House GOP scraps direct vote on payroll tax cut bill

So let me get this straight.

If you are against a policy....but it is enacted anyway....and you are forced to put adhere to that policy...and pay for that policy...

One is a hypocrite if they get the advantages of the policy?

In a fair world...I would call one a hypocrite if they had the option NOT to put in to the poilicy they were against and do anyway for the advantages.

But we are FORCED by law to put in...so we are a hypocrite for taking out?

She's a hypocrite for being against government supported programs, yet Social security...don't touch that. Protect that at all costs. Protect that even if it means increasing taxes on the middle class. She also happens to be on SS and has children who are damn near being eligible for SS.....funny how that works out. That's raging hypocrisy.

If a person PAYS INTO A PROGRAM guaranteeing to receive that money later on, it should be expected. Do you understand that? It is not a welfare program where nothing was paid in. Don't you expect to receive what you paid in?

No he doesn't understand that. He's a fucking moron. And he can't answer a simple direct question either.

We're well aware. It's obvious that you only care about yourself and what the government can do for you. You're a true self-sustaining american patriot. Be proud.
Take her lead, then. Care about your self. Some of us have worked hard, spent wisely and are quite comfortable without mooching off taxpayers, and then, there's Liberals.

And some of us don't hate our president simply because he's black.

See how I can make a ridiculous sweeping generalization as well? Where does that get us? Absolutely nowhere. Let me know when you're ready to use your brain to have a real discussion.

Where in the world did that come from?

If you are against a policy....but it is enacted anyway....and you are forced to put adhere to that policy...and pay for that policy...

In a fair world...I would call one a hypocrite if they had the option NOT to put in to the poilicy they were against and do anyway for the advantages.

She's a hypocrite for being against government supported programs, yet Social security...don't touch that. Protect that at all costs. Protect that even if it means increasing taxes on the middle class. She also happens to be on SS and has children who are damn near being eligible for SS.....funny how that works out. That's raging hypocrisy.

That is spin.

Truth is, SS has become a way of life in America...and many people, such as myself, who were against it, were forced to contrinute to it anyway...and for us to NOW have it taken away would nopt only beinappropriate...but devastating to many who were forced to count on it when they retire.

That is not being a hypocrite. We were forced to play along with it.

BUT...

That is a good example of the concerns of the conservative.

Even conservatives have found how reliant one can become on "entitlements"...especially when you spend the better part of 50 years contribbuting to it....

And if a conservative comes to rely on entitlements...you can see why so many peopole are fidning the entitlement way of the as the ONLY way of life.

I guess this means you haven't the ability to answer a direct question.. What a fucking dolt.

Now tell us why you want to rob the next generation? We're interested in hearing about it.

Tell us why you hate the middle class and want to stall the economy even further.

we dont. We inherently disagree with the democratic policies as economic spark plugs.
It is childish spin to say we are looking to stall the economy even further.

Just like its childish to act like I want to rob social security. I'm sick of the constant moving of the goal posts and what is most important. One second it's jobs, than it's the deficit, then it's SS. No matter what dems want to do, the nutters will find something about it that isn't 100% ideal for one of the other "crucial" areas. It's a fucking endless shell game that is beyond played out.

That is spin.

Truth is, SS has become a way of life in America...and many people, such as myself, who were against it, were forced to contrinute to it anyway...and for us to NOW have it taken away would nopt only beinappropriate...but devastating to many who were forced to count on it when they retire.

President Bush had the right idea to privatize and give citizens the option to opt out.

We're well aware. It's obvious that you only care about yourself and what the government can do for you. You're a true self-sustaining american patriot. Be proud.
Take her lead, then. Care about your self. Some of us have worked hard, spent wisely and are quite comfortable without mooching off taxpayers, and then, there's Liberals.

See how I can make a ridiculous sweeping generalization as well? Where does that get us? Absolutely nowhere. Let me know when you're ready to use your brain to have a real discussion.

What is wrong with hating our President becuase he is black?

I've told you a million times. Send back all the money I was FORCED to Pay and I'll stop collecting my social security. It's just that easy.

after you've sent back MY money then you can rightfully claim I'm a hypocrite. Till then you can eat shit and die.

Ewe seem nice.

Look, idiot! The House wants to extend for 12 months and the Senate wants only 2 months. What do you think voters would prefer? Yup. THANKS, T.E.A. PARTY

I prefer the year but I think they should have taken the two months.

It will come up again in 2 months and they can hash it out then and go for an extention.

Loads of drama for nothing.

If it was a good bill for two months then why to the demoncrats think a year is bad?

They can't think beyond two months, evidently. It has been well proven.

Tell us why you hate the middle class and want to stall the economy even further.

we dont. We inherently disagree with the democratic policies as economic spark plugs.

Just like its childish to act like I want to rob social security. I'm sick of the constant moving of the goal posts and what is most important. One second it's jobs, than it's the deficit, then it's SS. No matter what dems want to do, the nutters will find something about it that isn't 100% ideal for one of the other "crucial" areas. It's a fucking endless shell game that is beyond played out.

It's a proven fact that the payroll deduction robbed the social security fund of 111 billion dollars last year. An extension would do the same this year. So yes, if you are for it you are in fact robbing the social security fund. So be "sick of it" all you want to. That's the reality of the situation.

It goes both ways with both parties....both ideologies.
I see it....you dont?

I've told you a million times. Send back all the money I was FORCED to Pay and I'll stop collecting my social security. It's just that easy.

after you've sent back MY money then you can rightfully claim I'm a hypocrite. Till then you can eat shit and die.

Ewe seem nice.

Ewe don't.

That is spin.

Not spin at all. If we are in such dire financial condition and "everything" should be on the table, why doesn't that include SS? Why doesn't that include the military? It's classic hypocrisy because those are things that she benefits from. So of course those are the exception to the rules. But those mooching middle class need to "make those tough sacrifices".

Millions of voters are going to miss the deduction. THANKS BAGGERS!

Look, idiot! The House wants to extend for 12 months and the Senate wants only 2 months. What do you think voters would prefer? Yup. THANKS, T.E.A. PARTY

It will come up again in 2 months and they can hash it out then and go for an extention.

No they should not have taken the two months. A two month extension on the cut is useless to the economy at large. The whole idea behind this bill is supposedly to help the economy. To get businesses reinvesting and hiring. Right now businesses are trying to hoard cash. They're just sitting on it because they don't know what the future holds. They don't know if the economy is going to get better and they don't know what their expenses will be because they don't know what their tax rates will be. No business worth it's salt is going to make a major expansion or hiring decision when all they know is how much their taxes will be for a mere two months and no idea after that.

This is one hell of a spin the democrats with the help of the main stream media have tried to pull. All the headlines are 'house GOP blocks extension of tax cuts'. I guess their banking that the bulk of the nation is stupid and can't see through this. The simple fact is it is the DEMOCRATS trying to avoid committing to long term tax cuts along with the major job booster, the keystone pipeline.

Last edited:

Where in the world did that come from?

I suspect he pulled it out of his netherparts.

Millions of voters are going to miss the deduction. THANKS BAGGERS!

This begs the question, Why do Dems want only a 2 month extension? Could it be that they want to continue to use it during the campaign? Should we get only a 2 month reprieve, it will become another catastrophe that won't go to waste; another hammer to use to try to paint the GOP as obstructionists.

No they should not have taken the two months. A two month extension on the cut is useless to the economy at large. The whole idea behind this bill is supposedly to help the economy. To get businesses reinvesting and hiring. Right now businesses are trying to hoard cash. They're just sitting on it because they don't know what the future holds. They don't know if the economy is going to get better and they don't know what their expenses will be because they don't know what their tax rates will be. No business worth it's salt is going to make a major expansion or hiring decision when all they know is how much their taxes will be for a mere two months and no idea after that.

This is one hell of a spin the democrats with the help of the main stream media have tried to pull. All the headlines are 'house GOP blocks extension of tax cuts'. I guess their banking that the bulk of the nation is stupid and can't see through this. The simple fact is it is the DEMOCRATS trying to avoid committing to long term tax cuts along with the major job booster, the keystone pipeline.

The bottom line is the working middle class receiving the tax cuts NOW are gonna come up short when they get ready to try to retire. Social security will be much poorer when the demoncrats get through handing it out to satisfy their political aspirations. This is one gift horse you should definitely look in the mouth.

It's a proven fact that the payroll deduction robbed the social security fund of 111 billion dollars last year. An extension would do the same this year. So yes, if you are for it you are in fact robbing the social security fund. So be "sick of it" all you want to. That's the reality of the situation.

Just so we're clear, you are more concerned with Social Security down the road, then with the health of the middle class today.

Just so we're clear, you are more concerned with Social Security down the road, then with the health of the middle class today.

see above asswipe. It's called having the ability to look beyond your nose.

He's black? :shock: Imagine that! I thought he was just a deranged Liberal. I'll have to ramp up my hatred.

Forum List

Back