or repeal and replace. And so, I wasn't gonna vote for it. But I went and spoke to the leadership, and I got a commitment that we were going to bring forward our ideas on this replacement bill.

This is interesting on a couple of levels. First, it suggests that some Republicans are aware of the pitfalls of voting just to repeal the bill without offering anything in the way of their own solutions to the health care crisis. Second, it suggests that rank-and-file Republicans are expecting their leadership -- which has promised to roll out an alternative but hasn't set a deadline for it -- to make good on their vow to do just that. And if and when they do, it's going to be interesting to see how the public views the GOP alternative and whether a straight-up comparison of GOP-versus-Dem ideas get people to reconsider their harsh verdict on the Affordable Care Act."

His party tricked his dumbass, they never had any plan to replace or reform and still don't, a more seasoned politician would have saw right through that ploy. Focking GOP, they lie and deceive their own.

Just went to the link, one of the comments was.....

"GOP Rep. Sean Duffy of Wisconsin"

A little context on this guy:

He won Dave Obey's seat. His district voted for Obama by 56% to McCain's 43%.

Now, now.

Did you think Flylo would let facts get in the way of anothe rgood HuffPo peice of bs??

(I'm assuming its HuffPO because that the only source Flylo ever quotes.)

Imagine that! The leadership having to convince the members to vote their way! That almost never happens! Except it is, in fact, SOP on both sides of the aisle. In fact, Pelosi had to play very nasty to drag the blue dogs along on healthcare.... but where was Fail&Won'tGo's outrage about that? Nope, that was fine.

Is there anything less intelligent than whining about one side doing what the other side does?

Pathetic, partisan idiot.

Now, now.

Did you think Flylo would let facts get in the way of anothe rgood HuffPo peice of bs??

Actually you're wrong again dumbass, the source is from Washington Post, but even if it was from Huffington Post what proof do you have to dispute it? Shut the fuck up.

Now, now.

Actually you're wrong again dumbass, the source is from Washington Post, but even if it was from Huffington Post what proof do you have to dispute it? Shut the fuck up.

So you're saying that Claudette is making comments without even bothering to click the link? Lazy or just dumb?

Why post this stuff? Talking points from George Soros? How about this fact "democrat leadership had to bribe me to vote for the health care bill"? Remember the Cornhusker kickback and the Louisiana Purchase?

The Plum Line - House GOPer: Leadership had to talk me into voting for repeal

Duffy said that the GOP leadership could only get him to vote for the bill repealing health reform by vowing that Repubicans would ultimately put forth their own proposal to replace it:

"I don't believe that we should ... just do a straight-up repeal. My position during the campaign and today is, let's reform the reform or repeal and replace. And so, I wasn't gonna vote for it. But I went and spoke to the leadership, and I got a commitment that we were going to bring forward our ideas on this replacement bill.

This is interesting on a couple of levels. First, it suggests that some Republicans are aware of the pitfalls of voting just to repeal the bill without offering anything in the way of their own solutions to the health care crisis. Second, it suggests that rank-and-file Republicans are expecting their leadership -- which has promised to roll out an alternative but hasn't set a deadline for it -- to make good on their vow to do just that. And if and when they do, it's going to be interesting to see how the public views the GOP alternative and whether a straight-up comparison of GOP-versus-Dem ideas get people to reconsider their harsh verdict on the Affordable Care Act."

His party tricked his dumbass, they never had any plan to replace or reform and still don't, a more seasoned politician would have saw right through that ploy. Focking GOP, they lie and deceive their own.
You really have to get off this "Left/Right" paradigm you've built for yourself Flaylo.

Choice.jpg

Now, now.

Oh dear, you're getting very repetitive with the 'shut the fuck up' rant at anyone who disagrees with you, Fail&Won'tGo. For someone who claims to have sworn to defend the Constitution you really should know better than to seek to silence those who dissent from your Messiah.

And.... why didn't you have a problem with the dems when they coerced votes from their own party on healthcare?

Why, suddenly, is it vitally important? You're making yourself look even more ridiculous than normal... which is actually impressive. I hadn't realized you could dumb down any further. Goes to show that I can be wrong occasionally.

Now, now.

Oh dear, you're getting very repetitive with the 'shut the fuck up' rant at anyone who disagrees with you, Fail&Won'tGo. For someone who claims to have sworn to defend the Constitution you really should know better than to seek to silence those who dissent from your Messiah.

And.... why didn't you have a problem with the dems when they coerced votes from their own party on healthcare?

Why, suddenly, is it vitally important? You're making yourself look even more ridiculous than normal... which is actually impressive. I hadn't realized you could dumb down any further. Goes to show that I can be wrong occasionally.

Shut the fuck up, happy now?

I'm always happy when a moron makes a moron of himself. It saves me the effort of doing it. Thanks.

I'm always happy when a moron makes a moron of himself. It saves me the effort of doing it. Thanks.

And again, I say shut the fuck up, do you get it?

Why post this stuff? Talking points from George Soros? How about this fact "democrat leadership had to bribe me to vote for the health care bill"? Remember the Cornhusker kickback and the Louisiana Purchase?

So, in other words, the "new" GOP leadership are no better than the Democrats they replaced?

I've observed it takes little effort for CG to make a moron of herself; she seems to have quite a capicity in doing so.

Forum List

Back