House Dems pass middle class tax cuts

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Ravi, Dec 2, 2010.

1. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    prove that "small biz's with 500ish employees are no longer paying taxes based on personal income?

Try it this way: you claimed that they were paying S-corp (private income) tax. Prove that for us.

2. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Lol...that's because the TMR is a small portion of total tax revenues...and because the portion of people impacted my the TMR - at any level - grows every year.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,675
    BullShit

4. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,118
    Nice job at totally botching reading comprehension. You missed the point completely, but that's not surprising.

5. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,118
    He's already proven he has trouble with reading comprehension, it shouldn't be a surprise he can't even bother to figure out who said what.

I need to remind myself that when I come to this site, I'm often trying to have conversations with people who just aren't educated or forced to use their brain for any type of critical thinking. I need to dumb down what I'm saying so they can keep up with the conversation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,564
    Hmm.

Let the Bush tax cuts expire.

Let capital gains go to the highest in the world.

Wonder if that will convince companies to hire and expand??

The Govt will get more money but it sure won't be helping the economy or job creation.

Simple really. The proof will be in the putting and 2012 will look like the Wild Wild West.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  7. Varth Dader

Varth Dader Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Funny, but do you recall the massive growth in the 90s? Last I recall, it wasn't the Bush tax rates back then...

8. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,112
    And so it goes, let the whining from the right begin.....

"One percent of the nation owns a third of the wealth. The rest of the wealth is distributed in such a way as to turn those in the 99 percent against one another: small property owners against the propertyless, black against white, native- born against foreign-born, intellectuals and professionals against the uneducated and unskilled. These groups have resented one another and warred against one another with such vehemence and violence as to obscure their common position as sharers of leftovers in a very wealthy country." Howard Zinn 'APHOTUS'

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    YES, that was because of the dot.com artificial growth. It BURST also causing a recession!

You do realize the reckless house practices that lead to the mortgage crisis were started during Clinton years, he was a direct beneficiary of the artificial housing boom!

But I love how you will give Clinton all the credit in the world for a great economy, but during the Bush years the economy grew and unemployment was low, until the mortgage bubble burst that is!

10. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +10,691
    Hey asshole - are you going to retract this bullshit, or continue to be a dick?