House GOP tries to stop Sandy relief funding. Governors respond.

From my understanding....whether it be 60 billion or 80 billion, that was the down payment....if needed, more would be forthcoming.

Come on guys.....you make everything sound so political. :lol:

60 Billion.

Which is less than the amount authorized for Katrina, even though more people are affected by this than by Katrina.

They asked for $80B

These are all union states so the ultimate cost will be double whatever they asked and only half the work gets done

A conservative's incredibly conditional sense of charity is so conditional that it ceases to be charity and becomes a political weapon. How much suffering are you willing to inflict in the republican vendetta against unions?

I'd have the states waive all prevailing wage laws as a condition of getting the money

Listen ....

is that "Hail to the Chief" I hear playing as Hillary Clinton steps up to the microphone?

And they wonder why they are losing ...

Yes sir, the GOP owns the Congress. There aren't any democrats in congress and harry reid is just a figment of the right's imagination.

Just how fucking stupid are lefties anyway? There doesn't seem to be any end to it!

Listen ....

is that "Hail to the Chief" I hear playing as Hillary Clinton steps up to the microphone?

And they wonder why they are losing ...

you can get off your knees already..good gawd...sickening worship of politicians

They asked for $80B

These are all union states so the ultimate cost will be double whatever they asked and only half the work gets done

A conservative's incredibly conditional sense of charity is so conditional that it ceases to be charity and becomes a political weapon. How much suffering are you willing to inflict in the republican vendetta against unions?

I'd have the states waive all prevailing wage laws as a condition of getting the money

Of course you would, nothing good for regular people ever comes from a conservative without strings attached yet republicans give out tax cuts to the wealthy or buy super weapons like penny candy and never even demand they work as advertised.

Yes sir, the GOP owns the Congress. There aren't any democrats in congress and harry reid is just a figment of the right's imagination.

Just how fucking stupid are lefties anyway? There doesn't seem to be any end to it!

you can't do anything without the house. at least not in this regard.

you do understand how that works, right?

or should we provide you with basic educational sites?

Last edited:
60 Billion.

Which is less than the amount authorized for Katrina, even though more people are affected by this than by Katrina.

They asked for $80B

Charity is NOT govenment handing out money they have to borrow, at the expense of the next 3 generations.

Might want to get a grip.

Charity is NOT govenment handing out money they have to borrow, at the expense of the next 3 generations.

Might want to get a grip.

When you have an emergency, and you don't have the money on hand, you take out a loan, and pay for it later.

That's the way of the world.

Now, as far as I know, the area affected by the storm has been paying a much higher share of taxes, per capita, than the rest of the country, and receive much less in the way of funding, per capita, on a pretty regular basis.

So, when they finally do ask for financial help, you better be damn sure that they get it. Before they start suing those low-cost-of-living (mostly Red) States for their damn money back.

Last edited:
They're asking for $80 Billion and totally oblivious to Obama's Fiscal Cliff

Yeah..I know..

It's not like Bush asked for Emergency Supplemental Spending to invade a nation and kill lots of people in a nation that did nothing to us.

That was what? A couple of trillion?

No shakes.

80 billion to help peeps?

YAAAHHARRRGGGG...SPENDING!!

Yeah..I know..

It's not like Bush asked for Emergency Supplemental Spending to invade a nation and kill lots of people in a nation that did nothing to us.

No shakes.

Hammer, meet nail head.

They're asking for $80 Billion and totally oblivious to Obama's Fiscal Cliff

Yeah..I know..

No shakes.

A couple trillion?

LOLz

Uh huh

Sure it is.

Ah more keen insights from Stephanie. What happened to the emoticons though ?????

I think some Democrats must have started a sleeper cell within the Republican Party about 30 year ago. Now they are bringing these moles out to do as much damage as possible.

No other way to explain it. Grown people ... even the far right ... CAN'T be this stupid.

It appears that these folks think EVERYTHING is an opportunity to attack. When a pitcher knows that the batter is gonna swing at every pitch, he can make him look like an idiot. And that is EXACTLY what is happening.

If they don't turn this thing around quick, we're gonna be looking at an Hillary Clinton administration.

Run Chicken Little Run. ROTFLMFAO.

Forum List

Back