House GOP Targeting Title X, Pushing Abstinence Only Programs

And people without health insurance are supposed to do what, squat, drop the kid and get back to work in the fields?

Prior to WW2 hardly anyone had health insurance. I guess we all lived in fields in the 1935 and just had babies and went on working.

So you want the US to go back to the standards of 1935? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh brother... and btw, tell us how pushing abstinence is any different from pushing abortion and birth control?

They're all pushing something.

poster child for abstinence only:

BristolPalinPregnantjpg.jpg

good grief, are you Obsessed or what.:cuckoo:

Botom line.... 99% sure they'd be up for three-way with the two of them though.

:lol:

THe programs you want to push will pay for people who are perfectly capable of paying for some things themselves. But we have relieved them of making choices, and thus condemned them to a life in the underclass. I realize Democrats like that because it insures future voting blocks. But only a heartless and cruel person wants to perpetuate poverty. Republicans want to end poverty. And ending programs that incentivize poverty is the first step.

First of all, you seem to completely neglect that the allegedly "comfortable" life of those in "poverty" is due to the fact that we have government programs available. The reason there are so few people going hungry is because they have food stamps. Take that away, and watch the number of people going hungry on a regular basis increase dramatically. Our poor have housing because we have government programs that help to provide housing for them. So on and so forth. Thus arises your dilemma. You talk about the poor having disposable income to provide their own medical care, among other things. You cite the fact that they have such and such necessities and claim that as evidence as having disposable income, yet neglect their receipt of benefits from government social programs that help provide those things. Your entire argument is nonsensical, so much so that I simply cannot believe anyone stupid enough to fall for it on its merits. Whatever the reason for your fanatical and irrational bias and hatred, it is exactly that, and it leads you to fanatical and irrational proposals and "solutions."

And that's the reason why most Americans, even those like myself who would like to see fewer people on government assistance, reject such extremist suggestions as you make, and support "lesser evils" like providing Medicare paying for birth control for its recipients, so as to spend less money than the alternative.

People get pregnant and transmit venereal disease via sexual intercourse. Or didn't anyone tell you. See the doctor about that pain when you urinate.

Oh good grief, this shows how much of a fanatic you are. You're either such a fanatic that you actually believe that, or you're such a fanatic that you have no objections to spouting something so obviously untrue. People have sex because they want to have sex. Those who have learned about safe sex are much more likely to prevent STD infection or transmission, or get pregnant. Failing to teach safe sex, in favor of abstinence only programs will give you....well....it will give you Texas.

THe programs you want to push will pay for people who are perfectly capable of paying for some things themselves. But we have relieved them of making choices, and thus condemned them to a life in the underclass. I realize Democrats like that because it insures future voting blocks. But only a heartless and cruel person wants to perpetuate poverty. Republicans want to end poverty. And ending programs that incentivize poverty is the first step.

First of all, you seem to completely neglect that the allegedly "comfortable" life of those in "poverty" is due to the fact that we have government programs available. The reason there are so few people going hungry is because they have food stamps. Take that away, and watch the number of people going hungry on a regular basis increase dramatically. Our poor have housing because we have government programs that help to provide housing for them. So on and so forth. Thus arises your dilemma. You talk about the poor having disposable income to provide their own medical care, among other things. You cite the fact that they have such and such necessities and claim that as evidence as having disposable income, yet neglect their receipt of benefits from government social programs that help provide those things. Your entire argument is nonsensical, so much so that I simply cannot believe anyone stupid enough to fall for it on its merits. Whatever the reason for your fanatical and irrational bias and hatred, it is exactly that, and it leads you to fanatical and irrational proposals and "solutions."

And that's the reason why most Americans, even those like myself who would like to see fewer people on government assistance, reject such extremist suggestions as you make, and support "lesser evils" like providing Medicare paying for birth control for its recipients, so as to spend less money than the alternative.

Do you have any ability to present evidence or is every post merely an expression of your "feelings"?
We have more poverty now than we did before the Great Society. We have programs designed to keep people in poverty, not raise them up. Maybe that's OK with you. It isn't with me.
I never heard of a gov't program that provided televisions, or cell phones, or cars. Care to explain that? No, of course not.
You clearly don't know what the fuck you are talking about. ANother left-wing 'tard talking out of his ass about things he knows nothing about.

People get pregnant and transmit venereal disease via sexual intercourse. Or didn't anyone tell you. See the doctor about that pain when you urinate.

Oh good grief, this shows how much of a fanatic you are. You're either such a fanatic that you actually believe that, or you're such a fanatic that you have no objections to spouting something so obviously untrue. People have sex because they want to have sex. Those who have learned about safe sex are much more likely to prevent STD infection or transmission, or get pregnant. Failing to teach safe sex, in favor of abstinence only programs will give you....well....it will give you Texas.

Do you think there is anyone in the United States that does not understand about safe sex and contraceptives?

We don't have a problem with poverty. Look at some of the third world countries. Ask the people who don't have enough to eat, use cardboard boxes for homes and sleep 6 in a bed.Ask them to look at our "poor" sit in their homes or apts, watching tv and eating donuts. They are waiting for their checks while watching the soaps and then it's time for a nap.

The difference is, in the third world countries, they never got an education and their is no hope for a job. That's not true here. We give and give and some take and take. That's all they know. We have them trained pretty well. Solid Democrat block voting. Don't upset the applecart, now.

Do you think there is anyone in the United States that does not understand about safe sex and contraceptives?

Yes I do. I've lived among them. They are called Texans. They have laws that prohibit teaching safe sex in schools, so many of them never learn about it as children. Their land has among the highest teen pregnancy and STD rates in the country. Their Governor has created hundreds of thousands of jobs while in office. Which have been filled with illegal aliens who come to their land to take advantage of government subsidized college tuition, which he pushed through their legislature. I believe you are a fan of his, no?

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly, the Abstinence program began under the Bush administration and was a collosal failure. In keeping with any federal program, it wasn't cancelled but just pushed into to include, abortions, contraceptives and the like. That was the case even though there programs already designated for those purposes.

So, now it is a duplicate program which the participants could get treatment elsewhere, but the funding is duplicated. That is what is wrong with Federal Programs that do not work and shoved to one another to result in multiple funding. The ideas are right, but one program can do the same at 10. Let's clean house!

What we know and what we do are two different things. If people acted rationally all the time, we'd have a lot less problems in the world.

First time I had sex, contraception was the last thing on my mind. (Fortunately, she had planned ahead.)

What we know and what we do are two different things. If people acted rationally all the time, we'd have a lot less problems in the world.

First time I had sex, contraception was the last thing on my mind. (Fortunately, she had planned ahead.)

Exactly my point. There is plenty of education out there. Teen pregnancy and speads of VD are not due to ignorance but something else. Something else this program doesn't address.

Yes I do. I've lived among them. They are called Texans. They have laws that prohibit teaching safe sex in schools, so many of them never learn about it as children. Their land has among the highest teen pregnancy and STD rates in the country. Their Governor has created hundreds of thousands of jobs while in office. Which have been filled with illegal aliens who come to their land to take advantage of government subsidized college tuition, which he pushed through their legislature. I believe you are a fan of his, no?

OK, you are the among the dumbest partisan hacks on this site. And that's saying something.
In fact, I'm through with your inane uninformed comments that reflect gross ignorance and bigotry.
Buh bye.

Forum List

Back