House GOP pushes abortion restrictions

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Washington (CNN) -- House Republicans are holding hearings this week on legislation to restrict federal support for abortion, a move that has little support in the Democratic-controlled Senate or White House, but is of enormous importance to the GOP's socially conservative base.

House GOP pushes abortion restrictions - CNN.com

Meanwhile, unemployment still sits at 9%. Where the hell is that JOBS BILL that the GOP promised????

This was seriously funny. A topic not at all being part of the present public discourse, or an issue really..and is now pushed to the forefront to enflame passions.

Gotta hand it to the rubes..they are both predictable..and predictably horrible in terms of governance.

They should rename the abortions restrictions bill the "jobs bill" and then youd have Democrats overwhelmingly support it.

After all, all you have to do to please them is have something named a jobs bill. Doing something to actually benefit the nation, not so much.

Washington (CNN) -- House Republicans are holding hearings this week on legislation to restrict federal support for abortion, a move that has little support in the Democratic-controlled Senate or White House, but is of enormous importance to the GOP's socially conservative base.

Meanwhile, unemployment still sits at 9%. Where the hell is that JOBS BILL that the GOP promised????

it coming....someday...but not before they deal with the more important social issues, that they said they where staying away from.

Yeah...does anyone else find it ironic that the GOP is pushing to restrict abortions during the very same week they recommend eliminating the WIC program which helps to provide food for pregnant women and children?:eusa_eh:

They should rename the abortions restrictions bill the "jobs bill" and then youd have Democrats overwhelmingly support it.

After all, all you have to do to please them is have something named a jobs bill. Doing something to actually benefit the nation, not so much.

it benefits people for you "small government" hypocrites to tell women what to do with their bodies? or does it benefit people for you to let women die if they need an emergency abortion?

i'll await which one benefits people and isn't ramming rabid rightwingnut ideology down everyone's throats.

fix the mote in your own eye.

it coming....someday...but not before they deal with the more important social issues, that they said they where staying away from.

Yeah...does anyone else find it ironic that the GOP is pushing to restrict abortions during the very same week they recommend eliminating the WIC program which helps to provide food for pregnant women and children?:eusa_eh:
women are only good for being hookers.

well, you know how it is... the harlots are supposed to be cast out and shunned. this is the nearest they can do these days without putting red A's on women's foreheads.

losers.

Clearly, the GoP has fixed the economy, reined in the deficit and can now concentrate on more important things like making sure there poor women can't get abortions. Way to go Repubs - what a surprise.

Of course...what's also interesting is the potential Pandora's Box this inovative approach to attacking a woman's reproductive rights may have on other areas of business, charities and churches that use tax deductions. As if that isn't enough, they're trying to "defund" Planned Parenthood - one of the rights prime "bogeymen" who provide a wide range of reproductive services including contraception to poor women. However, to listen to the wingnuts, Planned Parenthoods sole activity is industrial-scale abortion mills.

If they are so concerned about Planned Parenthood's "encouraging" criminal abuse of minors according to controversial and highly edited videos) perhaps they ought to cast their eyes (and maybe their video cameras) to our nation's churches. With the number of scandals involving sex with children hitting the news, perhaps it's time to make sure - using the contorted logic of this new bill - that NO TAX MONEY is supporting pedophilia. Revoke their tax exempt status - no more religious tax deductions :yes

Or better yet - stick to their campaign promises of deficit reduction and economic improvement ...

GOP Takes Latest Abortion Fight To The Tax Code : Shots - Health News Blog : NPR

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., who has been leading the fight for abortion rights in Congress since she was a House member in the 1980s, said the bills do far more than their sponsors are alleging.

Not only would the bill that seeks to make permanent the Hyde amendment forbid public funding of abortion, she said, "it tells women they can't use their private money to purchase insurance that covers a full range of health care. It punishes women and businesses with a tax hike — a tax hike — if they wish to keep or buy insurance that covers the full range of reproductive health care."

That's because, for the first time, the measure seeks to eliminate some of the tax advantages that come with health insurance if that insurance also covers abortion — tax advantages like being able to buy insurance with pre-tax dollars.

That could affect millions of people because most private insurance covers abortion.

"It is overreaching — an intrusion of the most reprehensible kind," said Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.

QFT.

And wtf I keep saying this but, why the fuck are there so many retarded threads as of late?

Stopping Government funding of abortions = No time for a "jobs bill"? Really, is this what the attacks have boiled down to?

I'd say we don't need a jobs bill so not getting one is a +. How much fucking good did the Dem/Obama's job stimulus bill do the nation? The goals were all missed by so far talking points turned into "we could have been in a depression," now that's fucking damage control.

Shit, you're probably one of the same fuckers that complained about the Republican house not doing anything before they were even sworn in, that's how fucking handicapped some of the people on these boards are. I didn’t like Obama but shit, at least I gave him the chance to destroy himself, I didn’t have to make shit up.

They are talking about eliminating the WIC program?
If so, how stupid are they. I know a lot of WORKING families that benefit from the WIC program. I know I did.

Funny...do you care to show me how they are looking to restrict abortions?

They are looking to retrict government FUNDING of abortions...which is directly related to the GOPS attempt to minimize government spending.....which is directly related to the bigeest issue of our time...our deficit.

Now, you may want to disagree with the GOPS's sentment as it pertains to whether or not abortions should be paid for by the tax payer.....that is fine and most certainly worthy of debate......but to insinuate that they are addressing social issues and not more "important" things is plain old disingenuous.

Dead people can not get jobs.:(

you're pretty much a moron, aren't you? :cuckoo:

It seems that one has to be a moron to support today's GOP.
devolutionnew.jpg

Dead people can not get jobs.:(

So if one disagrees with your sentiments, then they must be a moron?

Interesting.

Me? I see valid arguments on both sides of the aisle. I disagree with the democratic ideas but I by no menas see them as moronic.

Please offer me an example of how one must be a moron if they believe in....say.....not funding abortion.

Now...sure you can say..."what about all of those poor single women that cant get a job and get pregnant"

But I can respond with...."they will likely be less apt to get pregnant if they were aware that they have no job and would have to pay for an abortion on their own....

And you can then say..."thats moronic...they will still get pregnant anyway....

And I would then say..."so you are telling me that if you were told that you can no longer get a free lunch, you would not make sure you had enough money for lunch from that day on?"

So you see...you may disagree with me....but is my thinking truly that of a moron?

If yes....explain.

Just some questions/pondering...

Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for the distribution of Holy Bibles?
Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for Christian missionaries to other countries?
(No) Is my guess for almost everyone’s vote – because we want to stick with freedom of religion, aye?

Next question:
Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for something that you believe is morally unethical because of your faith?
(Most prominent example - Abortion)

Rather, let me ask that again in another way…

Is it right that those who are against abortion because of their faith have to pay for other’s abortions in any way with their tax dollars, but those who are not in the faith (of Christianity per say) do not have to pay for Bibles, missions, other charities, etc?

Anyone seeing what I'm saying? See the sneakiness of this health reform bill? How the exercise thereof of some of our faiths (freedom of religion) could be being taken away?

Isn’t freedom of religion part of all our liberties in the United States of America?

I mean, I realize that some people who do not have any faith can’t see this or don’t understand or don’t want to understand. They may think it’s not important. However, for people of faith, their faith is what they live by and want those rights protected.

The very freedom atheists have (freedom of atheism, etc) is also part of our freedom of religion. Just because atheists may not understand people of faith’s stance on abortion, fornication, etc, and don’t agree with it - that shouldn’t be an excuse for people of faith to have to pay for something they don’t believe in (abortions), all the while, atheists or the like, don’t have to pay for something, like Bibles, missions, etc. Right?

Regardless of your faith or no faith, do you really want to see us go this route?

William Saunders: Democrats' EO offer shows Obamacare does fund abortion

. William Saunders: Democrats' EO offer shows Obamacare does fund abortion | The Examiner | Op Eds | Washington Examiner

So if one disagrees with your sentiments, then they must be a moron?

Interesting.

Me? I see valid arguments on both sides of the aisle. I disagree with the democratic ideas but I by no menas see them as moronic.

Please offer me an example of how one must be a moron if they believe in....say.....not funding abortion.

Now...sure you can say..."what about all of those poor single women that cant get a job and get pregnant"

But I can respond with...."they will likely be less apt to get pregnant if they were aware that they have no job and would have to pay for an abortion on their own....

And you can then say..."thats moronic...they will still get pregnant anyway....

And I would then say..."so you are telling me that if you were told that you can no longer get a free lunch, you would not make sure you had enough money for lunch from that day on?"

So you see...you may disagree with me....but is my thinking truly that of a moron?

If yes....explain.
problem is the money spent is a dollar compared to the HUNDREDS of dollars that are definitely wasted else where

and if our bill is in the thousands bitching about where a dollar is spent versus the fucking grand you owe is kinda ...well its fucked up .

i dont give a shit that poor women are getting funded to have an abortion

in fact poor women are exactly the people who should have access TO abortion - you cant afford a kid fuck yeah abort him

its just such a bunch of bullshit for the GOP to complain about social programs and how much they cost and then insist that people be brought into the world to be a burden on ....wait for it .. our social system.

who the fuck is going to care for these kids that are born whose parents dont want them?? and how is that NOT going to cost money???

honestly the GOP is so full of hypocritical shit its really nauseating that somehow they dont disgust themselves

Just some questions/pondering...

Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for the distribution of Holy Bibles?
Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for Christian missionaries to other countries?
(No) Is my guess for almost everyone’s vote – because we want to stick with freedom of religion, aye?

Next question:
Would you think it is right if your tax dollars paid for something that you believe is morally unethical because of your faith?
(Most prominent example - Abortion)

Rather, let me ask that again in another way…

Is it right that those who are against abortion because of their faith have to pay for other’s abortions in any way with their tax dollars, but those who are not in the faith (of Christianity per say) do not have to pay for Bibles, missions, other charities, etc?

Anyone seeing what I'm saying? See the sneakiness of this health reform bill? How the exercise thereof of some of our faiths (freedom of religion) could be being taken away?

Isn’t freedom of religion part of all our liberties in the United States of America?

I mean, I realize that some people who do not have any faith can’t see this or don’t understand or don’t want to understand. They may think it’s not important. However, for people of faith, their faith is what they live by and want those rights protected.

The very freedom atheists have (freedom of atheism, etc) is also part of our freedom of religion. Just because atheists may not understand people of faith’s stance on abortion, fornication, etc, and don’t agree with it - that shouldn’t be an excuse for people of faith to have to pay for something they don’t believe in (abortions), all the while, atheists or the like, don’t have to pay for something, like Bibles, missions, etc. Right?

Regardless of your faith or no faith, do you really want to see us go this route?

William Saunders: Democrats' EO offer shows Obamacare does fund abortion

. William Saunders: Democrats' EO offer shows Obamacare does fund abortion | The Examiner | Op Eds | Washington Examiner

you live a a society

you pay for shit you dont want and may not ever use

you pay for roads you wont drive on - you pay for schools eventhough you may have no kids- you pay for having a public transport system even if you have absolutely NO use for a train bus or monorail

and yes you pay for guys to go out a kill even if you dont believe in killing- its called a society - you live in it - quit bitching about why you have to pay for shit you dont like - because everyone is paying for shit they dont like

welcome to the club

Forum List

Back