House GOP leaves door open to tax rate hike...

They should raise everyones taxes. Not just the rich. The revenue is in the middle class, not the rich. Not enough of them.

I'm sure the economy will take off like a rocket. I've also got some good swampland down her in Florida for sale.

I say drive over the cliff and deal with it. It will lower the deficit and make us more stable in the long run.

Hey, it's your economic plan, own it. Raise tax rates, increase spending, print more money. I'm sure everything will turn out roses.

They should raise everyones taxes. Not just the rich. The revenue is in the middle class, not the rich. Not enough of them.

I'm sure the economy will take off like a rocket. I've also got some good swampland down her in Florida for sale.

If you look back raising taxes has always been the tenet of the Democrat Party. I admit there are times when increases are needed. This is not one of them as far as the middle class goes.

We need cuts. We need a serious effort at reducing waste, not just rhetoric. We probably could tap the rich for a bit more. Too much and they won't invest.

We need to look at entitlements not with an eye on drastic cuts that directly impact recipients but a look at duplicity and the way it's administered as well as fraud. Obama needs to look at his own healthcare plan and be open to revising it where it can be revised and be made more efficent.

The answers are there but we need our leaders to have the will to take it all seriously.

Sadly they don't. They are all for themselves and they act in accordance with what will get them releected. A reason for term limits.

Obama can go out a great President if he wants to. He can build a legacy since he won't be running again.

It's up to him to show the needed leadership. Sadly he seems to sit back and react instead of being proactive. He's detached and frankly acts more like a celebrity than a serious President. His leadership has been absent.

Just because he was reelected doesn't mean he's doing a great job.

He just outsmarted Romney in the campaigning department.

Last edited:
Well Shelley Moore Capito is stated to be the primary Republican representative so perhaps this is truly a good sign that at least everyone can get to the table.

Obama has never proposed raising taxes on the middle class. But if it makes the sting feel better to advocate that, then go for it. He wants to bring the rate for upper income people back to the Clinton year's level. You know, when the economy was smoking hot.

Before W started his wars and cut the rate....what an idiot.

It will lower the deficit...

Do you realize that even if the so called "cuts" kick in, it will only slightly decrease the planned rate of increased spending? In other words, we'll still increase the deficit.

( V the smilie is from the colon D in the title, not me)
File:Deficit or Surplus with Alternative Fiscal Scenario.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a CBO diagram showing projected deficits with and without the effects of the fiscal cliff.

755px-Deficit_or_Surplus_with_Alternative_Fiscal_Scenario.png

Last edited:
He wants to bring the rate for upper income people back to the Clinton year's level. You know, when the economy was smoking hot.

You do realize that income tax rates were higher for EVERYONE during those years?

You suggest higher tax rates help the economy, so how do you know it wasn't because everyone paid higher tax rates that the economy was "smoking hot"?

Serious logic fail there pal.

How do raising taxes help the economy grow?

Can someone explain this to me?

Fuck the economy, it's about fairness...:eusa_eh: You see, from the Lib/Dem perspective, wealth is a finite pile of cash from which we all must draw. Therefore, if someone has made a lot of dough, someone else must necessarily have made less. Sure, this idea lacks all logic and reason, but it's what FEELS right...and isn't that what's really important?

Forum List

Back