House GOP won't pass bin Laden resolution

So the dems want to break the rules for political points and grandstanding.

shocker

no really, im stunned

Break the rules? The rule in question is a House operating instruction, not any sort of constitutional requirement. Republicans could easily wave it, just as they've waved other operating instruction they've passed.

I believe what we have here is political bullshit, the democratic Senate passed the resolution knowing full well the House had a rule against this stuff. No doubt they will try to use it in the 2012 campaigns to distract voters from what really matters. Which is the shitty job the dems have been doing.

I believe what we have here is political bullshit, the democratic Senate passed the resolution knowing full well the House had a rule against this stuff. No doubt they will try to use it in the 2012 campaigns to distract voters from what really matters. Which is the shitty job the dems have been doing.

Naturally...it's all they have left...facts are strangers...demegoguery a familiar bedfellow.

It matters little, since OBAMA GOT HIM...while W didn't really care where he was.:lol:

It matters little, since OBAMA GOT HIM...while W didn't really care where he was.:lol:

From what I've read, the work to find Bin Laden started under the BUSH admin and continued under Obama. Yet another example of a Bush poliicy that Obama decried and then usurped. To say that W didn't really care is ridiculous.

Absolutely petty bullshit.

But what can you expect from a crowd that passed a special resolution to keep a hospital from pulling the plug on a dead girl.

Pathetic.
yeah, and how many of those senators and congressmen survived the 2008 and 2010 elections?

Using the killing of bin laden is wrong isnt it. Mission accomplished, righty's?

Yup, mssion accomplished. Credit Obama for doing the right thing, making the tough call, and keeping it a secret fro a long time. Impressive, I must admit, although they sucked at the aftermath, kept screwing up the story and probably talking too much about it.

Whoop de do, he got one thing right in the last 2 and a half years. As far as foreign relations go, he's pretty much fucked up everything else. Only times he's done good is when he continued to do what Bush did. Boy, I'll bet that rankles him too.

From what I've read, the work to find Bin Laden started under the BUSH admin and continued under Obama. Yet another example of a Bush poliicy that Obama decried and then usurped. To say that W didn't really care is ridiculous.

Here is the short version of Bush saying he was not "concerned" about Bin Laden. You want the long version?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupDegJ3avQ]YouTube - ‪Bush truly not concerned about bin laden‬‏[/ame]

Here is the short version of Bush saying he was not "concerned" about Bin Laden. You want the long version?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupDegJ3avQ]YouTube - ‪Bush truly not concerned about bin laden‬‏[/ame]

President Bush did not the attention of the public on OBL, not when we're fighting 2 wars. He wasn't that concerned, but that doesn't mean he didn't care where he was, as usual you miscrued his words. At the very time Bush is speaking these words the CIA is waterboarding people and collectingintel that did lead to finding OBL, so it wasn't off the radar.

They passed a rule. They are going to follow the rule. One can argue the sense of the rule, but it is a rule.

Now, back in the days when Democrats ran congress, they passed a rule called "paygo" which many thought stupid and counterproductive. And thirty days later they broke the rule and made it a dead letter. when some goof Republican senator tried to filibuster the bill that broke Paygo, which he voted against IIRC, he was given the Alinsky treatment for a a week till he finally gave up on it.

I like the rule. I think this example shows why absolute prohibitions in rules are stupid, but this is the rule, and you can debate the merits of the rule, but it shouldn't justify ignoring it.

It's hard to take these claims seriously. Just to use PAYGO as an example, Republicans are constantly complaining about how spending is not being paid for and just added on the deficit, but then trash the mechanism for keeping spending down. And the current Congress has been no different. Republicans passed a rule saying bills could not increase the deficit. They ignored that one on one of their first votes.

President Bush did not the attention of the public on OBL, not when we're fighting 2 wars. He wasn't that concerned, but that doesn't mean he didn't care where he was, as usual you miscrued his words. At the very time Bush is speaking these words the CIA is waterboarding people and collectingintel that did lead to finding OBL, so it wasn't off the radar.

Yup, all that torturing and W still didn't get Bin Laden. The iinformation that came to get Bin Laden came months after all the turturing ended. Obama has more reason to say "Mission Accomplished" than W. But he won't. He didn't fly onto an aircraft carrier dressed in a flight suit. Nope, he only went and thanked the Navy Seals and CIA operatives that accomplished the feat. That is Class, not Crass. You will figure it out one day.

For god's sake you could not have shut down this wisacre any lower. Seriously, Bush defenders gets slammed a lot but on this one, they are being destroyed.

You do ralize he shut down the team that was dedicated to getting bin laden dont you? Just stop, you look like a fool here.

Forum List

Back