House GOP scraps direct vote on payroll tax cut bill

I think you miss the point.

Do you think the taxpayers want 2 months or a year extention on money in their paychecks?

Personally I think the taxpayers will opt for the year.

No, you miss the point. They will get NEITHER now that the baggers had their temper tantrum.

So wanting a year instead of 2 months is a temper tantrum?

The House will most likely shelve it until the 23rd when they all come back from their oh so cushy Holiday vacation. Don't see the Seante coming back as they raced for the exits already.

Personally I think they should have passed it and hashed it out in Feb.

Will have to see how it all plays out.

The Baggers will attach riders and ask for more cuts. That is how it always plays out.

Do you think the taxpayers want 2 months or a year extention on money in their paychecks?

well they would take a year if the republicans would let that happen but they wont.

They would take the two months if they cant get the year but republicans wont let happen either.

So they will get a tax hike with a fuck you from the republicans.

They dont mind raising taxes on the lower classes but they will pull out all the stops to keep wealthy people from recieving a tax hike.

Why do you want to extend an ineffective tax break that further weakens SS?

well they would take a year if the republicans would let that happen but they wont.

They would take the two months if they cant get the year but republicans wont let happen either.

So they will get a tax hike with a fuck you from the republicans.

They dont mind raising taxes on the lower classes but they will pull out all the stops to keep wealthy people from recieving a tax hike.

So... the GOP wants a year, but you say they won't let it happen.

You're really monumentally stupid, aren't you... (rhetorical question... we already know the answer).

the tea baggers have become the party of the wealthy.

It wont help them survive this.

The tea party has had it closeup and they are about to hit the trash heap of society

They have overreached for the last time. Their games are becoming very tiring. Voters will make them pay.

And I suppose there's not a pile of House bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk that haven't come up for a vote?

the tea baggers have become the party of the wealthy.

It wont help them survive this.

The tea party has had it closeup and they are about to hit the trash heap of society

They have overreached for the last time. Their games are becoming very tiring. Voters will make them pay.

And I suppose there's not a pile of House bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk that haven't come up for a vote?

A count I seen yesterday was 483

The ball is in the House baggers court now. They either pass the 2 months extension or they look very silly. Most of the Senate, including GOP Senators, have left Washington.

THIS IS GETTING GOOD!

No they can do it the way it's been done for 230 years and pass their own version and send it over to the Senate for conference committee.
And there it will sit, on Reid's desk like 17 or 18 other bills. Then when the campaign heats up and Dems trot out this bill to illustrate GOP "obstructionism", the GOP will show a photo of Reid's desk. The voters will then get to decide who's holding things up.

It was 420 back in 2010...
Frustrated House still waiting for Senate action on 420 bills - TheHill.com

483 is probably about right by now. The Party of NO in the Senate sits on anything that might make the GOP look good, and their golden boy bad.

483 is probably about right by now. The Party of NO in the Senate sits on anything that might make the GOP look good, and their golden boy bad.

Thanks for the clarification, I wasnt sure. :eusa_clap:

TM and the usual suspects will claim all 483 bills would have hurt the poor, helped the rich, and generally destroyed America :rolleyes:

TM and the usual suspects will claim all 483 bills would have hurt the poor, helped the rich, and generally destroyed America :rolleyes:

420 Bills Passed by House Got No Senate Attention

That was under Nancy Pelosi. Want to call a Waaaambulance now?

A 2 month extension could cost businesses money.

Payroll Processors Fume as Congress Fiddles on Tax-Cut Extension - Businessweek

“System-wise, it would cause more problems than if nothing were done,” O’Toole said.

Isberg’s group sent lawmakers a letter yesterday warning that there is “insufficient lead time” to implement the separate limit for January and February, which would require significant programming changes.

The approach, he wrote, “could create substantial problems, confusion and costs affecting a significant percentage of U.S. employers and employees.”

Easier to Implement

Instead, Isberg wrote, enacting the 4.2 percent rate retroactively during 2012 would be easier to implement, because many payroll systems self-correct when tax rates change.

The house republicans are right to demand a full year extension.

I still say why does Reid keep insisting on bringing these emergency measures to the floor instead of doing the real job and passing real solutions? This could at least been a one year solution instead of two months just to do this again in Frebruary and finally getting the pipeline activated.

No wonder we don't have anything done in the Senate. We wouldn't have this predicament now.

420 Bills Passed by House Got No Senate Attention

That was under Nancy Pelosi. Want to call a Waaaambulance now?

No need, the point was to highlight the absolute dysfunction of the senate.

But if you need to argue, they have been effective. :popcorn:

House Republicans scrap direct vote on Senate payroll tax plan - CNN.com

Obviously they know there will be defections. How do you deal with? You refuse to even hold a vote on it. It is the most undemocratic method available to the baggers.

Boner is a wuss...

You hypocritical liberoidal hack whining pussy.

Manipulation of "the system" is only ok when assfucks like Reid or Pelousy are doing it.

Boehner isn't the wuss. You are.

Fuck that two month extension bullshit. Extend it or drop it (and face the consequences), but the House is leaning in the correct direction in telling Reid and the Senate to stuff it.

Last edited:
It's funny to watch cons argue that "you don't raise taxes during a recession" but when it comes to middle class tax cut extension...well, "everyone knows that those don't work". The sham that you people pretend to be looking out for the middle class is amazing. Is it because you're jealous of the middle class and want to drag them down to your level?

Forum List

Back