House GOP to vote NO on stimulus package

Didn't realize they could delete live TV broadcasts of his speeches ... while live.
thats not what i was talking about
Bush did tons of things to get along with dems and not ONCE did i ever see him do things that were divisive in domestic politics
do you have an example?

He knocked down every proposal to help the economy that the Dems put out and passed every one that the Reps put out without even reading them. He always went against the Dems and always bad mouthed them whenever he could. I hate both parties equally, because of this, both do it.
um, sorry kitten, but thats not how it works
Bush doesnt "pass" any bill
he can either sign it or veto
and since he didnt veto anything for the first 5 years, i guess you have a massive fail on that one

thats not what i was talking about
Bush did tons of things to get along with dems and not ONCE did i ever see him do things that were divisive in domestic politics
do you have an example?

He knocked down every proposal to help the economy that the Dems put out and passed every one that the Reps put out without even reading them. He always went against the Dems and always bad mouthed them whenever he could. I hate both parties equally, because of this, both do it.
and since he didnt veto anything for the first 5 years, i guess you have a massive fail on that one

"A rose by any other name ..." Just because my language is different it's the same concept. Vetoing is technically "not passing" something, signing into law is techniclly "passing" something as well. Different words, same effect.

I agree,if the ship was so worthy why do the Dems keep whining for the GOP to jump on and help take credit . The ship must be the Titanic in reality.

What an inane remark. If they just pushed it through in the house like they can, you would bitch about that. If they try to work together you bitch about that. Obama, as president, goes to meet with them and talk. They basically say fuck you.

The ship is the USS US and the republicans are more worried about getting back in charge than if the ship sinks. They already ran it aground in the last 8 years, but that doesn't concern them.

This will come back on the repubs as their constituents find out what they will lose with the righties vote.

I will be glad when Obama and the Dems finally realize that the current rightie leaders in DC don't know what the word "collaborate" means and then say sorry we tried to work together and it didnt' work. Now we are going to act like you did when you were in charge.

Yeah, rejecting all of the Republican's amendments to the bill was really "working together". The Dems clearly showed that they have no interest in working together. Unlike some on this board, I have looked into the bill. There are so many "non-stimulus" items in it. In reality, it is just a big way for the Dems to get all of their pet projects done in one bill.

"A rose by any other name ..." Just because my language is different it's the same concept. Vetoing is technically "not passing" something, signing into law is techniclly "passing" something as well. Different words, same effect.
but Bush didnt veto ANYTHING for the first 5 years
and his first veto was something to do with abortion(i dont remember exactly what it was)

i remember this because i was pissed he wasnt vetoing some of the shit that was coming out

Sorry for being so partisan, but lets not forget that the GOP along with Clinton sent jobs overseas. We need to get those jobs back home. I don't know about you guys, but I'm done listening to Republicans cry PROTECTIONALISM and ISOLATIONISM when we talk about bringing jobs back home.

They are soooo concerned with the corporations profits. FUCK the corporation. Fuck the CEO's giving themselves bonus' with the bailout money. What did Obama call it? Disgusting? What did Bush call it? Free market.

Bring manufacturing back home. We had a god damn economy. That's how you fix the fucking economy. Have an economy. Stop giving it to China. Who says we have to buy from China? But then we owe China everything, which means they own us.

But they don't own the international bankers who sold China this country. Who cares about one country when you can obtain the world.

We own this country. Time to take it back.

You guys want the government to do the right thing. Call them!!!!

Obama called it disgusting? I guess he was disgusted with his new treasury secretary then because he got over 430 thousand from his old job. Can you say Hypocrite?

The CBO says it will.

The CBO says it will provide SOME stimulus primarily through tax "credits" for people that don't pay taxes and some investment in small business loans. Hell anytime the government spends money it provides some stimulus.

I don't even think Oboma likes what Nancy and the boys dreamed up. The fact is and it is not disputable the only bipartizan ship shown in the house was AGAINST this bill. The press happily states ALL the republicans voted against it. They conveniently leave out that some democrats voted against it also in the headlines.

Jim

Sorry for being so partisan, but lets not forget that the GOP along with Clinton sent jobs overseas. We need to get those jobs back home. I don't know about you guys, but I'm done listening to Republicans cry PROTECTIONALISM and ISOLATIONISM when we talk about bringing jobs back home.

They are soooo concerned with the corporations profits. FUCK the corporation. Fuck the CEO's giving themselves bonus' with the bailout money. What did Obama call it? Disgusting? What did Bush call it? Free market.

Bring manufacturing back home. We had a god damn economy. That's how you fix the fucking economy. Have an economy. Stop giving it to China. Who says we have to buy from China? But then we owe China everything, which means they own us.

But they don't own the international bankers who sold China this country. Who cares about one country when you can obtain the world.

We own this country. Time to take it back.

You guys want the government to do the right thing. Call them!!!!

Obama called it disgusting? I guess he was disgusted with his new treasury secretary then because he got over 430 thousand from his old job. Can you say Hypocrite?

Who knows, maybe he was disgusted by it? Do you think he would have said it publicly if he did think that?
You might as well shoot yourself in the foot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back